• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Nerf Ironfoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fault those r14 warriors couldn't be bothered to research their own class bis? 5th grade math tell you how good IF is.

Last edited:
well, quite a few here rather prefer improving vanilla so i wouldnt be surprised if they nerfed ironfoe, like AV was nerfed or the LoS fixed or ...
It would be a very awkward improvement. LoS is a bit arguable decision, but it makes the world look more logical and is done ages ago. AV nerf was really demanded, so was Silithus sands nerf. Ironfoe nerf would kill the efforts of dozens of farmers, and it would be a very dicky move from a p-server that is excepted to be "stable" when it comes to Blizzlike proc/drop/w/e-rates. So I really don't see it happening. And definitely not with OP's reasoning :D

The situation is different and way more complicated if someone would found that Ironfoe is bugged. But if the value of 10% listed on https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=718 is correct...
The weapon does proc still pretty decently though you can still notice the difference at these levels compared to the Blinkstrikes proc rate. Onetime procs are pretty common and sometimes you get 2 procs in a row. So it seems it does proc of a proc. Ive also seen it proc 3 times in a row several times
from http://www.thottbot.com/item=11684/ironfoe#comments:id=189568 can't be considered a proof of 10% value, but I guess it has a proof behind.

Last edited:
I've yet to see one good reason Ironfoe should be as good as it is. I guess people really want to keep their crutch so they can continue to do sub-par damage.

Maybe I should've said "end game raid item".
Thunderfury takes a longer time to get than Ironfoe yet Ironfoe still outperforms it TPS-wise.
I really don't know how to respond to this.

- - - Updated - - -

Better than Might of Menethil by that logic, actually.

On a server where warriors do not generate rage from dodge/parries/blocks. Otherwise Alcor's would be BiS TPS, but it isnt and is surpassed in tps by retarded weapons like deathbringer.

- - - Updated - - -

I've yet to see one good reason Ironfoe should be as good as it is. I guess people really want to keep their crutch so they can continue to do sub-par damage.

did you miss http://www.thottbot.com/item=11684/i...ents:id=189568 ? Look at the posts in that thread, one guy comments that he even believes it procs off it self, which clearly it doesnt do here on kronos. Shit dont nerf ironfoe, plz buff to make it proc off it's on proc. PLZ

and here's another screen shot of an old combat log for ironfoe

http://s399.photobucket.com/user/ImUnicke/media/ProcsLog_1-29-09.jpg.html

If anything ironfoe is under tuned on Kronos since apparently it is suppose to be capable of proc'ing off HoJ and windfury.

Last edited:
There's no reason a level 55 weapon should be used over level 60 end game raid epics.

Also please remove the level 19 mage talent ignite, that lets you make more damage than any other class can do with level 60 spells.
And remove ressurection. It can bring DEAD people BACK TO LIFE!! Wtf!!!11!

There are so many different raid trinkets our there yet Hand of Justice, which drops from same boss in BRD, is one of the best you can obtain.

Item level is a weak argument against Ironfoe.

There are so many different raid trinkets our there yet Hand of Justice, which drops from same boss in BRD, is one of the best you can obtain.

Item level is a weak argument against Ironfoe.
What raid trinkets?
DFT is better.
Earthstrike is better.
Badge of the Swarmguard is better if there are ARP debuffs missing from boss.
Jom Gabbar is better.
Kiss of the Spider is better.
Mark of the Champion is better.
Hell, even DMC:M is better in some situations.
Keep in mind these trinkets were designed 10+ years ago, when bosses took minutes to die, and guilds rarely raided with world buffs. The reason HoJ is so good now is because it scales way harder than other trinkets. Even then, you need some good luck for HoJ to be any good.

Whereas Ironfoe is better than Gressil, a one hander that has more DPS than most 2 handers in the game. It also has the added benefit of dropping from the final boss in the game. I just don't see how you can defend an item from a 5 man being better than any other weapon in the game.

Last edited:
What raid trinkets?
DFT is better.
Earthstrike is better.
Badge of the Swarmguard is better if there are ARP debuffs missing from boss.
Jom Gabbar is better.
Kiss of the Spider is better.
Mark of the Champion is better.
Hell, even DMC:M is better in some situations.
Keep in mind these trinkets were designed 10+ years ago, when bosses took minutes to die, and guilds rarely raided with world buffs. The reason HoJ is so good now is because it scales way harder than other trinkets. Even then, you need some good luck for HoJ to be any good.

Whereas Ironfoe is better than Gressil, a one hander that has more DPS than most 2 handers in the game. I just don't see how you can defend it.

I just linked you a combat log of evidence showing its possibly UNDERTUNED if anything on this server. I'm sorry but I did over 500 runs for my ironfoe and I'm not ready to have it nerfed if you arent even gonna post supporting evidence other than "nerf this because it is better than xyz item which I think is harder to get".

While we're nerfing ironfoe lets go ahead and nerf bonereavers which every horde warrior is setting records with due to op windfury proc. Lets nerf windfury, proc's too much. Also nerf fearward, makes you too immune to fears.

Last edited:
I just linked you a combat log of evidence showing its possibly UNDERTUNED if anything on this server. I'm sorry but I did over 500 runs for my ironfoe and I'm not ready to have it nerfed if you arent even gonna post supporting evidence other than "nerf this because it is better than xyz item which I think is harder to get".

While we're nerfing ironfoe lets go ahead and nerf bonereavers which everyone horde warrior is setting records with due to op windfury proc. Lets nerf windfury, proc's too much. Also nerf fearward, makes you too immune to fears.
The top dps horde warriors don't even use Bonereaver's Edge, so you're wrong on that front.
I don't see how the argument against Windfury or Fear Ward is relevant at all in this thread.
If you're going to try and defend it, try to think before you post inane garbage.

The top dps horde warriors don't even use Bonereaver's Edge, so you're wrong on that front.
I don't see how the argument against Windfury or Fear Ward is relevant at all in this thread.
If you're going to try and defend it, try to think before you post inane garbage.

Plenty still use Bonereavers.

I think a weapon from the Emperor in BRD should be stronger than every other weapon in the game. Actually, no one thinks this. Why are you all pretending like it should? Yeah it is a fun weapon.

On feenix they had this thing where spell power scaled with certain items. Every melee was playing in Bloodvine and it was probably consistent with Vanilla wow, but it was stupid and didn't make sense. It didn't last long and the people who were playing in dresses were mad, but no one else cared b/c everyone knew even if blizzlike it was dumb.

I think a weapon from the Emperor in BRD should be stronger than every other weapon in the game. Actually, no one thinks this. Why are you all pretending like it should? Yeah it is a fun weapon.

On feenix they had this thing where spell power scaled with certain items. Every melee was playing in Bloodvine and it was probably consistent with Vanilla wow, but it was stupid and didn't make sense. It didn't last long and the people who were playing in dresses were mad, but no one else cared b/c everyone knew even if blizzlike it was dumb.
Pretty much exactly my point.

Is BRE not top weapon hordeside without world buffs? What beats it?
Currently top2 horde dpsers mileymagoo and ahlaundoh(orcs) uses blessed qiraji waraxe/deathbringer + crul.

Ahlaundoh has ironfoe aswell but chooses to use DB over it because of WF i think

I obtained Ironfoe on feenix, I think it had the old blizzlike droprate there.

I don't think Ironfoe needs to be nerfed. It's been really strong for a long time, and many people know that by now. I'd rather grind R14 than attempt Ironfoe at 0.6% dropchance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom