• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Ptr PvP

Interested/coming this Saturday?

• Sounds good man

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Yea, deffo be there this Saturday

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters

dms

Authorized

[FONT=&amp]Hi,[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Been recently thinking about this idea of having some organized WSG games on the PTR. I feel like there's definitely some interest within our community and outside as well, but there's often trouble finding enough players for both factions. And I'm sure ppl have friends who dont have chars on Kronos but would enjoy good scripted (charge, melee leeway, procs, etc. LUL) vanilla group pvp without a toxic community (I'm referring to one instant 60 server here mostly).[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The PTR would act as an excellent platform for games due to several reasons:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]-everyone able to create equally geared chars without retarded naxx gear or faction dependencies.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]-no pugs playing means no wasted games or que time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]-option to limit gear for more interesting games[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]-all possible trinkets/gadgets/consumes available for everyone.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]I'm not really sure if the PTR has any limitations regarding max amount of players online or are the battleground ques working, but as far as I understand it should all be ok. The only downside I see here that it takes some time and effort to organize, which I really don't have the energy for to do myself. I am more than willing to help with it as much as I can though. I've discussed this with one youtube-video-making warrior on discord and was thinking if there's anyone else here who would be willing to help with the organizing part.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]For now I am hoping we could get 20 ppl this Saturday 17.06.17 around 17-23 server time maybe? To play and test how this works out. I understand that this is a fairly short notice and prolly not the best day since it's summer and some ppl actually wanna do something else on a Saturday night, but there's always some issue for someone on every day.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
If you are interested vote on the poll and spread the message to your Kronos and non-Kronos friends. Would be nice to see this spread and grow which will obviously take a while. If all goes well I hope we can build this and have some fun on the PTR while it lasts. If you are interested in anyway you can contact me here or on Kronos discord @dms if you wanna say/ask something.

Cheers

Last edited:
I'm down for this and so is everyone from our guild, we often talk about this. Some PTR games with R10/MC/ZG/Onyxia gear would be great and we could switch factions even for some of them.

We would just have to set some rules in regards of consumables, what's allowed and what's not. I can see people going crazy with flasks and all possible spell power, AP/crit and protection consumable they can get 24/7, which is not the case on live server. Also Arcane Bombs and similar shit. That would kinda ruin the whole idea of downgeared games.

Also, as Khrey pointed out, we would need people to be fair when it comes down to some specific and unique (mostly quest) items like Violet Targan, Light of Elune, Blasted Lands buffs, Zanzas, Moist Towelettes etc., etc. Spawning those over and over again mid-game would be something else :D

As far as consumables go, I would allow just Health, Mana, Swiftness pots, FAPs, Noggenfogger, Bandages, Iron Grenades and First Aid Anti-Venom and ban everything else. Sure ok if someone wanna use 1 Violet Targan per game but then hes not allowed to use Noggenfogger and vice-versa. Also gotta pay attention to some things like Uldaman CC helmet being used only by Horde warriors, no AQ enchants and books, etc.

That being said, I think we could get our team ready for this rather easily. Just assemble the team and write here date and time and we could get this going, shouldn't be hard. I already have my R10/ZG/MC/Ony geared characters for this on PTR, it took only like 15 minutes per char to get it ready.

PS: I wrote already that we can switch factions for some games, but if there is some team that wanna play exclusively one side, we can play whichever faction whole time and switch if needed.

I'm not sure if I'll be there this weekend, but I'm definitely up for games with any rules in case they do happen.

Pref horde pri )

Edit: I'm also up for doing some due... testing on the PTR whenever, you can log the PTR and live realm at the same time so perhaps we could build a Durotar community Kronos has been missing on there. Although admittedly dueling can get a bit frustrating on this realm with the positioning/ability range/delay etc bugs, but it could be fun now and then.

Last edited:
Reactions: dms
The rules Sarei laid would be the most appealing to me, down to play with any rules however.

These can all be agreed upon once we have enough regular interest for this. My great wish for this would be to have multiple organized teams competing against eachother, maybe even some kind of league/tournament format.

That is pretty far away somewhere in the future maybe, for now getting 20 people together to be able to form 2 teams would be great. If you cant make it this Saturday try to communicate somewhere which day/days would suit you the best so we can arrange new dates.

This sounds nice. We can certainly give it a try.

I suggest we spend some time to create some toons (preferably on both factions) beforehand in order to be ready for the games.

You could make some crazy games like 10 pom/pyro mages vs 10 pom/pyro mages, or 10 hunters vs 10 hunters.... or 10 paladins vs 10 shamans! Or even better... 10 gnomes vs 10 taurens, hmmm...

