• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Nerf Ironfoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I obtained Ironfoe on feenix, I think it had the old blizzlike droprate there.

I don't think Ironfoe needs to be nerfed. It's been really strong for a long time, and many people know that by now. I'd rather grind R14 than attempt Ironfoe at 0.6% dropchance.
Feenix ironfoe was nerfed to 5% procrate instead of the 10% that its here , still it was as good/better then castigator on singletarget fights

There are a lot of items straight better then others with higher Ilvl, that' just happened back then when they were not as good with making items. Changing that now does not seem warranted unless we change a lot of other items as well and make a lot of later items better.

When you nerf ironfoe, another item will be strongest. Then, some day another ***** will come and say "wow, that item is so op, pls nerf it!!!". If this happens for an infinite amount of time, we will one day have weapons that deal no damage, because anyhing else would be too op.

Ironfoe and many other items are the reason why blizzard does not design items anymore that scale with your gear.
Vanilla, hi. Deal with it.

There are a lot of items straight better then others with higher Ilvl, that' just happened back then when they were not as good with making items. Changing that now does not seem warranted unless we change a lot of other items as well and make a lot of later items better.
Yeah, but nothing even comes close to how good Ironfoe is compared to its counterparts. Obviously there's going to be lower item level gear that's better itemized; it's like that in every version of the game. That being said, you're not going to see people in Naxx bis wearing any other pre-raid item, with the exception of Lionheart Helm

- - - Updated - - -

When you nerf ironfoe, another item will be strongest. Then, some day another ***** will come and say "wow, that item is so op, pls nerf it!!!". If this happens for an infinite amount of time, we will one day have weapons that deal no damage, because anyhing else would be too op.
I don't know if you're genuinely dumb or just a horrendous troll.

One day you'll ask for a Thunderfury nerf because people use it over The Hungering Cold yeah?
Thunderfury drops in a raid, which have weekly lockouts, and can easily take over a year to get. You can get Ironfoe in 2 days. Legendaries are "supposed" to be really good, anyway. Why are you acting like this is the same thing? This thread is chock full of false equivalences, and I really hope that if a dev somehow sees this that they don't have the same fallacious logic as you.

Thunderfury drops in a raid, which have weekly lockouts, and can easily take over a year to get. You can get Ironfoe in 2 days. Legendaries are "supposed" to be really good, anyway. Why are you acting like this is the same thing? This thread is chock full of false equivalences, and I really hope that if a dev somehow sees this that they don't have the same fallacious logic as you.

It doesn't matter how rare the item is. Thunderfury is not being used because it's ultra rare. It's used because of it's unique effect of slowing down the attack of enemies by 20%. This effect can't be reproduced in any way.

Incidentally, the reason why people use Ironfoe is because it has a unique component built into it which enables it to scale better with gear than any other weapon in the game.

I find it laughable that you cry about this thread being "chock" full of false equivalencies and then fail to realize why the item(s) is(are) good to begin with. You have no clue what you're talking about.

It doesn't matter how rare the item is. Thunderfury is not being used because it's ultra rare. It's used because of it's unique effect of slowing down the attack of enemies by 20%. This effect can't be reproduced in any way.

Incidentally, the reason why people use Ironfoe is because it has a unique component built into it which enables it to scale better with gear than any other weapon in the game.

I find it laughable that you cry about this thread being "chock" full of false equivalencies and then fail to realize why the item(s) is(are) good to begin with. You have no clue what you're talking about.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and judge by your dps as a rank 14 warrior that I know more about the game than you do. I haven't argued once in this thread about what makes Ironfoe or Thunderfury good, so I really don't know what you're on about.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and judge by your dps as a rank 14 warrior that I know more about the game than you do. I haven't argued once in this thread about what makes Ironfoe or Thunderfury good, so I really don't know what you're on about.
And that's coming from the guy who complains about others not arguing syllogistically. :wacko:

And that's coming from the guy who complains about others not arguing syllogistically. :wacko:
Thing is, you've come in this thread and have said nothing of substance or relevance, so I assume that's not your goal here at all, so I'll humor you instead. I said nerf Ironfoe, gave reasons, defended my thoughts. I don't even know what you've done here.

Thing is, you've come in this thread and have said nothing of substance or relevance, so I assume that's not your goal here at all, so I'll humor you instead. I said nerf Ironfoe, gave reasons, defended my thoughts. I don't even know what you've done here.

I could go into details and explain to you for a third time but I just won't since you're a hypocrite as I already pointed out earlier. Additionally I called you out on not understanding:

You have no clue what you're talking about.
and you admitted it yourself right afterwards:

I really don't know what you're on about.
Just read my posts you'll figure out what it is that I'm saying.

They should just nerf the game and make everyone happy.... or wait retail did that and look at it now...
This is also relevant.

And to throw in some spice: I was there during the server first C'Thun, where have you been?

And to throw in some spice: I was there during the server first C'Thun, where have you been?
I'll respond to this only, because I think you're a lost cause. I've been ahead of you on the damage meters in preraid bis with double the fight lengths, and the #1 DPS worldwide on hundreds of parses from Wrath (the inception of World of Logs) through WoD. You're some random shitter who struggles to compete at the top level on a server with 200 people while having the best gear and apparently being an omniscient God. How's that for spice?

but congrats on your server first c'thun lolz

Last edited:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn *****. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
Another one.

I don't know if you're genuinely dumb or just a horrendous troll.

The quote from me you used describes exactly what you do: You complain about a weapon, that is more powerful than others (maybe most powerful?! - I can't tell). Now what? According to your distorted logic it should be removed from the game because it makes (and now hold your breath, because the amount of people using it is so enormously high!!11!) ~40ish people who farmed it for an extremely long timespan stronger in PVE situations where you don't even take part? Wow! My butthurt-o-meter just exploded, because it saw what you wrote.

Also, what are your reasons you're talking about?

... I said nerf Ironfoe, gave reasons, defended my thoughts. I don't even know what you've done here.

Ah, it's here in the first post:

There's no reason a level 55 weapon should be used over level 60 end game raid epics.

"Best" reasons and chain of arguments I've ever seen in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom