• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Warlock Summoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
So everyone who thinks that summon alts are unnatural or unblizzlike, you are delusional. If you think that server staff needs to somehow disable them from existing then... I don't know what to say. You are playing the wrong game.

Pot, kettle, etc.

The sheer amount of accounts and characters you have created is why action was taken, you have no one to blame but yourselves.

I really don't understand what the number of accounts has to do with anything. Kronos rules never said anything about number of accounts, so obviously multiple accounts are allowed. Now if we are to choose whether to create alts (alts of any kind, not just warlocks) on main account or another account - well of course we will choose another account simply for the convenience of not having to relog every time. And we apply the same logic to summon alts. So... what the hell is everyone's problem? I think you people are losing focus and are entering lynch mob mentality and screaming "witch! witch!" without having thought this whole thing through.

This is a disgrace.

This change is aimed directly at the people who spend a lot of time with their characters, and people who want to be the best at the game. The people who love this game, the people who spend a lot of time on this server, the people who invested in this server. These are the people who got stabbed in the back by this change.

According to Kronos devs there is such a thing as "trying too hard", and this horrible crime should be met with strict punishment, as we can see here.
All I've seen these alts used for is laziness (http://imgur.com/YNFcXdM). These alts have spread like a cancer and I'm glad to see the GMs/Devs take action against them. Ayz hit the nail on the head on this and honestly it's sad that this is a issue the GMs/Devs have to deal but, good work Chero and Kronos team!

Last edited:
You people are delusional. Even if you restrict everyone to be only able to use 1 account to play on Kronos, we can still have summon alts on that main account and use one another's accounts as clickers.

I wish that were the case. If it were then you wouldn't see nearly as many lvl 20 locks and associated lvl 1 summoning alts next to them. If it were the case then I honestly doubt we'd have reached this point because by players being limited to one account, that in itself limits just how many of these toons and associated toons they could have. But the problem is that we have no ability to restrict account creation access at all. So the ability to have more than one account is out of our control.

I understand that Davros. Whatever, we will adapt.

On other hand, since you listened to complaints from Badslaught about summon alts and decided to prevent their (widespread) use for the time being, could we get some justice for making army of lvl1 alliance alts to grief Kazzak? I mean, if you try to prevent mass account creation for purpose of enhancing one's PvE performance (I guess people only see world bosses here, but those summon alts save precious minutes on world buffs and help PvE greatly), why not prevent mass account creation for purpose of griefing guilds on Lord Kazzak?

http://i.imgur.com/Id6k4z3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1BxmFAN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EU2l6Kf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/i2xrepy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U573Hm4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/e04nP0D.jpg

could we get some justice for making army of lvl1 alliance alts to grief Kazzak? I mean, if you try to prevent mass account creation for purpose of enhancing one's PvE performance

This is a very valid point. I'm interested to see how management will respond.

If the number of accounts is so unimportant why did you create more accounts in the first place?

Already answered this - simply because I can. So I can keep multiple chars online if needed so I don't have to bother relogging. But in practice it changes very little.

Ha! Get rekt all of you who have summoning alts.
I can't contain my joy at seeing your tasteful tears being dropped over a 12 year old game :lol::lol::lol:

EDIT: After reading more deeply into the thread, you guys from hardcore guilds who are saying you're getting "backstabbed"... Do you really think you have any kind of privilege over others? Just becasue you spend more hours here? Boy it doesn't work that way. You're a normal player, as all of us here. Stop feeling as if you should get a better treatment from the staff.
You aren't special.

Last edited:
I understand that Davros. Whatever, we will adapt.

On other hand, since you listened to complaints from Badslaught about summon alts and decided to prevent their (widespread) use for the time being, could we get some justice for making army of lvl1 alliance alts to grief Kazzak? I mean, if you try to prevent mass account creation for purpose of enhancing one's PvE performance (I guess people only see world bosses here, but those summon alts save precious minutes on world buffs and help PvE greatly), why not prevent mass account creation for purpose of griefing guilds on Lord Kazzak?

http://i.imgur.com/Id6k4z3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1BxmFAN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EU2l6Kf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/i2xrepy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U573Hm4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/e04nP0D.jpg

It looks very clear from the announcement Chero gave in the opening post, that the Kronos staff want summoning alts gone from the world boss locations. A mean to have this done was to put a level restriction on summons.

– Any form of mocking, insulting or otherwise doing anything in contrast to a decision of any member of the server team is strictly prohibited.

You clearly are wanting to go against the staff on this one. You are only embarrassing yourself and your guild by acting like a child throwing a tantrum on this change that you brought upon yourselves.

There is a place for competitive advantage in WoW, we're not against it. This is kind of the point of the steps we took. If players want a competitive advantage, it should be earned. Levelling a lock to 20 is not really work especially when a majority of them were levelled in groups of 5 with imps auto attacking mobs to level.

As I mentioned in my other post, we're trying to get the abusive numbers down back into the handful of players/accounts. A handful is a lot more acceptable than the numbers we're seeing right now. If only some players/guilds would pause a moment and see how this would actually benefit them in the long run. The whole point is to shrink the abusive side of the numbers.

Regarding solution, it may not be. Time will tell and we are happy to be adaptive as things go. But frankly there is no easy solution to this problem.

So now they will just do this till lvl 45, how does this solve the problem?

You make no sense. How can I go in contrast of not being able to summon lvl60 players below lvl45, since that is only change introduced here. Unless making suggestions and discussing is against server rules? Or suggesting GMs to look into another form of abuse that they ignored is against server rules? What McAyz wrote is irrelevant since he is not deciding anything here.

I guess at this point I am just feeding you trolls. I'll end my presence in this topic and talk to GMs directly then.

Badslaught, really? Are we twelve years old?

Don't think we aren't aware of how you use summoners outside of world bosses. The little spot in Blackrock Mountain and near Songflowers. The dedicated and hardcore sure are lazy.

Army of grief alts. Two characters? Where are your screenshots of us throwing our mains at Kazzak? If you want level 1 characters banned from world boss locations you only hurt yourselves. Ermspykaz, Nedazu...

Again you are delusional if you think action was taken solely because one guild 'complained'.

This is getting out of hands and as mentioned in my previous posts, this does not fix anything. Or in another way, it might actually vastly reduce the amounts of summoning alts, but if you are indeed trying to "punish" the people, who you say "spread this cancer", I really don't think this is the way.

I really want to see how things will develop, when some people level those chars to level 45...

I doubt any1 will untill theres going to be an official statement that says 45 will be the limit and stays that way, anyone who will level any summon alt to 45 right now is ignorant and alittle dumb, given the fact that this could one day change again overnight.

I doubt any1 will untill theres going to be an official statement that says 45 will be the limit and stays that way, anyone who will level any summon alt to 45 right now is ignorant and alittle dumb, given the fact that this could one day change again overnight.

I will use the admin's words

As I mentioned in my other post, we're trying to get the abusive numbers down back into the handful of players/accounts. A handful is a lot more acceptable than the numbers we're seeing right now. If only some players/guilds would pause a moment and see how this would actually benefit them in the long run. The whole point is to shrink the abusive side of the numbers.

I think it is safe to say, that this "fix" will indeed reduce the amounts vastly, but as you can see, the intentions were not to completely evaporate all of them.

Ha! Get rekt all of you who have summoning alts.
I can't contain my joy at seeing your tasteful tears being dropped over a 12 year old game :lol::lol::lol:

EDIT: After reading more deeply into the thread, you guys from hardcore guilds who are saying you're getting "backstabbed"... Do you really think you have any kind of privilege over others? Just becasue you spend more hours here? Boy it doesn't work that way. You're a normal player, as all of us here. Stop feeling as if you should get a better treatment from the staff.
You aren't special.

Some of us "normal" players just happen to get 95% of all world boss kills, but i guess that must be because we are receiving special treatment from the staff. Kek

Get real and look at the facts! It won't take too long till we have our locks lvl 45. But hey it's only few more hours of gameplay away...

Last edited:
I will use the admin's words

I think it is safe to say, that this "fix" will indeed reduce the amounts vastly, but as you can see, the intentions were not to completely evaporate all of them.

Once vanguard, or other guilds get to the numbers needed to simply get all worldboss kills again, there will be people that start to complain again which will probably result in another weird, not properly anounced or communicated announcement banning lvl 1 clickers or raising the level even more.

Like i said, an official statement would fix this.

There is a lot of talk of "unfair advantage". I don't see one. The main reason we can summon an entire raid is we communicate not in game, and have an entire raid logon. If we made it blizzlike, we could all just level a level 20 lock on our own accounts and log them out. We can then summon our raid, then login to get summoned. Sure, maybe using tons of accounts to port everywhere was a little nuts (having a personal summoner everywhere), but who is that harming? Anyone? This feels like a really poor admin reaction to a few individuals whining because... we log in faster? Or just because we have more summon alts than they do? The level cap is a poor solution to the perceived issue (multiple accounts). Give us the opportunity to transfer our locks to our main accounts, and we can still do the same thing, but in a more "Blizzlike" fashion, since that seems to be the major complaint. Glad Onslaught seems happy with the change, apparently none of them wanted to level a 20 lock, even though it is "sooo easy".

I just don't see the issue at all.

Edit: will edit later for format/spelling, on mobile. Sorry for wall of text.

Last edited:
Some of us "normal" players just happen to get 95% of all world boss kills, but i guess that must be because we are receiving special treatment from the staff. Kek

Get real and look at the facts! It won't take too long till we have our locks lvl 45. But hey it's only few more hours of gameplay away...

No, you're not receiving special treatment from the staff, but you guys are talking as if you should.
And if you level up the warlocks to 45 just to summon, there will be way few less locks and they will be easier targets for ban penalties.

As said before, this is Chero's server, if you don't like the rules and decisions you know where the door is. And please dont make noise when leaving.

P.S.: I wonder how many pages would this thread had if we excluded the people from CORAL and Vanguard... 3? 4? lmao

hardcore.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom