• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Let the race for the best private server begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that Nostalrius will force Chero to open Kronos earlier. I would say Kronos will be delayed even more to create some time gap and to reach distinctly better quality. You know, the numbers will "decay" by then which could mean more ppl for Kronos. The problem is, it'll take couple of months to achieve proper effect of such a tactic sooo, most likely we're going to be pissed :crying:

But maybe I'm just wrong and Chero is confident enough to ignore the whole "Nostalrius has been opened! HoHoHo..." thing. One way or another I am supercurious about how this ends up. For me it is Kronos no matter what. :yes:

God this is why Kronos is going to fail, because people like you have this feeling like just because Nostalrius is not as polished as Kronos, you think its going to fail.

Whats going to happen is that the server is going to go up and whoever goes to play there are going to play regardless of bugs, because the only two servers worth playing on are Kronos and Nostalrius. People only have one place to go.

Their servers will not take a dump in the first 2 weeks and lose all the player base. Its not possible. The only thing that will happen if they have a rugged start, is IMPROVE IMPROVE IMPROVE. If they Subscriber base and player population is high enough they will probably even hire more developers to fix bugs faster and pull ahead of Kronos.

TLDR really annoying how people think that Nostalrius is going to fall in 2 weeks just because it releases first and isnt as polished as Kronos. plz ppl use brains. They take a risk of commiting to launching first, now they have the advantage.

Last edited:
Realising before Nost is unrealistic. Giving a "concrete" Kronos release date before Nost release is something Kronos team should do, so everyone who rolls Nost for trying out knows how long to wait.

This.
Even if I'd prefer a release in February.

First off there hasn't even been a public test for Kronos, only developer videos or explanations on the forums.
Second '2 1/2 weeks' is a lost closer then 'no release date in site'. This server was supposed to be up by the end of the year, there have been no 'beta access' tests, even in just a limited fashion. How do we even know this server can take the heat of loggins without crashing? We don't. We are going off of what dev's are saying on the forums and from what I gather it is literally 1 actual developer working on things and a couple others for forums / testing. That is crazy small.

tldr: Play in 2 1/2 weeks and try for yourself vs. wait for promises (like the 2014 release date promise) and not play, other arguments are essentially pointless back and forth with very little validation

- - - Updated - - -

God this is why Kronos is going to fail, because people like you have this feeling like just because Nostalrius is not as polished as Kronos, you think its going to fail.

Whats going to happen is that the server is going to go up and whoever goes to play there are going to play regardless of bugs, because the only two servers worth playing on are Kronos and Nostalrius. People only have one place to go.

Their servers will not take a dump in the first 2 weeks and lose all the player base. Its not possible. The only thing that will happen if they have a rugged start, is IMPROVE IMPROVE IMPROVE. If they Subscriber base and player population is high enough they will probably even hire more developers to fix bugs faster and pull ahead of Kronos.

TLDR really annoying how people think that Nostalrius is going to fall in 2 weeks just because it releases first and isnt as polished as Kronos. plz ppl use brains. They take a risk of commiting to launching first, now they have the advantage.

The fact that people haven't even played on Kronos just makes it all sound like fanboy goggles.

How do we even know this server can take the heat of loggins without crashing? We don't.

You do realize twinstar is launching this server? They have several realms with populations. I'm fairly certain they can handle what is expected. They aren't novices.

I personally would play on the better scripted server. If Kronos and Nostalrius fail I will wait for the CoreCraft Vanilla server (it may take 5+ years tho :tongue:).

Ok, let me say my opinion.
There are few ways, whats gonna happend after Nos opened.
All vanilla community somehow heards about Kronos hype + hype from Nos = 80% of vanilla players w8ing for a perfect server. Nos can get perfect boost from start, using this double hype.
1) They good enought (like 70% of Kronos, but 250% of Fe*nix and other).
Let's take starting online as 100%. Hardcore vanilla players, like players from retail, and other old players, who realy saw quality, it's only 20-30%. Other 70% are players from shit privates and TBC+ times. They don't actualy know, how vanilla realy looks like, and they impressed by Nos quality (after Fe*nix btw). 20-30% (pro players) will leave to w8 Kronos, or even playing while w8ing for Kronos, thereby improving hes pop even more. Kronos will release few month after with brilliant quality (i hope), giving all hype to Nos. Sad story.
2) Nos terribly bad, even worse then fe*nix. Players totally dissapointed in this hype, and loosing they hopes to play real vanilla after long time. They returning to sad old chars, or even quite wow. Some of them will ofc try Kronos, but again, no currently hype.
3) Nos better then Kronos :lol:
4) Nos just bad, people dissapointed, but still have last hope - Kronos! But this thing won't improve Kronos hype!!! so no hype again.
In currently situation, i think, for Kronos the only good way to get opened earler. I know that won't happend, but... =)
In the end we risk to get little improved ED (''well, all play there, i'll play there''), and just separate vanilla community to one more server. And low pop, but well made Kronos from other side, as it was last time.

