• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

"There will be an announcement on sunday...you're going to like it" -Dev today

Re: "There will be an announcement on sunday...you're going to like it" -Dev tod

With the "small" difference that Kronos won't remove mobs for the fear of bugs or non-existant mob AI.

Re: "There will be an announcement on sunday...you're going to like it" -Dev tod

With the "small" difference that Kronos won't remove mobs for the fear of bugs or non-existant mob AI.

Sometimes I think you are a smart guy, but sometimes you seem like a smart guy trying to brainwash the stupid ones. You are a tester, you surely know the difference between an open beta and a targeted test session. And don't come with the ignorant stuff that I'm a nos fanboy or toxic or whatever. Sometimes what you're doing is plain wrong.

Sometimes I think you are a smart guy, but sometimes you seem like a smart guy trying to brainwash the stupid ones. You are a tester, you surely know the difference between an open beta and a targeted test session. And don't come with the ignorant stuff that I'm a nos fanboy or toxic or whatever. Sometimes what you're doing is plain wrong.

Lharts simply pointed out a true fact. I don't see the controversy.

Don't take him too seriously, he has become a bit too zealous about Kronos :biggrin:

The controversy, if you can call it that, is that, considering he was replying to a statement that the community will have the chance to test both servers, his "true fact" was quite irrelevant. The community WILL have the chance to test both servers as I highly doubt that the other one will launch with mobs despawned. People will test Kronos on 27th, the competition on 28th and make the choice just like Struckd said.

Some amount of restraint from both sides would probably not hurt though.

Hopefully less than one day before the Nostalrius release is enough time for the fence sitters to see a difference.

There is a huge difference in starting out with lvl 1 and beeing able to "sort of" test things then beeing able to SEE IT ALL.

And szabinger, you know full well what I implied. Correct me if I am wrong, but if someone asks me to test their server and then removes mobs from the game without any apparent reason I get a tad bit suspicious.

The only irrelevant thing here is your statement goris. If you haven't played on both servers just stfu. Sorry that I am unable to see how people still support Nostalrius after their tests... I mean come on.

Last edited by a moderator:

While sometimes Lharts does say some things that are hard to take seriously, he hasn't really been wrong in anything I've seen and I am with him on this one. If I'm testing a server and they remove mobs...it's weird. Why did they remove them? Did they remove them because there's no specific AI for that mob? Do they do something weird like run off away from the group when they're pulled? (I've seen this on Feenix with bosses....so strange sometimes) It raises more questions than it answers.

Hopefully less than one day before the Nostalrius release is enough time for the fence sitters to see a difference.

That's the plan I guess. Hope it'll work too:)

also, I think with the GM commands enabled, people won't test for much longer than a day anyway. Typically they rush in, goof around for a few hours and then they get bored because it's not real enough. Granted, the immersion lovers&blizzlike fanatics may refuse to use commands, but those are the people who should be able to spot enough differences in a few hours.

(Disclaimer: before any of the 2 or 3 non-believers start bashing me for assuming there will be massive differences while having no proof... I may not be talking strictly about the N server here:p Read, breathe and move on)

warning, generally not a nice post. Look at this beautiful flower instead
[img2=300]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_u0QHeA4PfIo/TJAvx5JOzAI/AAAAAAAAAC4/vrGRT1nsc08/s1600/prettiest%20flower.jpg[/img2]

and don't ruin your mood by clicking on the
There is a huge difference in starting out with lvl 1 and beeing able to "sort of" test things then beeing able to SEE IT ALL.

And szabinger, you know full well what I implied. Correct me if I am wrong, but if someone asks me to test their server and then removes mobs from the game without any apparent reason I get a tad bit suspicious.

The only irrelevant thing here is your statement goris. If you haven't played on both servers just stfu. Sorry that I am unable to see how people still support Nostalrius after their tests... I mean come on.

inb4 toxic. Thats fucking right you ignorant hypocrites

yeah you have a point with the high level stuff. And yes, removing NPC does seem weird, pointless and counterproductive. Irrelevant may have been too strong of a word, I like your civillised method of correcting me.
But you see, in these internet disputes, I tend not to believe everything the loudest warriors say. If I did that, I'd think Kronos was a pay2win funserver with no devs and no international community hosted in Russia. The loudest Nos trashtalkers are simply not right and, while I don't mean to offend you, you seem to me as the loudest Kronos trashtalker... Hope you see where I'm going with this. There are many people, more polite people I may add, who claim a lot of issues were fixed there. I don't know who's right and I dare to say that you can't possibly know that either. And I won't make the mistake of underestimating an "opponent".
I believe some of the test realm stories. You could even say that I believe most of them. What I won't believe, is that that realm is utter shit, just because the guy saying it said it more times than others. Better put, that the realm is such utter shit that the whole community will realise it and come flocking back here in droves.

PS: And no, there was no "only Nos testers allowed" sign when I joined these forums, or this topic for that matter. So I won't just shut the fuck up.

edit: yeah THAT really helped get your point across. :clap:

Last edited:
Top Bottom