• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Let the race for the best private server begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a buyers market here. This is one aspect that certainly is in their favor, but that is not enough for them to convince me over.

Buyers market .... you are right.
I imagine I want to buy a bike, the seller gives me two offers:
1. Buy a bike right now but not in the right size for me, way to small and it even hurts when i try to ride it.
2. Order a bike in a decent size, it will arrive soon and is pretty nice to ride.

People which buy the first offer because of the reason to have it now ... are ridiculous, i can't even take them serious.

Well there are some diffrences with nos and kronos. Nos seems to go full "blizzlike" with a retail timeline (Pre gear stats rewamp etc) compared to kronos. So it's not 100% the same these two servers if you count out bugs and scripts ofc.

To me its which ever releases first :/

They are changing the stats of 400 items. That is hardly blizzlike timeline...more of a marketing ploy...jorim explains it better: http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/91577-What-about-No-Battlegrounds-at-launch?p=719588&viewfull=1#post719588

I really like how they are attempting to do a blizzlike timeline. But the reason why it isn't winning me over because they are giving it a half-arsed attempt. You either go big, or go home. Just changing that stats of 400 items wastes more time and resources then anything. I would be convinced if they plan to change talents, bgs and the like as well.

Buyers market .... you are right.
I imagine I want to buy a bike, the seller gives me two offers:
1. Buy a bike right now but not in the right size for me, way to small and it even hurts when i try to ride it.
2. Order a bike in a decent size, it will arrive soon and is pretty nice to ride.

People which buy the first offer because of the reason to have it now ... are ridiculous, i can't even take them serious.

I like your metaphor...you are forgetting one thing...Nos might turn out to be that bike that is a pretty nice ride. Until the server opens we have no way of knowing. Nonetheless people have their preferences. That bike maybe too small for you, but just the right size for someone else.

Last edited:
They are changing the stats of 400 items. That is hardly blizzlike timeline...more of a marketing ploy...jorim explains it better: http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/91577-What-about-No-Battlegrounds-at-launch?p=719588&viewfull=1#post719588

I really like how they are attempting to do a blizzlike timeline. But the reason why it isn't winning me over because they are giving it a half-arsed attempt. You either go big, or go home. Just changing that stats of 400 items wastes more time and resources then anything. I would be convinced if they plan to change talents, bgs and the like as well.

AV was changed. 400 items huh? hmm. it should effect progression nicely. its timeline looked similar to kronos'

Lol as far as the release date goes, even though Nos is coming out on the 28th we're all going to go there and check it out. Everyone will, even the people that say that they're only sticking with Kronos. If there are glaring bugs, we'll see it and it will solidify the reason we're going to wait for Kronos. If not, then we have the hard decision of which to stick with. This is all not taking into consideration the money issue, which is a very good point. If Twinstar has been around for years, I'm probably going to bet on the horse I know that can make it through the race, rather than the new colt that hasn't been tested yet.

But don't kid yourselves into believing you're not going to go see it. I am :p

I'll wait to hear reviews about it. I don't feel like leveling a char just to find out shit dosent work halfway through. If all is good ill try it out. Maybe ill use one server for horde and one alliance, who knows.

AV was changed. 400 items huh? hmm. it should effect progression nicely. its timeline looked similar to kronos'

You cant change av without make people download a different wow version, map are saved on client

I have recently tryed Vengeance of Azeroth, as a human rogue, it looked nice, even humanoid NPCs have been reacting to stealth as they should... And then I have met murlocs, that have been backstabing from the front.. And killed me 4 times, so I have quit. If something similar will hapen on Nost, then there is no reason to fear :smile:

Raid progression and patch progression are different beasts. Nos is trying to recreate patch progression with the attempt of changing 400 items. That won't effect player progression much at all, least in my opinion (depends on what type of player progression, player progression through raids?). However trying to attempt patch progression is a waste of resources, changing the stats on 400 items is a good attempt...but what about all the other mechanics from previous patches they decided to exclude? It wasn't just the items that were buffed to make raids easier,

Raid progression on the other hand is just how new private servers are released. I didn't mean this type of progression, sorry for any misunderstanding. I am glad Nos are doing this. It won't do Nos much good to just release everything at one.

My post was directed at their patch progression specifically.

It's a good intention, there has been support in here for delayed DM release for example. Timeline seems rather fast paced for me, was vanilla really that short (BWL 2 months after MC. ZG month after BWL)? :crying: So in the end all that work will be for nothing, and doesn't really encourage late joiners if that is their selling point.
But that pre 1.12 gear patching... It's kind of a neat feature but if every other aspect of the game stays 1.12 it's just artificial and doesn't really touch how the game was in retail.

Enjoy rebirth 2.0 ,always down coz ddoss and no money for get protection

Rebirth had money for protection. They didn't choose it and used the money to have servers in Canada of all places. They were stupid.

Also Nos seem to claim they have ddos protection.

Dont care, my choice is Kronos anyway!

BTW is it me or fixes on bugtracker started to go one by another after N server trailer? :D

Last edited:
Dont care, my choice is Kronos anyway!

BTW is it me or fixes on bugtracker started to go one by another after N server trailer? :D

Most likely Chero does a lot of fixes, and makes sure they're all done at once instead of doing one, testing it, moving on to the next. It's a lot more efficient, and probably the reason there's a lot of fixes happening almost all at once.

I have recently tryed Vengeance of Azeroth, as a human rogue, it looked nice, even humanoid NPCs have been reacting to stealth as they should... And then I have met murlocs, that have been backstabing from the front.. And killed me 4 times, so I have quit. If something similar will hapen on Nost, then there is no reason to fear :smile:

Same here. I intend to try Nost at launch. If I encounter game-breaking bugs, like you mentioned, then I'll leave it.

If my interpretation of twinhead comments is right, then chero is working on invisibility/vanish mechanics tuning. Also, Armond seems to join the team and he started to do DB fixes.

Just like Cyndan told, I'm going to try it out too. I haven't taken part in their test sessions (watched streams for 5 mins), but I won't let past a release opening, because it's always EPIC... UNLESS! (insert Kronos/Twinstar reply to Nostalrius release announcement)

Know what would really be amazing?

Kronos release same day as Nos ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

I would like to see if the players for Nos would shit themselves over it lmao

Kronos releasing a day before Nos would be even better.

:laugh: that's ingenious

maybe there is a slight hope? :hamsterwave:

Kronos releasing a day before Nos would be even better.

I don't think so actually. It would end up looking desperate. I think that releasing on the same exact day would basically let them know that Kronos doesn't care to steal their thunder. Releasing before now may help in terms of numbers, but not in the way the server would be perceived.

I will of course try nostalrius. If it seems to be stable and good I will be playing there, why should i wait another 6 months. Everybody wants to play right now. If N is shit, i would wait of course.

I wish the best for both projects, but I have the same thoughts as Zzuk on that matter.
Q-Gaming was so promising and got turned to shit by its own community and outside attacks.

Raid progression and patch progression are different beasts. Nos is trying to recreate patch progression with the attempt of changing 400 items. That won't effect player progression much at all, least in my opinion (depends on what type of player progression, player progression through raids?). However trying to attempt patch progression is a waste of resources, changing the stats on 400 items is a good attempt...but what about all the other mechanics from previous patches they decided to exclude? It wasn't just the items that were buffed to make raids easier,

Raid progression on the other hand is just how new private servers are released. I didn't mean this type of progression, sorry for any misunderstanding. I am glad Nos are doing this. It won't do Nos much good to just release everything at one.

My post was directed at their patch progression specifically.

well i'm talking about raids.. kind of obviously.. and if really think that pre-dungeongearupgrade items won't affect raiding, then you need a reality check

Will test it and see for myself if its worth my time, and as a tester of the Kronos project i have to say its gona have to be really fucking good to convince me to play there. But im not gona bother with snickering and outdated sarcasm but instead "watch the movie" and judge by myself. :lol:

well i'm talking about raids.. kind of obviously.. and if really think that pre-dungeongearupgrade items won't affect raiding, then you need a reality check

On its own, it won't affect raiding all that much. With talents, consumables and mechanics on the 1.12 level, as well as the experience of the players. Small stat changes in items will not effect the speed or difficulty of clearing MC or BWL (pre-raid BiS gear will not matter all that much in BWL anyway). not to any marginal degree.

Of course if part of the 400 items includes T2 drops in MC (which were removed in a patch). That is a differently matter entirely, but from what I know that is not on their agenda...I believe the stat changes is towards pre-raid BiS gear.

Last edited:
Honestly, everybody should try it themselves, then decide if it's worth their time, instead of this shit throwing.

Anybody know about bug list/tracker/topic/... for Nost ? It should help me to wait for Kronos, because if there is no much of bugs on Nost, i see no reason to wait for Kronos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom