• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

"There will be an announcement on sunday...you're going to like it" -Dev today

Re: "There will be an announcement on sunday...you're going to like it" -Dev tod

f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5
stewiebeingscared.gif

Re: Announcement today

Kinda low. You can't build a good server with 300 people.

You do realise that a fraction of any player base visits forums. I don't know the exact estimation, but having 300 people on a forum of a game/server that has yet to be released (in this kind of niche market (vanilla private servers are as niche as you can get)) is phenomenal. I am pretty certain we come close to Feenix forum activeness and they already have a large online population.

Re: "There will be an announcement on sunday...you're going to like it" -Dev tod

[video]http://www.ohmagif.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/hello-there-im-still-waiting.gif[/video]

cmon! :lol:

Ill say it again. Vanilla Private Server scene if a niche corner of the wow universe. Compared to the popularity of TBC, WotLK and Cata, 300 is high.

Who cares about IRC :S

I have to admit, 450 members on IRC is more impressive then that number on a forum.

Ill say it again. Vanilla Private Server scene if a niche corner of the wow universe. Compared to the popularity of TBC, WotLK and Cata, 300 is high.

I have to admit, 450 members on IRC is more impressive then that number on a forum.

Dunno man, IRC is such an oldsql thing, I barely know anyone that still uses it.

Edit: WTF PLEASE RITO GIVE US THAT CANDY U PROMISED

On other twinstar realms majority of players dont know that some forum even exists.

Dunno man, IRC is such an oldsql thing, I barely know anyone that still uses it.

Edit: WTF PLEASE RITO GIVE US THAT CANDY U PROMISED

Isn't that why its an impressive thing? If few people still use it...450 of those few people where on it that day. Thats impressive.

Darn, I was hoping for a twenty-eigth release, but I suppose the open beta could convince people to wait a little while longer for Kronos. I'm pretty sure that Nostralius will still secure a handful of Kronos players who just want to play vanilla WoW as soon as possible, but I guess it can't be helped.

Oneshotted by hype :wub:

Greetings.
Time to join the Hype!
Cheeers!!!

Last edited:

Darn, I was hoping for a twenty-eigth release, but I suppose the open beta could convince people to wait a little while longer for Kronos. I'm pretty sure that Nostralius will still secure a handful of Kronos players who just want to play vanilla WoW as soon as possible, but I guess it can't be helped.

"Watch out for the announcement of Kronos’ official launch date during the upcoming week!" Is pretty promising too tho. :eek:)

Last edited:

"Watch out for the announcement of Kronos’ official launch date during the upcoming week!" Is pretty promosing too tho. :eek:)

I know, I know. I'm sure that most of the community can agree that Kronos has better scripting, (I'm saying that as someone who has seen both servers), so if both servers released on the same day most will head straight for Kronos. The problem is that there are players who have been waiting for a proper private server for so long, they'll take just about anything -- and I doubt they'll release the server a day after the beta test -- if they did though; fan-fucking-tastic!

Kronos. What else..?
A Kronos and Nostalrius merger...Kronolrius.

Imo, I really hope they give a release date/release the server asap, it's the best thing they can do and continue developing it (releasing patchnotes) on the side of it. m2c.
Open beta is the best option if those numbers are accurate. It's a shame they didn't put more priority on finishing the pre-60 5-mans, but it is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't know how low level dungeons look like now, but I have done Scholomance many times and it seemed flawless even though it's 90% on progress bar, so 80-90% on low level dungeons should mean that they are nearly flawless as well.

the players will at least get a chance to make their own impression on how far the dungeons are done.
In some cases you may be surprised and you would have rated the dungeon higher than we did. You can make your own impression now and that's probably more important than any estimation someone else could give you.

That is going to be the biggest factor. Everyone is shouting 'snipe'...which is true in a sense...but in reality the Kronos team has just given the vanilla community the ability to test both servers for themselves and make their own choice.

Top Bottom