• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information What Experience Rates You Prefer?

Experience Rates

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only highrate competitor right now is a bugged as shit server with unhealthy economy and dwindling player numbers.
Tyme is Kronos

I voted 1-7x, because it worked well before and i like that concept. I also voted 1x because i've already decided to lvlup 1x no matter what will be final decision and it also have lot of pros, mentioned elsewhere.

1-2x and 1-3x seems too low for me, it's much better have 1x than these and 1-12x is even too high. I don't want to be naked at 60.

Players who played on retail is known that the 1x XP rate is Nightmare dificulty ,particularly for melee.

I vote fo 1-2x XP rate

I voted 1x-3x because I have too less time to go through the whole 1-60 in 1x rating. But I also want to be able to experience some Lvls, like from 35-45 or from 52 to 60 in the 1x rating, because these for me are the most enjoyable parts of lvling. So if you can choose ingame everytime you log in, it would be perfekt for me. And all the ones who like to go by 1x, there is noone who will bother them.

1x without a doubt, if we are going to the lengths that we are to secure kronos is near perfect, it should also have the original experiance.

For a couple of weeks I was against x1 rate.

But this project is seriously 100% blizzlike, everything works here like on retail and I think this is the chance for all of us to find a server for the next years to play on a top private server. You will find a perfect scripted world and will find many things that you have never seen before.

Because of x1 rates you wont have players that rerolls every month, you wont have tons of twinks an you will have a healthy economic and that are the reasons why I vote NOW for x1 rates and I'm sure that I wont regret that!

oh PLEASE make it 1-2 or 1-3... I'm already terribly bored from leveling in other Vanilla private servers, well atleast make it able to transfer to here... Guys Vote to 1-3 please!

Only 1x rates , to have blizzlike economy and players , not some slackers who just rush to the end of the game... For those who say that they are bored from leveling chars in other servers stay in them , but i am sure with game kronos will offer you will level here even in 0.5x :D

Last edited:
1x is a part of the Vanilla (and its quality), this is how it should be and should not be changed because of various playtimes. Back in 2004 we had Casual and Hardcore gamers and this did not prevent any of them to play and enjoy the game, some will take and spend more time reaching the high level and it has always been the case.

We are not supposed to increase rates because Mister X does not have enough time, it's a part of the game even a part of every MMO in the world and pampering players will not arrange Kronos, at least not with this way.

[EDIT] : Also don't forget that Maraudon and Dire Maul will be opened at launch so it will be easier to gear up during Leveling and once 60.

Last edited:
Personally I voted for 1-3x, my thoughts are as follows.

Vanilla was by far my most memorable days in wow, but when at lv60, I was so burnt out of leveling by around 40 that I felt it became more of a job than a fun thing at that point. Leveling vanilla becomes extremely repetitive due to the nature of how basic the quests are.

The 3 main type of quests you do are so repetitive, it makes leveling feel like a job. After about 30 levels you definitely feel burned out from the same thing over and over.

- Kill X mobs
- Gather X
- Deliver item to X person
Then you get the rare unique quests once in a while.

I just feel people will be so happy at first with it bringing back all the old memories, but it wont last too long until you start thinking 'ok im so fed up with leveling' I just want to be 60 now.. and cant be bothered to continue, and quit half way through the grind.

Now thats only speaking for a portion of players. Die hard vanilla fans will stick it out, as will I, whatever the XP rate is at.

People have just leveled so many characters in the past, that the average player is excited about being level 60 to do the old raids again, but will find it hard to put the work into getting there again.

I think doing at least 2x or 3x will give those people who weren't willing to play 1x enough reason to now play. And those who wanted 1x I cant see it being a deal breaker and losing those players, as much as they may say they wont. The high level of scripting is what will matter most to everyone.

I want to propose a different solution: 1x rates in overworld, and 3x (maybe 2x) rates in dungeons, meaning you get thrice/twice the experience from mobs in dungeons. This will encourage low level dungeoning, which I consider a vital part of building a community as well as preparing players for raiding.

The reason for this is that doing dungeons in vanilla can be such a chore. They are usually far out of the way, and loot drops were really bad in vanilla: you could very well go in a dungeon and leave without having gotten a single new piece of gear for yourself. I think adjusting drop rates is a very dangerous thing to do (though something like 1.1 or 1.2 is probably harmless), so the way to go to motivate people to do dungeons is to give increased xp from it.

In terms of rates though, I think 1.5x is the perfect compromise (comparable to TBC leveling), with 2x being doable but a tad much.

Only x1.
Plenty of fun-servers out there for those who don't want to level.

Last edited:
x1 ofc as this server purpose is to have the best experience in vanilla and having it on x1 is the right choice for that
But ... if other twinstar server ( other expansions ) are set to a different rate then i think all of it should be at the same rate =P

x1-3. For those who say go for a fun server... what answer is that? Can't we be bored with leveling and still want quality scripts? That's the same as saying people who want a x1 just go to feenix! Seriously how dumb is that?

In a x1 you will probably have less people at 60 because some will stop before. If you like pvp and don't want to see the same players again and again boost the experience rate is not a bad thing. Ofc not too much or the economic will be domaged.

Now that you've seemingly scripted the server so incredibly well, it would almost be a shame not to have 1x exp. rates wouldn't it?

Voted for 1-2. If this server is as good as it hopes to be, those that insist on 1x will join and play at 2x. People that don't want/like the slow 1x grind won't stick around even if the content is great. 2x won't break the game or have you out-level the content. I'm on Valkyrie (1x) right now and there are lots of slow spots in Vanilla where you just have to grind mobs before you can move to the next zone to level.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD - ALL DISCUSSION WILL BE REMOVED

as a reminder: we just want you to pick what you prefer and if you want you can explain why. But you don't need to analyze the poll for us :wink:

1x rates would be extremely dangerous for this servers long term population. 3x rates offers low enough barriers to entry while still keeping the low xp crowds satisfied.

1-2x here, I have no issues leveling my first char to 60 with a 1x rate (hell it's the journey that gives a lot of experience when starting from scratch), however when I'm thinking of eventual second characters I'd say that the 1x gap is a bit extensive and it would be nice with a 2x options for accounts with a lvl 60 on them already.

The "lazy" guide 1-60 is of course to mobtag the character all the way up there, hence you'll save a few days in played. If you however want to experience the journey with the new char 2x grants a bit more incentive. I'm all for 1x drops rates etc though regardless of what 1-Xx rates are present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom