• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information What Experience Rates You Prefer?

Experience Rates

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote for 2x experience rate and 4x experience rate for dungeons to promote low level dungeon groups [dungeon exp is seriously bad in vanilla, it was boosted later (from 1x up to 3-4x) by blizzard to promote dungeons aswell.]

I also like the idea of having a command to join battlegrounds for level 10-59 players because otherwise low level battlegrounds will be 100% dead (They're even dead on the most populated private servers). This function is nothing game breaking and would only serve a good purpose (experience gained from BGs is non-existent and there are no rewards. It would literally take half a year to grind BG faction reputation to a useful level before the lvl 60 bracket)

I'm all for a true 100% blizzlike server just as any other, but it does get ridiculous if it means that we have to endure all the bugs & annoying shit which just didn't happen to be fixed or modified at the end of 1.12.1 because of "Hey! That would make it so unblizzlike" reasons.

Also starting out with a 1x experience rate and if need be then increasing it some time in the future as suggested by someone will not work as the success of the launch will make or break the server. Improvements and modifications made later won't save the server. This has been evident for every single vanilla project which tried to save themselves this way (They all failed.)

1-2x experience rate should be a good compromise as 2x experience is still relatively slow, but takes away the hopeless grindy feeling (Many of us have been playing on multiple if not several private servers and have leveled up dozens of characters - to us the leveling process is not really the most intrigueing part of the game. It gets rather dull.) Should keep the 40% (judging by the results of the poll), who are mainly in it for the end-game & PvP motivated.

Fear of the server potentially failing keeps a dozen people I know away from this server if it launches with 1x rates. They can't be bothered to risk investing 1-2 months into leveling if there's a chance that the server might not pick up and die 5-6 months later. It's good that people have hope in this project, I do aswell, but we have to be realistic - many projects were promising, they promised perfect scripting, they released flashy perfectly edited promotional videos about their unique bug fixes, which raised a lot of hype. They all had good, mature communities, which had these exact same type of discussions full of hope and they all were also so very certain that their project was destined to be awesome, population growing into the thousands and that they would succeed, but one after another they all failed (It's the 2nd or 3rd launch for Kronos aswell.)

And this server won't really pick up if it doesn't have the REALISTIC potential to hit 1k+ online players at any given time ASAP. As in the end the server population will make or break the server.

A LOT of players hate Feenix, but they still play there because of this exact reason, it's pretty much the only thing that keeps them alive and so successful, because people want to play and experience a true MMO feeling, but there are no alternatives which would even come close in population numbers, so they are stuck there. The server does suck, but it does actually feel as original vanilla WoW felt because you see players around every corner, in a way it's even better as the EU,US & Oceanic communities all play on the same server, which means that the server never really sleeps, which did happen on official servers at night hours. Doesn't really feel like an MMO with 400 players. People hate on Feenix, bitch about the abusive staff and immature people on the world chat (which is a player created optional channel anyway), whine about the crappy scripting and yet they log on every single evening to play for 4+ hours - It does get a bit ridiculous when you think about it. They are stuck in a vicious circle with nowhere to go. And that is what Feenix thrives upon.

In a way the project staff would need to compromise and cater to both the hardcore 1x rates promoters and the endgame PvE & PvP playerbase (which is a lot greater in numbers, they are just put off by the illusion that this server might end up being 1x rates or they just haven't stumbled upon this project yet.)

Looking through the comments many people think that anything more than 1x experience rates would be off putting, but the risk of the growth of the population halting before it hits 1k condemns this server in the eyes of many and alerts me aswell (Yes, 400 people voted for the 1x option, but experience shows that ~20% of them won't start playing when the server launches and 50% of the remaining ~320 people will never make it to level 60 because of whatever various reasons.)

Shouldn't fall for the illusion that the grand majority of the community wants 1x rates. This project just happened to pick up and build on a small number of 1x rates promoters (Community for now mainly consists of the loyal previous Kronos' playerbase, who would play on this server anyway and a few dozen hardcore 1x rates promoters, who just happen to make the most noise and post a lot, doesn't mean that their truth is the only truth, doesn't mean they're always right nor does it mean that this server will be successful only if it respects every single wish this hardcore 1x rate community throws at them.)

It doesn't mean that there aren't other capable great potential player bases out there and they shouldn't be ignored. The staff should try to appeal to more than one group of players - shouldn't place all your eggs into one basket.

2x experience would be a good compromise. ;)

Last edited:
I vote for 2x experience rate and 4x experience rate for dungeons to promote low level dungeon groups [dungeon exp is seriously bad in vanilla, it was boosted later (from 1x up to 3-4x) by blizzard to promote dungeons aswell.]

I also like the idea of having a command to join battlegrounds for level 10-59 players because otherwise low level battlegrounds will be 100% dead (They're even dead on the most populated private servers). This function is nothing game breaking and would only serve a good purpose (experience gained from BGs is non-existent and there are no rewards. It would literally take half a year to grind BG faction reputation to a useful level before the lvl 60 bracket)

Also starting out with a 1x experience rate and if need be then increasing it some time in the future as suggested by someone will not work as the success of the launch will make or break the server. Improvements and modifications made later won't save the server. This has been evident for every single vanilla project which tried to save themselves this way (They all failed.)

1-2x experience rate should be a good compromise as 2x experience is still relatively slow, but takes away the hopeless grindy feeling (Many of us have been playing on multiple if not several private servers and have leveled up dozens of characters - to us the leveling process is not really the most intrigueing part of the game. It gets rather dull.) Should keep the 40% (judging by the results of the poll), who are mainly in it for the end-game & PvP motivated.

Fear of the server potentially failing keeps a dozen people I know away from this server if it launches with 1x rates. They can't be bothered to risk investing 1-2 months into leveling if there's a chance that the server might not pick up and die 5-6 months later. It's good that people have hope in this project, I do aswell, but we have to be realistic - many projects have been promising, but they all failed. (It's the 2nd or 3rd launch for Kronos aswell)

And this server won't really pick up if it doesn't have the REALISTIC potential to hit 1k+ online players at any given time ASAP. As in the end the server population will make or break the server. In a way the project staff would need to compromise and cater to both the hardcore 1x rates promoters and the endgame PvE & PvP playerbase.

Looking through the comments many people think that anything more than 1x experience rates would be off putting, but the risk of the growth of the population halting before it hits 1k condemns this server in the eyes of many and alerts me aswell (Yes, 400 people voted for the 1x option, but experience shows that ~20% of them won't start playing when the server launches and 50% of the remaining ~320 people will never make it to level 60 because of whatever various reasons.)

Shouldn't fall for the illusion that the grand majority of the community wants 1x rates. This project just happened to pick up and build on a small number of 1x rates promoters (Community for now manily consists of the loyal previous Kronos' playerbase, who would play on this server anyway and a few dozen hardcore 1x rates promoters, who just happen to make the most noise and post a lot, doesn't mean that their truth is the only truth nor does it mean they're always right.) It doesn't mean that there aren't other capable great potential player bases out there and they shouldn't be ignored. The staff should try to appeal to more than one group of players - shouldn't place all your eggs into one basket.

2x experience would be a good compromise. ;)

im for 1x, just like vanilla, i love leveling :)
but i am willing to make a compromise for 2x in dungeons, tho i would still prefer 100% blizzlike!

Right now is the perfect time to release a new server. A LOT of people are anticipating a new fresh server to play on. Feenix' "Warsong" server has only Kel Thuzad up (Which their staff is trying to keep unkillable for as long as possible, because they are afraid that the server would start dying after there is nowhere left to progress. This was the exact same reason they have 5x more HP on 4 horsemen, was meant to slow people down, yet clever, dedicated & skilled players still managed to do the seemingly impossible)

1/3 of the server running around in T3, which does really ruin the server (especially for all the new players), the economy is ruined by massive inflation, which doesn't seem to be slowing down and PvP is also ruined and dominated by T3. There is nothing more to achieve on that server. People are talking and the talking is getting more and more noisy with every passing month. It is evident - they are looking for a new fresh start, where they could start out again equally from scratch and progress through content, experience quality scripting without an abusive discredited staff and meet new faces.

"Emerald Dream" is slowly going in the same direction, the staff hasn't held to their promises and no new content has been released for 1,5 years (still stuck farming BWL), banning competetive guilds etc. The server is dying, people emigrating en masse to "The Rebirth", which is failing aswell. Hiding behind a proxy to escape DDoS attacks and has relentlessly been attacked for 5 months by now with no change in sight, can't even manually create an account on their website because it is "suspended" now for 3-4 months. Server unstable, 1k+ latency etc. And as of right now their server is down. Their playerbase is also looking for a new alternative. "Al' Akir" is dead aswell, Feenix' staff managed to scare their loyal fanbase away. "Valkyrie" has been in a steady decline for 2 years and they only have their dedicated russian player base. Their US playerbase, which emigrated from now dead "Scriptcraft" is desperately looking for a new home aswell.

And there are also those players, who aren't particularly mad with anything, but are just looking for a fresh server, because starting out from scratch and grinding UBRS in crappy gear & dreaming about the chance of being the first R14 player on the realm etc. keeps them thrilled & motivated. And there's a great deal of these players. There hasn't been a new server released for 2 years now and a new server draws both new & old blood.

People tend to have a hive mind, if they start leaving, then it's usually not just a few people leaving. There was an experiment conducted, which showed that people, who have a negative experience are 9 times more likely to spread the word about it than people, who have a positive experience. Should aim towards creating a perfect positive experience (Useful hint: Word has slipped from a few unsatisfied former super moderators of the Feenix' staff, that they are behind the DDoS attacks on every potentially competetive project. They are also the ones attacking Rebirth. Goal is simple - to make sure that their monopoly in the vanilla WoW "market" stays unquestioned & undisputed. They WILL most likely start attacking this project the day it goes live because they want the results of the formerly mentioned experiment to kill this server before it becomes a threat and to lure the leaving masses back to Feenix. So I do hope Kronos is up to the challange & ready to face these pending attacks.)

Would be wise to seize this opportunity and go for the attention of this entire potential mass of unsatisfied players. This would mean going with 2x rates.

There has not been a better time to release a new server than there is right now - better not fuck up and get it right.

Just the way I see it.

Last edited:
Good post Voltaire, but I must say, that the major amount of people(players) don't want x2+ rates. 63% + the people, who would be fine with 1x-2x rates, makes it about 84% of the voters. That clearly states, that most of them are really fine with it.
And I'd like to add, that, in my opinion, the major playerbase, that will be playing on Kronos, will be the same people playing on ED, Rebirth, Valkyrie on other private realms too, so it shouldn't be any kind of difference from previous experience.

Good post Voltaire, but I must say, that the major amount of people(players) don't want x2+ rates. 63% + the people, who would be fine with 1x-2x rates, makes it about 84% of the voters. That clearly states, that most of them are really fine with it.
And I'd like to add, that, in my opinion, the major playerbase, that will be playing on Kronos, will be the same people playing on ED, Rebirth, Valkyrie on other private realms too, so it shouldn't be any kind of difference from previous experience.

This poll was just cleverly (poorly?) composed. I'm certain that most people, who chose the "1-2x" option voted for 2x rates and people who went with "1-3x" rates prefer 3x rates etc. Otherwise they would have all just voted for the "1x" option to begin with. It can be very misguiding. Example: People voting "1-3x" might mean:

A) They personally prefer 3x rates, but would still be forced to stick around with 1x rates because they are looking for a new server to play on.
B) They are too lazy or just didn't think how it might be interperated and in their heads they thought that they voted for 3x rates
C) They don't really care if it's 1-3x rates they will enjoy it if it's 1x exp, 2x exp or 3x exp.
D) They personally might desire 2x rates, but chose "1-3x", because it might be the highest rate they would tolerate before being upset and they might still be ok with 1x rates aswell (or they might not, but because the poll didn't really have clear separate options nor only a "2-3x" option, then they were forced to vote for "1-3x" to make their voice heard.) Etc.

I'm certain that if a new poll would be created with separate options for rates 1-12x then the results would be very different. With most people still choosing 1x, but the results of the other options would be different for sure.

I still look at the results that ~40% of the people, who voted would personally prefer above 1x rates (they would prefer whatever is the highest number of the bracket they voted for or that they would prefer whatever number is in the middle and they would tolerate up to whatever number they voted for - you see it can be very confusing to make out what they might have thought when they voted) and that some of these people will still play even if it is just 1x rates and some of these players might even end up not playing, but they were forced to go with their option because there wasn't a better worded one available etc.

Not trying to be annoying, just pointing out that due to the nature this poll was worded and composed we don't really know what the individuals, who voted other than plain 1x rates actually had in mind when they voted. ;)

I can challenge this opinion. Regarding population numbers, Warsong alone has a greater number of active players than all of the other realms you pointed out combined (Warsong used to peak at 3,5k players every day on a raiding day, now it's down to ~2,5k players online every major raiding evening because people slowly stop logging with nothing new to do.) I've been playing on Warsong for 4 years (on and off) and from what I've gathered a lot of people are looking for a new place to emigrate (And I mean A LOT, several hundreds of active players. Some of them might be ok with 1x rates, but the majority of them probably wouldn't be.)

"Warsong" peaks at 2,5k (Sometimes up to 3k, but not that often anymore)
"Emerald Dream" peaks at ~1k? and declining
"Al' Akir" is a joke, peaks at around 300 players. Usually even only ~200 people online.
Close to being dead for 1-2 years by now. This project never truly picked up.
"Valkyrie" peaks at only 500-600 nowadays and declining
"Rebirth" peaked at 500-600 (They announced that they hit 700 players record, but that was before the DDoS attacks grew unbearable) and rapidly declining because the server is down most of the time lately.

Last edited:
If they do x2/3/4 all that for for fixind Quest and all sh*t will be waste....
We come here to play True Vanilla...no something on 50% :smile:

I honestly think, a lot of people that are planning to play on this server, are people like me,
who were waiting for a non bugged authentic vanilla experience, with little to no play in other private servers...
and we would prefer to have it 100% like we remember it being in retail vanilla...

All the retail WoW expansions have indeed left a sour taste in my/our mouth from leveling thru the whole azeroth in a day or 2... Now we want it, like we remember it from the old days... adventurous and long & most of all challenging , people can still power lvl with 1x quite fast
just my2 cents

- - - Updated - - -

100% this... tbh for me it will lose some appeal if they don't leave it at 1x

How will it have been a waste? All the people who come here to play the "True vanilla" will have the chance to do it with 1x rates and enjoy every single quest, savor every single corner of the map etc. Nobody would rob you of it. Just leave a chance for the 2nd half of the playerbase to enjoy the game in their desired way by giving the option to set their experience rate to 2x. judging by all these threads most of you 1x rate preachers are more intrigued by savoring Azeroth than rushing to level 60 anyway. What do you care if a bunch of hardcore players choose to rush to level 60 and make it there a few days before you do? These hardcore players will get to level 60 before you do anyway, the problem is that there would be A LOT less of these players if we end up with 1x rates. You want to savor the leveling process and you get to, they want to savor the end-game without the extra stress and they get to. I'm talking about 2x rates not 5x rates, so it wouldn't be that unfair to begin with.

On avarege it takes up to ~10 days /played to reach level 60 with 1x rates, a lot of that time is actually spent on travelling from zone to zone and visiting the major cities every time you need to visit the trainers etc. So leveling with 2x experience wouldn't really straight out cut the leveling time in half. You would still have to move from zone to zone manually and you would still have to visit the major cities for the trainers. Therefor 2x rates would only lower this avarege down by ~20-25% not flat out 50%.

Example:
8 days /played with 1x rates when rushing to level 60 by using the fastest methods and best guides possible AND still leveling professions could be cut down to:

5 days leveling and gaining experience,
1 day spent moving from zone to zone on foot or flying around and flying to previous zones you've discovered. Azeroth is huge and you have to pick up the flightposts hidden away from your trajectory in remote corners.
0.5 days spent in cities on training and crafting, turning in quests, visiting merchants etc.
1.5 days spent gathering mats and leveling professions whilst leveling

Whils't moving towards a quest objective you spot a mining node on the far left corner of the minimap, you have to move off course for 20 seconds, there is a mob guarding the mining node, you have to kill it, takes another 30 seconds, then you have to mine it, it happens to have 4 "ticks" each harvesting procedure takes 3 seconds and you lose ~1 second after every cast because you are not nervously spamming your right mouse click that adds up to 15 seconds, now you have to move back on course to continue your original questing objective, which takes another 20 seconds. You've completed the zone, but you can't move on, because your mining isn't high enough to mine iron so you still need to find & farm tin ore. After your mining is high enough you still need a stack of tin ore to level blacksmithing on to iron bars, so you still need to stay and farm etc. The same applies for herbing and it you might happen to have both.