Last edited:
In currently situation, i think, for Kronos the only good way to get opened earler.
I don't think people like playing on buggy servers. Rushing to release the server before is ready is what happened to ED.

I think it's fairly well accepted that Kronos will be a more polished server, but if Nostalrius is "good enough" people will stay there.
There's no reason to be fairly well accepted. We've seen nothing, except videos. Videos mean nothing, they can be faked to increase the hype. People now have to choose between something REAL and something "much better", but VAPOR. I think most will at least TRY Nos and if it's not terribly bad, and if they level up and the devs actually are doing more fixing before Kronos is launched, then Kronos is fucked. Because if Kronos is not launching in like a month or so (which I don't see it happening with 1% increases every 2 weeks or more) and Nos is not completely fucked up, people that start there will be sitting on level 60 characters, doing end game content, and good luck making them start AGAIN, even if the new server is "better". If they are actively fixing and patching their shit people won't leave. The problem with other private servers is that almost nothing is being fixed.

I think Kronos should REALLY put up a beta server to show people that there is INDEED something worth waiting for. Not for testing, not for bug reports, but to show there's SOMETHING to back up the claims. Can't fight the real deal with youtube videos...

I don't think people like playing on buggy servers. Rushing to release the server before is ready is what happened to ED.
Isn't ED the most populated vanilla server? Right, people don't like playing on buggy servers... Not to mention that all the private servers are more or less buggy, and Kronos will not make an exception.

But you dont get it, it wouldnt be buggy if it launched now. There would only be a few small bugs that would be fixed over time. Its not like if they release now its going to be bugged to fuck, cause that would mean that 84% is not accurate. That would be like 30% on the progress bar? Get it?

- - - Updated - - -

My reasoning is this. Would you rather play within the month on Kronos and have a few buggy quests that you might not even end up doing/encountering on your way to 60? Or would you rather wait 3 months for them to finish the server and fix bugs that YOU MAY NEVER EVEN RUN INTO OR NOTICE

You forgot that Kronos was there in the past and about 300 people included me played there from the beggining of second Kronos. I can say you even in the past it was the best scripted server available. For example this quest part of big chain was working there. After a while i started playing on ED because of population lack and i was disappointed by the poor quality script on ED. But i must say that population is important and Kronos did not have population.

Last edited:
sywht1.gif

They hate uz, cuz they aint uz

Other people have already mentioned the fact that people shouldn't really put a lot of faith in Kronos because most people haven't played on it, and that is fair. But also, I see some people say that we shouldn't worry because Kronos is a part of a much larger project and while that may have its positives, have any of you played on the other servers extensively?

I just made an orc warrior on their TBC server and immediately I noticed two bugged things that people like to give so much criticism to ED:

1. The stun portion of warrior's charge spell is bugged.
2. And the quest "A Peon's Burden" is bugged as well.

That's just on the first 4 levels. Now I'm not saying that their server is bad or anything as I said I only played from 1 to 10, but there's a reason why many people didn't give Molten's Cata server a chance, because Molten has a reputation of not being good.

I guess I'm saying don't put a lot of faith on these projects unless you have actually played on them.

And also, Mosotti's comment is very true in my opinion, playing on a 1xp rate server is a very time consuming thing, unless there's a radical difference in overall quality people will be hard pressed to actually abandon their characters, guild and friends and leave for another server.

You forgot that Kronos was there in the past and about 300 people included me played there from the beggining of second Kronos. I can say you even in the past it was the best scripted server available. For example this quest part of big chain was working there. After a while i started playing on ED because of population lack and i was disappointed by the poor quality script on ED. But i must say that population is important and Kronos did not have population.

