• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Nerf Ironfoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about Ironfoe. I just find it fun to poke at people who whine about ridiculous shit. Then roll out the I am the best player therefore my opinion holds more weight than anyone elses card.

YOU ONLY BEAT ME ON DPS BECAUSE IRONFOE WAAAA CRUTCH WEAPON WAA I AM TRUE SKILL GAMER

Last edited:
I don't care about Ironfoe. I just find it fun to poke at people who whine about ridiculous shit.

YOU ONLY BEAT ME ON DPS BECAUSE IRONFOE WAAAA
I mean if you took 1 look at kronos-logs you'd see that me losing in dps clearly isn't the point of this thread.

Hey can we nerf Quick Strike Ring? You obtain it in the first raid and you can 20 man the bosses it drops from but it's slightly better than Ring of the Qiraji Fury and thats from arguably the hardest boss in AQ40.

What were they thinking?!"?!

- - - Updated - - -

I mean if you took 1 look at kronos-logs you'd see that me losing in dps clearly isn't the point of this thread.

Sick dude. Lemme just lube up my hand and I'll jack you right off.

Hey can we nerf Quick Strike Ring? You obtain it in the first raid and you can 20 man the bosses it drops from but it's slightly better than Ring of the Qiraji Fury and thats from arguably the hardest boss in AQ40.

What were they thinking?!"?!

- - - Updated - - -

Sick dude. Lemme just lube up my hand and I'll jack you right off.

whats the point of you posting if you're just going to say dumb shit like this you bait him into looking at the dps on kronos-logs then flame him lol

Can we just nerf everything already. Force player to run naked in bg's and raids, remove all world buffs and flask. Thank you.

and as a final nerf: ban all players, because they influence the respawn behaviour of mobs / herbs / ores ... in wow, which is highly imbalanced and unfair.

and as a final nerf: ban all players, because they influence the respawn behaviour of mobs / herbs / ores ... in wow, which is highly imbalanced and unfair.

u realize ur talkin to urself in this thread right no ones replying to u cause ur an imbecile 8)

Every 60 Warrior by now knows about Ironfoe, even level 54's can acquire it. Matter of fact, one of my guildies on another project got it while leveling, he could use it only after he leveled. The #1 DPS on this server is a Warrior, and he is the one that made this thread, the legitimacy of the suggestion is present and it requires more than a kneejerk reaction.

People claiming it is not legitimate because Ahl already has an Ironfoe therefore can't get more weapons in raid are in error. Look his character up, he is only missing 1 weapon and that is a side-grade. He has all the available BiS weapons that has dropped for the guild pretty much, as does Miley. Even for Horde with WF totem, Sulfuras, the "legendary", is weaker than Ironfoe. Ask Miley.

There was someone who posted Feenix nerfing Spell-Dmg scaling items forcing "Fire Rogue" itemization n consumables, this is a fine example. Some rogues on Feenix enjoyed being OP Fire Rogues, does not mean they have the right to want that to be the norm of the endgame.

In the end, the developers have to ask themselves what is better for the community. A level 54 player acquiring by RNG (and not raid-effort) a weapon stronger than many active endgame raiding players should not be considered a fair progression path for players for the community, especially the rarity of the item because it forces anyone who wants to compete on the meters to have to do hundreds of BRDs (more pug players than guildies surely).

Example: Legion & Legendary world drops instead of raids. This is the logic of Ironfoe.

Edit:

I'd like to point out the raiding goal of players. Some players raid just for community and progression, I would argue most raid for community, progression and more power. Cheapening the itemization experience, for weapons especially as that influences power most per slot for warriors, only makes the experience worse for the players in the long-run as it takes away the rewarding experience of attaining, or looking forward to attaining a more powerful weapon - in current or future content.

Last edited:
Every 60 Warrior by now knows about Ironfoe, even level 54's can acquire it. Matter of fact, one of my guildies on another project got it while leveling, he could use it only after he leveled. The #1 DPS on this server is a Warrior, and he is the one that made this thread, the legitimacy of the suggestion is present and it requires more than a kneejerk reaction.

People claiming it is not legitimate because Ahl already has an Ironfoe therefore can't get more weapons in raid are in error. Look his character up, he is only missing 1 weapon and that is a side-grade. He has all the available BiS weapons that has dropped for the guild pretty much, as does Miley. Even for Horde with WF totem, Sulfuras, the "legendary", is weaker than Ironfoe. Ask Miley.

There was someone who posted Feenix nerfing Spell-Dmg scaling items forcing "Fire Rogue" itemization n consumables, this is a fine example. Some rogues on Feenix enjoyed being OP Fire Rogues, does not mean they have the right to want that to be the norm of the endgame.

In the end, the developers have to ask themselves what is better for the community. A level 54 player acquiring by RNG (and not raid-effort) a weapon stronger than many active endgame raiding players should not be considered a fair progression path for players for the community, especially the rarity of the item because it forces anyone who wants to compete on the meters to have to do hundreds of BRDs (more pug players than guildies surely).

Example: Legion & Legendary world drops instead of raids. This is the logic of Ironfoe.

Edit:

I'd like to point out the raiding goal of players. Some players raid just for community and progression, I would argue most raid for community, progression and more power. Cheapening the itemization experience, for weapons especially as that influences power most per slot for warriors, only makes the experience worse for the players in the long-run as it takes away the rewarding experience of attaining, or looking forward to attaining a more powerful weapon - in current or future content.

Nobody is raiding a 10 year old game for 'progression and more power' as you put it. Progression for vanillia died in 2006 when TBC was launched. I raid to set records on realm players/kronos logs and basically to compare myself against the other high dps in my own raid. Nerfing any weapon because you believe it gives an unfair advantage is probably the stupidest argument I have heard on these forums. Particularly a weapon that at least anyone can farm, Ironfoe isnt held behind a weekly lockout, if you're disappointed with your dps you can go farm one.

All you people saying nerf iron foe sound like a bunch of whining cry babies. After they nerf ironfoe it will be a thread "nerf sword skill, maldath never drops." "nerf orc warriors, they do too much dps!!!"

Nobody is raiding a 10 year old game for 'progression and more power' as you put it. Progression for vanillia died in 2006 when TBC was launched. I raid to set records on realm players/kronos logs and basically to compare myself against the other high dps in my own raid. Nerfing any weapon because you believe it gives an unfair advantage is probably the stupidest argument I have heard on these forums. Particularly a weapon that at least anyone can farm, Ironfoe isnt held behind a weekly lockout, if you're disappointed with your dps you can go farm one.

All you people saying nerf iron foe sound like a bunch of whining cry babies. After they nerf ironfoe it will be a thread "nerf sword skill, maldath never drops." "nerf orc warriors, they do too much dps!!!"

are you actually that stupid or did you mistype or something? that's literally the reason that you DO nerf things.

once again, a lv 55 weapon should be not be better than the ultimate lv 60 raid weapon, no matter how "hard" the lv 55 weapon is to obtain.

It's not the norm. You don't need Ironfoe to top the meters.

Same answer. You don't need Ironfoe.

the point is that not having ironfoe puts you at a disadvantage against people that have it

It would be a very awkward improvement. LoS is a bit arguable decision, but it makes the world look more logical and is done ages ago. AV nerf was really demanded, so was Silithus sands nerf. Ironfoe nerf would kill the efforts of dozens of farmers, and it would be a very dicky move from a p-server that is excepted to be "stable" when it comes to Blizzlike proc/drop/w/e-rates. So I really don't see it happening. And definitely not with OP's reasoning :D

The situation is different and way more complicated if someone would found that Ironfoe is bugged. But if the value of 10% listed on https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=718 is correct... from http://www.thottbot.com/item=11684/ironfoe#comments:id=189568 can't be considered a proof of 10% value, but I guess it has a proof behind.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071111014919/http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=11684

scroll down to the comments by Ryotu from 2006 (patch 1.11)
He does some testing, 2.7% probably isn't quite right but at the same time it doesn't seem plausible that the weapon should have a 10% proc rate

are these ppl having a serious discussion in a troll thread?

The worst thing about this thread is that it's serious.

Please nerf Quick Strike Ring. It's outrageous how such a powerful item, that is better than a Viscidus drop, is obtainable from multiple bosses in the first raid tier. What were they thinking? :mad2:

I guess this is part of how vanilla WoW is. Ironfoe is not the only non-raid item which has such an impact even in late game raids. Some other examples off the top of my head:

- Hide of the Wild: extremely easy to get, only gets replaced by C'thun (3rd highest item lvl boss in game) cape (and arguably BWL cape)
- Wolfshead Helm: BiS for feral dps, lvl 40 craftable
- Core Hound Belt: arguably BiS forever except maybe C'thun belt (yeah I know mats are from raid)
- Savage Gladiator Chain: afaik only gets replaced by BWL bulwark if fully wbuffed and then gets replaced by AQ and Naxx gear
- Manual Crowd Pummeler: heard it's BiS for feral dps, lvl 29 frequent drop
- Diamond Flask: class q

There may be more, I don't know. You get the idea.

My point is, where do we draw the line?

This thread is really pointless... the staff said many times that they are not going to modify core mechanics of the game :yawn:

This thread is really pointless... the staff said many times that they are not going to modify core mechanics of the game :yawn:

Yet they change warlock summon to 45, implemented a ICD on wf (which got reverted thank god) and introduced d2 set way too early. YE, "not going to modify core mechanics of the game" my ass.

Yet they change warlock summon to 45 ... and introduced d2 set way too early.

1. The level required to summon a lvl 60 by a lower level warlock is not something that actually impacted the game back then, because of the payment restriction of multiple accounts, so this change was really well justified here. This has been discussed so many times I will not continue arguing on this topic.
2. It is impossible to reproduce the old patch progression on a vanilla server, there is no realiable source of how all the items and mechanics exactly were back then. That's why they introduced the d2 set when they estimated it was a good time.

None of those are truly core mechanics.

implemented a ICD on wf (which got reverted thank god)

This one was a core mechanic, they probably changed it in the first place because some one presented evidence that it worked that way, but probably realized that it was evidence from a wrong patch or something and fixed it again according to correct evidence.

I guess this is part of how vanilla WoW is. Ironfoe is not the only non-raid item which has such an impact even in late game raids. Some other examples off the top of my head:

- Hide of the Wild: extremely easy to get, only gets replaced by C'thun (3rd highest item lvl boss in game) cape (and arguably BWL cape)
- Wolfshead Helm: BiS for feral dps, lvl 40 craftable
- Core Hound Belt: arguably BiS forever except maybe C'thun belt (yeah I know mats are from raid)
- Savage Gladiator Chain: afaik only gets replaced by BWL bulwark if fully wbuffed and then gets replaced by AQ and Naxx gear
- Manual Crowd Pummeler: heard it's BiS for feral dps, lvl 29 frequent drop
- Diamond Flask: class q

There may be more, I don't know. You get the idea.

My point is, where do we draw the line?

i mean all that shit is absolutely broken and should be nerfed.

glad you enjoyed my 100% factual statement enough to put it in your signature

1. The level required to summon a lvl 60 by a lower level warlock is not something that actually impacted the game back then, because of the payment restriction of multiple accounts, so this change was really well justified here. This has been discussed so many times I will not continue arguing on this topic.
2. It is impossible to reproduce the old patch progression on a vanilla server, there is no realiable source of how all the items and mechanics exactly were back then. That's why they introduced the d2 set when they estimated it was a good time.

None of those are truly core mechanics.

This one was a core mechanic, they probably changed it in the first place because some one presented evidence that it worked that way, but probably realized that it was evidence from a wrong patch or something and fixed it again according to correct evidence.

yeah dude.

30min wait to be able to attack world bosses when they spawn

dynamic spawns

tons of new black lotus spawns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom