• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

"There will be an announcement on sunday...you're going to like it" -Dev today

Re: "There will be an announcement on sunday...you're going to like it" -Dev tod

why is that naive? Just because the scripting of Kronos is better doesnt mean Nostalrius is bound to fail. People act like Nost is a shit server, when in reality it poses a huge threat to Kronos. Someone on the front page said it best, left wing thoughts will ruin Kronos. It is a competition whether people believe it or not.

Nos is just being opportunistic. That is their only card. No one would have this discussion on Nos forums if Kronos would've been released first. Nos would've been abandoned in a heartbeat.

Re: "There will be an announcement on sunday...you're going to like it" -Dev tod

Conclusion, in March I will be playing either on open beta (kronos) or live (nos)
All in all, a win-win situation for the vanilla player.
Nuff said now qft ^^

Nos is just being opportunistic. That is their only card. No one would have this discussion on Nos forums if Kronos would've been released first. Nos would've been abandoned in a heartbeat.
QFT

Its their last straw.
Funny to see how everyone is ugring, or speculating, that Kronos should launch before or with them...

Nah, I think everyone underestimating Nost is a mistake. Ill say it again, Everyone is set on believing that its going to blow away like a fart in the wind. You cant just wish something away.

Just check the recent posts... All the negativity right now comes either from players who joined here very late or have just very few posts. Sorry if this sounds rude, but I misbelieve their opinion represents a "major" part of the vanilla community.

Nah, I think everyone underestimating Nost is a mistake. Ill say it again, Everyone is set on believing that its going to blow away like a fart in the wind. You cant just wish something away.

It isn't about wishing. It's nature's law. Beautiful but ruthless in its way. :wink:

Nos is banging its head on the wall with the same recipe all the other clone servers have launched. Out of all the failed servers why would Nos be any different? What makes them special? Besides the free publicity they've received from people waiting for Kronos. I made a lengthy post on one of those locked threads explaining why Nos is a fart if you are interested, not gonna spam it here. Nos is just now the Kony 2012 of our circles.

An announcement?! I'm so excited!!!:wub:

why is that naive? Just because the scripting of Kronos is better doesnt mean Nostalrius is bound to fail. People act like Nost is a shit server, when in reality it poses a huge threat to Kronos. Someone on the front page said it best, left wing thoughts will ruin Kronos. It is a competition whether people believe it or not.

While I agree on your second point. This whole farce should be looked at in a 'left wing' manner. I wish it was as black and white as 'a will equal b' but that isn't the case and it much more complex. This entire dramatization will not be sorted by a single server or a launch date.

I agree that the release of Nos could have a negative impact on the population of Kronos in the short term, and it shouldn't be taken lightly. However, I am hoping they pull off their claims of releasing a quality server, because in the long run it will be better for the vanilla community and ultimately Kronos.

Last edited:

If you look at Nos announcement for their release it says loot tables are incorrect.

The number 1 reeason I kill something is broken?!

But hey, the mob ran up to me correctly....

Reading about the announcement for next sunday suddenly I feel 10 years younger just like when Blizzard opened in rare occasions new servers back in vanilla (damn how did Blizzard and their Blues hate to do that even if all the other realms were going to explode overpopulated... I still remember how much they hated to give players a fresh new start... yeah F.U. very much Blizzard).

I have a good feeling about this.

Will I check it out? Only if Kronos is a long way out. A week or two after, I will not play so I will be jam session ready, physically and mentally. If we are a month or two out, I will. But anticipate on still playing on Kronos. Who cares if I relevel. Will just have firsthand proof of which is better in that regards.

I have tried passing time on 3.3.5 realm. But am turned off to the face roll overthing is. Tried TR when it came back on, but no LoS on something right in front of me, not on a hill pissed me off. And no need to drink mana came back super fast. So hunter could zerg shot everything to lvl even faster. Was stupid.

I am hoping for good news Sunday. Open item test would be nice, as I need to test a few gear setups before I roll my dkp that way, or just a release date. Then this damn dispute will be over.

I actually agree with what you're saying, forgot to use my sarcasm font, lol

It isn't about wishing. It's nature's law. Beautiful but ruthless in its way. :wink:

Nos is banging its head on the wall with the same recipe all the other clone servers have launched. Out of all the failed servers why would Nos be any different? What makes them special? Besides the free publicity they've received from people waiting for Kronos. I made a lengthy post on one of those locked threads explaining why Nos is a fart if you are interested, not gonna spam it here. Nos is just now the Kony 2012 of our circles.

how do you even?

No fact behind your claim. Your just being predictable and doing exactly what I am saying. Underestimating them with no evidence.

how do you even?

No fact behind your claim. Your just being predictable and doing exactly what I am saying. Underestimating them with no evidence.

Both of you are falling in the same trap. If you wish to voice your opinions, back them up with some posts. Is Nos really that bad? Link me some forums/posts or videos which prove otherwise. Same goes for proving they shouldn't be underestimated.

If you can't, then allow people to form their own opinions when the time comes. I wish i could just take everyones word, but some hard proof is required.

I am new to community, I look forward to Sundays announcement, very exciting.

Just check the recent posts... All the negativity right now comes either from players who joined here very late or have just very few posts. Sorry if this sounds rude, but I misbelieve their opinion represents a "major" part of the vanilla community.

Hehe, while all the "valid" posts come from yourself or the other insiders who sit on vague inside information that the community should treat as perfect information. You are a smart person, you understand there is a discrepancy here.

I believe it's simple really. Many people will just play on whatever is released first. Looks to me like Nos is winning the "duel" just by being released sooner. Unless it proves to be a really bad server, which I honestly doubt.

I might be wrong but impatience gets the best of everybody eventually.

Hehe, while all the "valid" posts come from yourself or the other insiders who sit on vague inside information that the community should treat as perfect information. You are a smart person, you understand there is a discrepancy here.

As you said yourself, Lharts is just one of Kronos advocates, that mostly gets ignored due to the fact no info he tends to talk about has any proof.

Hopefully that changes this sunday, so we can stop ignoring any pointless info that gets thrown onto this forum with no backing proof whatsoever :biggrin:

I believe it's simple really. Many people will just play on whatever is released first. Looks to me like Nos is winning the "duel" just by being released sooner. Unless it proves to be a really bad server, which I honestly doubt.

I might be wrong but impatience gets the best of everybody eventually.

If i was so impatient, i'd be playing a 42 i have on valkyrie, or one of my 60's on TR, or my 60 on ED.... I cba trying out another realm (specially one i don't have any trust in). I've set my mind on this one. So maybe to some, but not everybody ;) I have enough other games to play!

In the short run maybe, but It's hard to predict who will come out on top in the long run without a proper release of both servers, or at the very least an open beta from Kronos.

Hold your horses until Monday boys.

Sad to see that everyone claimed to wait on a great server then cry their eyes out because of a release of an unfinished project? Are you guys nuts?

Sad to see that everyone claimed to wait on a great server then cry their eyes out because of a release of an unfinished project? Are you guys nuts?

+1

I'll gladly wait for 100 % no matter what. Man I'm so thrilled and THANKFUL that ppl are doing this thing for the vanilla gamers.. I just want to experience a server as close to perfect that is possible. The charm of vanilla is easily forgotten when playing on crappy servers :/. Of course this server will not be bug free even when reaching 100% but then it's at least as good as it can be for the time being of the release. Bugs will surely happen and as long as we support the development I am sure they will be fixed also. It will surely be worth the wait friends!

Yeas, and the announcement will look like: Ladies and gentlemen we are the most happy to announce you that Chero is getting married next week and since that time and forever he quit wow and everything related and is going to spend his free time with his wife and incoming family. Wish him to live happily ever after!

:D

If I learned one thing from private server forums then it is, the loudest people usually don't represent a majority. In fact, forum heroes only make up for a small part of the community.
Now think about it, another server gives a release date, but our forum is flooded? How fucked up is that?
I would say playerbase WANTS Kronos to react and hopes for them to be successful in the end.

I read posts about how both servers community are the same and I call bullshit on that. If that was the case Kronos page wouldn't have thrice as much traffic...
Not everyone is as gullible anymore as the vanilla community was when ED launched. Times change and so do people.

Top Bottom