This is a great addition to the reason that its useless to continue waiting to release Kronos. Second Kronos was scripted well right? The only problem with second Kronos was population. Kinda leads me to believe that the progress bar is entirely inaccurate. People are going to go to Nostalrius because they know the Devs see the project as a work in progress, not a work of perfection.

Other people have already mentioned the fact that people shouldn't really put a lot of faith in Kronos because most people haven't played on it, and that is fair. But also, I see some people say that we shouldn't worry because Kronos is a part of a much larger project and while that may have its positives, have any of you played on the other servers extensively?

I just made an orc warrior on their TBC server and immediately I noticed two bugged things that people like to give so much criticism to ED:

1. The stun portion of warrior's charge spell is bugged.
2. And the quest "A Peon's Burden" is bugged as well.

That's just on the first 4 levels. Now I'm not saying that their server is bad or anything as I said I only played from 1 to 10, but there's a reason why many people didn't give Molten's Cata server a chance, because Molten has a reputation of not being good.

I guess I'm saying don't put a lot of faith on these projects unless you have actually played on them.

And also, Mosotti's comment is very true in my opinion, playing on a 1xp rate server is a very time consuming thing, unless there's a radical difference in overall quality people will be hard pressed to actually abandon their characters, guild and friends and leave for another server.

I never played on K1 and K2 and that's why i thought i would check out other Twinstar projects, like you did.
I reached level 69 on TBC server and i encountered much more stuff that could use polishing (scripts etc). I was kind of disappointed but then i remembered that different teams are responsible for different servers. So all in all you can't compare Ares to Kronos, Artemis to Hyperion (etc.) becouse different people are working on it. :wink:

It's funny because people always say as a positive, that IT'S PART OF THE TWINSTAR PROJECT. The rest of the twinstar servers are mediocre at best (based on what people who played there say), and Kronos IS PART OF THE TWINSTAR PROJECT : )

Well I just watched the Nostalrius release trailer.
Its very well done. Though it doesnt give a true idea of the quality of the scripting, it can still hurt kronos quite a bit in my opinion.

I expect there are a decent amount of people looking to start on a fresh lv60 private server after all the facebook/media hype people have been posting and telling friends about.

Impatience gets the best of many people, its a fact. People will very likely swarm to nostalrius and before they know it they will be a high level and just not care to have to restart again when kronos comes online, they will learn to live with what they have, even if the scripting is not at the quality that we know kronos is.

Basically i'm just saying, it is definitely going to change the overall impact on the population kronos could have.

Just my 2 cents ^

Last edited:
It's funny because people always say as a positive, that IT'S PART OF THE TWINSTAR PROJECT. The rest of the twinstar servers are mediocre at best (based on what people who played there say), and Kronos IS PART OF THE TWINSTAR PROJECT : )

I see what you mean but as i said different teams are assigned to different servers and they have different goals. 7x rate TBC would focus on endgame instead of leveling stuff, while Kronos being 1x have to focus on basically everything.

I see that(Kronos being a part of that project) as a positive because they probably have more finances for DDOS protection and all that stuff.

My opinion:
close this thread, delete it, don't give a surface to let them go on balls by having no clue.

My opinion:
close this thread, delete it, don't give a surface to let them go on balls by having no clue.

I was thinking the same, but then this thread expresses this communitys concerns so I wouldn't close it.

And dig our heads in the sand?

I would too prefer to play on Kronos but in the end I'll play where my friends are going to play and where there is the most people to play with.

If they test Nos first and say they'll settle there no amount of me telling them the scripts here are picture-perfect will change their mind.

feenix is gonna be crying hard tho, the combined release of Kronos and Nos is gonna wreck their population.
Let's hope Nostalrius and Kronos will be the nail in the coffin for ED. It will be one of the best things. I am sure feenix are afraid.

Almost 5000 views on the nostalrius release trailer in under 24hours
pretty impressive number, but I bet a lot of those views were due to someone who posted the trailer info on the worldofcorecraft forums.

Looks like people will start play on there while waiting for corecraft to open too :S

From what I have seen at the last pages, there is no good in letting this thread continue. If you want to try Nos or even stay there, it is your choice, but I think it is too much to start digging a grave for Kronos right away as some of you imply in their posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom