• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

"There will be an announcement on sunday...you're going to like it" -Dev today

Ancient

For those who missed it, from other thread, a dev posted

"There will be an announcement on sunday I am pretty sure you are going to like it."

Server launch before nost?

Re: "There will be an announcement on sunday...you're going to like it" -Dev tod

b3f0cb4d.jpg

Re: "There will be an announcement on sunday...you're going to like it" -Dev tod

nope. They just know they have to do something before they are beaten.

<3 our devs, keep it up

Last edited:

nope. They just know they have to do something before they are beaten.

Beaten? Has this suddenly turned into a game? Why can't it be seen as awesome that two quality private servers will be releasing. Why is that so difficult...and why does it have to be a contest...this will only improve the vanilla experience as a whole and make the vanilla experience better....which can only bring in more fresh blood. These types of post just sour the vanilla community.

Beaten? Has this suddenly turned into a game? Why can't it be seen as awesome that two quality private servers will be releasing. Why is that so difficult...and why does it have to be a contest...this will only improve the vanilla experience as a whole and make the vanilla experience better....which can only bring in more fresh blood. These types of post just sour the vanilla community.

jesus, all this left wing bullcrap.
it is a competition, 2 servers, 1 playerbase, some will get a bigger part of the cake, and some will be left with less, these kind of servers usually get shut down because of no playerbase.

Wake up brother,

2 servers, 1 community. The vanilla community. The fact that 2 quality (or so the dev teams say) servers are releasing can only bring more new blood to the scene. So what if that means people get a choice? By limiting your view to such a black and white scene you fail to see the positives in life.

If there was just a pool of 500 players. Thats it, then I would have agreed with you. But that community isn't like that, people play on multiple servers, people switch servers constantly, new players arrive on the scene and vets retire from it. To blindly assume that there will be a make all be all server and that will forever split the players base is too black and white for something like an ever-evolving community.

Why do you think companies spend so much on advertising? They are reaching for new markets, trying to attract or inform people that they exist, whilst showing off their product. Always attracting new blood to their products. Take the PS4 and Xbox1 for example. The gaming community already know they exist. Anyone with even the slightest clue, thanks to word of mouth and journalism, has heard about these systems. Anyone who cares can simply type into google "PS4 vs Xbox" to see which one they prefer, So why spend millions on TV adverts and the like? Yes there are many reasons but the main one is to attract new blood into the console market. Ultimately these new bloods will have to choose...but you know what? Suddenly the population of the console community has risen.

This will be the same effect on the vanilla community, when both servers are released (if they are both decent, who knows for now).

Last edited:

guys i dont rly understand.. let em go, let em try Nos.. they will crawl back and we will pwn their asses :devil::devil::devil:

guys i dont rly understand.. let em go, let em try Nos.. they will crawl back and we will pwn their asses :devil::devil::devil:

Who is them? and who is we?
its all the same playerbase, and no one will crawl, merely change realmist, and you wont pwn anyone's ass, you will just heal them in dungeons

wake up son

Looking forward to the announcement! :smile:

My bet would be, that it's either a date for the open beta test or the release date. If it turns out to be a date for open beta, we'll still have an idea about when the release date will be, since a staff member stated that if an open beta test should be held, it would be held close to the release date :biggrin:

Last edited:

I'm sure it will be just as informative as their previous "info post".

Lets hope not, or it will create a lot of disappointment.

It's a good thing they realized letting the competition release in peace would be bad for the server, as they might sway over a large deal of 'undecided' population. I am hoping we see Kronos release sooner, since most players will test it first then, and if satisfied, will stay here, aka win-win situation.

Only problem is.. we had no opportunity to test Kronos, it might end up being broken compared to Nost we already tested, which turned out to be pretty good on all fields.

Last edited:

To quote yourself from an earlier post
"And how in the hell would you know that?"

Edit: look man, as someone who bashes on people for assuming this server will be good, you do an awful lot of assuming this server will be bad.

Only problem is.. we had no opportunity to test Kronos, it might end up being broken compared to Nost we already tested, which turned out to be pretty good on all fields.

Good test made my day. That Server is just another wannabe we are 100%blizzlike we don't lie to you guys :innocent: .

If you want to test why you dont pop on irc and spam chero for test account :O? took like few day for get one

If you want to test why you dont pop on irc and spam chero for test account :O? took like few day for get one

Was told to make app, sent it, never got reply back :sad:

acts like nostalrius will just blow away like a fart in the wind. Naive

Because... reasons?

why is that naive? Just because the scripting of Kronos is better doesnt mean Nostalrius is bound to fail. People act like Nost is a shit server, when in reality it poses a huge threat to Kronos. Someone on the front page said it best, left wing thoughts will ruin Kronos. It is a competition whether people believe it or not.

Top Bottom