Any command to skill engineering up fast, so you dont have to skill it manually?

Quick start guide for ptr character creation:

-Create a char and make a copy of the character's wtf folder that you wish to you have your ui/addons setup by
.levelup 60
.mod money 100000000 (for skills/spells which you have to manually learn at a trainer)
-go to http://db.vanillagaming.org/ or https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/ search for the items you want to add to your char
.additem 12345 to add it, the numbers are the last digits in the URL. You can do .additem 12345 5 to add 5 of those items at once
-for enchants I dont know another way than to learn it and go to uldaman for 225 upwards add the mats to your inventory and enchant your items, or you could get a friend to do it.
-you will have to learn new weapons at weaponmasters and professions/riding skill at trainers as well. Professions will skill up instantly though when you learn them but you have to do it separately for apprentice/expert/artisan
-use command .tele to teleport anywhere in the world f.ex .tele orgrimmar or .tele ironforge
.goname "playername" to teleport to that player's location
.commands for more info

I suggest you create chars for both factions just in case, its about 15mins per char as Sarei said.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Are we allowing enchants?, If yes, i assume we ban enchants that came with AQ?

Preliminary list, subject to discussion and change.

-R10/zg/mc/ony/dungeon/pvp rep rewards allowed.
-World bosses/aq20/bwl and upwards Banned
-Sili quest rewards earthstrike/rockfury are banned
-cap of the scarlet savant etc craftables allowed
-windstone bosses are allowed

Aq enchants banned y imo, class books allowed cos impossible to track use. ZG enchants allowed.

Potions allowed: major health, major mana, swiftness. As far as fap/lap I feel that one of them should be allowed and lap is arguably alot stronger, but I feel that it would be better to ban fap and allow lap, because everyone spamming fap on cd would just be a clown fiesta, lap also creates some more finesse.
-no flasks,wizard oils, lips, other consumes
Edit:
-after some discussion the suggestion is: hp/mana/swiftness/lap/invis/noggenfogger allowed, all other pots banned.

Iron grenades,sapper charges and engi/other profession/offhands/trinkets/gadgets equippable items are good to go, arcane bomb/thorium grenade/flash bomb banned.

Bandages allowed, i feel anti-venom with 1min cd is too strong against viper and crippling, dunno how others feel about this.
Edit:
Antivenom banned

There's also a huge list of quest reward/world drop items that are banned moist towelette etc. I hope everyone can use some common sense on this.

Last edited:
Dms wrote most of it already, but I`ll post this anyway since I had it saved as a Notepad file, it's a bit more tidy X)

Discussed rules with Dms these past days a bit and we came down to this so far. Figured to post it here so everyone knows what's allowed and what's not and I can edit the post if something turns out to be a subject to change.

Allowed:

- MC/ZG/Onyxia/R10/Dungeons, Silithus Windstones gear, PvP reputation rewards and craftable stuff
- All engineering gadgets, same as world stuff like Skull, Tidal, Nifty, Medicine Poach etc.
- Major Mana and Health potions, Swiftness potions, LAPs, Iron Grenades, Sapper Charges, Bandages, Noggenfoggers, Invisibility Potions, Dark/Demonic Runes
- All normal enchants, as well as ZG and Libram enchants
- AQ20 books since it's impossible to track this and some people would cheat for sure

Banned:

- All gear that has anything to do with AQ20/AQ40/BWL/NAXX/R12-14/World bosses/Silithus epic quest (Rockfury, Earthstrike etc.)
- Legendaries aka Sulfuras and Thunderfury
- All flasks, SP/AP/crit consumables, Oils, FAPs, LiPs, Protection potions, Elixir of posion resistance, Powerful Anti-Venoms etc., basically everything that's not allowed in a section above.
- Magic Dust and Large Ropes
- Thorium Grenades, only Iron allowed. Flash bombs banned also
- All quest consumables except Noggenfoggers aka Zanzas, Blasted Lands buffs, Light of Elune, Moist Towellettes etc., you get the idea
- AQ enchants as well as Naxx sholders enchant

P.S.: We wanted to get some games with pre-BWL gear going where players' skill and teamplay determine outcome more often then ability to oneshot the enemy. If gear limits are subject to change, gear your characters accordingly, but everything else remains the same.

Edit 1: After some complaints about Anti-venoms being allowed, that is now banned as well.
Edit 2: After complaint about Violet Targan by people who use it regularly on live, came down to a conclusion to allow 1 Violet Targan per game, but if you are going to use it then you can't use Noggenfoggers. Hopefully we can trust people to only use that 1 and not spawn it over and over again.
Edit 3: Dark/Demonic runes added

Last edited:
Top Bottom