Whils't in the city you have to go and smelt your ore stacks, you happen to have a lot of ore, it takes time. After that you have to visit the anvil and start smithing, each item created has a 3-30 second cast time. And you have run to the trainer to learn new recipes after every few minutes, which all adds up aswell. Then you stare at your crafting tabs and waste time on doing math - how many of this "random crap" do I need to craft, do I have the required mats in my backpack, ohh let me check etc. You have to keep an eye on your inevntory so you don't accidently sell a crafted material, which you might end up needing for crafting follow up items etc. Then you have to run to the bank to deposit/withdraw crap you spontaneously need etc. Advanced trainers are hidden away in remote corners of Azeroth (and some of them have specialization quests which send you off adventuring, collecting crap, obtaining specific recipes and crafting otherwise useless crap to complete in distant parts of Azeroth. Tribal LW etc.) . You see a lot of time is actually spent on other stuff than flat out gaining level experience.

Now with 2x rates the same process would cut down to:

2.50 days leveling and gaining experience
1 day still spent moving around and discovering. Can't really make that any quicker.
0.5 days still spent in cities, can't dodge that either.
1.5 days still spent on gathering mats and leveling professions on the go

It would still take you AT LEAST 5.5 days. So it isn't all that much quicker as it might seem to many of you. It's not that great of an advatage as many of you might think. 2x rates wouldn't be game breaking, but they would make both sides of the playerbase happy. Those, who are dedicated on enjoying every bit of the content aren't concerned with rushing to level 60 anyway. Why hold back the 2nd half of the community? They only win a day or two anyway.

People would still be forced to group and quest in all the zones as 2x rates don't really give you the privilege to skip entire zones, you can perhaps yes skip a few annoying quests, but the main path still remains the same and it doesn't have an impact on the social aspect of the game.

Now I agree, that it does get more unfair if the rates would be any higher, but 1x rates with the optional 2x doesn't really alter that much and keeps both sides satisfied.

I honestly think, a lot of people that are planning to play on this server, are people like me

And ~40% of the people are people like me, that's why I'm having this debate - to make both of our "tribes" happy and appeal to a wider range of people than just one specific group.

Last edited:
Voltaire, i absolutely agree with you. Even through I have already decided to level 1x, no matter what.

Edit: Personaly, I'm here because of perfect scripting and best blizzlike end game experience i've ever seen. No matter what will hapen to the xp rate, i'll be fine even with instant 60 because, what is average 8 days of played skiped in comparsion to the 100 days of high quality experience?

Last edited:
i think it would matter to a lot of people,especially ones who wanna do server first stuff,the normal/vanilla style.

- - - Updated - - -

And ~40% of the people are people like me, that's why I'm having this debate - to make both of our "tribes" happy and appeal to a wider range of people than just one specific group.

The thing is , its all about being Vanilla like, anything you change no matter how subtle it takes away from the true 100% vanilla like feeling we want , at least that's how it is for me...

i think it would matter to a lot of people,especially ones who wanna do server first stuff,the normal/vanilla style.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is , its all about being Vanilla like, anything you change no matter how subtle it takes away from the true 100% vanilla like feeling we want , at least that's how it is for me...

Yes, and it's also about appealing to as many player groups as possible to potentially climb to the top and reach 3-4k active players (sometimes a compromise is met to make more people happy & willing to join) as the population has a funny effect, the more people there are - the faster it grows, so once you really get the ball rolling then success is inevitable.

I started playing on Feenix when it had 500 active players, it grew very slowly at first. The ball really didn't start rolling until the population got to about 1,5 - 1,7k after that it was suddenly at 3,5k and now it's declining and leaving a void, which is waiting to be filled. People are leaving in droves and spreading the negative word, which in return damages the server reputation even more when it comes to luring in potential new blood, which is put off by the rumors & negativity.

Or you could go with a single dimensional strategy and settle with 400-1000 players (if lucky & stars align.) projects use various marketing techniques to achieve these goals, some are slightly game-altering. 2x rates increase the overall potential of this server dramaticly. Potential, which could & should be used. There hasn't been a new server released for almost 3 years. There are A LOT of people from other player groups than 1x fanboys, who are after a fresh start aswell.

I'm certain that most of the people wouldn't mind 2x rates at all if that means that the server would have 2k+ active players after 6 months of successful advertising instead of ~500 active players (+ the risk of the growth halting and those numbers starting to decrease aswell.)

1x rates with the option to set the rates to 2x would still allow everybody to experience this "vanilla feeling" if they so desire. In my mind, the OPTION to go with 2x experience wouldn't kill this feeling, would only expand the potential & longetivity of the project in the long run. Decreases the risks.

The population base will determine the success of this project. Everybody, who is after a true "MMO feeling" is drawn by the population. And this is one fact, which people from all these various distinct player groups agree upon. Can't be successful by only catering to a single group of people.

I'm certain that the experienced staff of Twinstars discuss these marketing matters on a weekly basis and they agree on many of the points I make. We will see how it goes in the end, I just don't want to see the potential "market", that is out there to be wasted. If there is a time of demand then it shouldn't go unnoticed or somebody else will come and seize this opportunity by supplying the demand and filling the void.

I already explained everything in great detail in my previous walls of text. I've already countered and addressed your reoccuring argument in great detail in my previous responses. I'm not trying to start a fight here, just pointing out other point of views, which cannot & should not be ignored when making such an important, gamebreaking decision at a time like this.

Last edited:
I cant agree more with Voltaire, there are so many naysayers right off the bat because they're put off by the 1x leveling rate. The option to have 2x would dramatically increase incoming player numbers.

Those walls of text are exactly what I have been thinking and being told by numerous players on my particular server, but neither the time nor articulacy to compose it.

So I applaud you sir Voltaire, and sincerely hope that kronos takes a look at the other side. fanboys will be fanboys, the trick is to reel in those people who aren't quite sure.

Edit : spacing, easier on the eyeballs eh

How will it have been a waste?
Simple....If xp is x1 u must make around 80% of Quest to ding 60 (+-5% depend of grinding and stuff)
They aim to true vanilla(x1)....so they will try to fix max % Quest's.
If they do x2/3/4 now the time who they spend to fix quest's is waste be coz u just gonna skip it.
PS:I know..i have bad english...but u will get it :innocent:

Simple....If xp is x1 u must make around 80% of Quest to ding 60 (+-5% depend of grinding and stuff)
If they do x2/3/4 now the time who they spend to fix quest's is waste be coz u just gonna skip it.

Totally agree with this. It would have just been a total waste of work from developers.

It will not, because there are a lot of players, that will chose 1x and so they will eperience it. Also, some of these who skip it at begining may return later.

But, this discussion will be deleted, so it doesn't matter :)

It will not have been a waste of time in any shape or form. Actually the very fact that the developers are dedicated enough to fix all the quests will lure in even more players, who are aiming to do endgame content. Why? Because it also indicates that the developers are dedicated & caring enough to spend at least the same amount of time and effort on polishing the endgame raiding encounters to perfection and fixing all the class bugs etc. which would otherwise break PvP or ruin the game in other ways. And I've talked to a lot of players, who have different preferences and views on things - they all see it only as a positive sign. Everybody is hyped and everybody wins - you won't miss out on anything either and everybody gets what they are after.

Perfect scripting of any kind works as a positive advertisement towards all player groups, this alone raises a lot of hype. So your argument is misleading and not true.

I dont get it?whats with all this 2x 4x that u want it so much,we all know vanilla is about the journey and adventure,community etc.
not like retal that is all about rushing to max lvl, just take your time and enjoy the beautiful and wonderful world,quests and dungeons and ofc world pvp like they are ment to be enjoyed in true vanilla fashion. :)

Last edited:
I dont get it?whats with all this 2x 4x that u want it so much,we all know

Haven't you read a word I've been saying over and over again? It's about going after a decent, healthy population, which would have the potential of growing into the thousands and actually make this server feel like an actual MMORPG, not risk another dead project because of only catering to a small minority (rather small compared to the other 3-4 player groups combined). Compromising and settling for an mere option to set your rate to 2x would multiply the potential growth of the population by ~3-4 times (as everybody who wanted 2-12x rates would at least feel as if they had won just a tiny bit and they would be satisfied.)

not like retal that is all about rushing to max lvl, just take your time and enjoy the beautiful and wonderful world,quests and dungeons and ofc world pvp like they are ment to be enjoyed in true vanilla fashion. :)

This is ONLY your opinion, the problem is you don't understand that opinions are like assholes - every person has one. Your argument is only based on emotions and how you PERSONALLY as an individual feel, you are missing the bigger picture. There is actually a very large portion of the player base, who has a very different view on this matter. There are also even more of these "other, different views" and it would be smart to compromise just a tiny bit to get them on the wagon aswell. Just try to look things from different perspectives and widen your gaze a bit. I'm done repeating myself to your reoccuring arguments. No harm done.

Last edited:
Blizzard catering to a large community is what made us come back here, isn't it?

It is indeed my opinion.. true everybody wants a bigger population but i am sure that if the server is amazingly scripted word will trave around fast and most 2x people wont mind 1x. I think the majority wants it tho.
I do think that if they put optional exp rates that it will devalue the work that 1x people put in lvling.

To each his own.
Lets wait and see,im all for the authenticity.

Last edited:
Blizzard catering to a large community is what made us come back here, isn't it?

WoW went to shit after Activision bought it in late '09. They were the ones, who enforced all the carebear shit to maximize their profits (handing out easy gear etc.) What I'm proposing doesn't break any game mechanics at all, just expands the potential of the project.

Fact is we lose a lot more potential players staying on 1x experience rate than we would going with 2x experience rate (It isn't even enforced, it would just be optional.)

It is indeed my opinion.. true everybody wants a bigger population but i am sure that if the server is amazingly scripted word will trave around fast and most 2x people wont mind 1x. I think the majority wants it tho.
To each his own. Lets wait and see,im all for the authenticity.

You don't understand - I'm proposing 2x experience rate, because most people, who want 3-12x rates won't mind 2x rate as it would make it seem that the staff cared about them and met them half way. They would feel as if they had won just a bit and not left at the front door with their dicks in their hands. Also most people, who want 1x rates wouldn't mind 2x rates if it were to guarantee a higher chance of overall success for this project.

The 2x rate would serve as a MIDDLE MARKER
, to please everybody, not just one or two groups of people.

2x would just work as a compromise to get ALL the other people on the wagon, not just the ones, who desired a flat out 2x experience rate. Otherwise we would be shutting the door in front of a large portion of potential players.

And it wouldn't be enforced onto anything nor anybody, it would still be 1x rate by default. 2x rate would remain OPTIONAL

Everything important brought out in bold to stand out.

Last edited:
This! Sad bit true!

This has nothing to do with anything.

Blizzard went after different age groups (kids want epics handed to them - shocker!)

I'm promoting going after people with different views. This isn't comparable.

Last edited:
They didn't went after different age groups. They went after the loudest outcries.

Dungeons are not accessible to everyone -> make them more accessible -> less rewarding
Leveling is dull, make it easier -> leveling gets easier -> no chance to die anymore, no challenge
Make getting into raids easier -> dungeon finder -> kills social interactivity
Q times are too high -> implement cross realm BGs -> no more rivalry and competition
cba running to portal to Q up -> implement battlemasters -> no more ashenvale, arathi or alterac open PvP
Take to long to get to instance -> change meeting stones to port stones -> kill path camping in world PvP

Games are called hardcore when you actually have to sacrifice something to reach your goals. For leveling this means playtime. Maybe leveling a character is not your most fun activity, it isn't mine either, but it will make feel way more dedicated to your character then anything else in this game if you hit 60.

I think we are all done with cheap and easy and want to go back to a game that gives us the feeling of unique and epicness.
Noone wants another wotlk-style vanilla server where epics and achievements get thrown into our faces until we yell stop.

They didn't went after different age groups. They went after the loudest outcries.

Dungeons are not accessible to everyone -> make them more accessible -> less rewarding
Leveling is dull, make it easier -> leveling gets easier -> no chance to die anymore, no challenge
Make getting into raids easier -> dungeon finder -> kills social interactivity
Q times are too high -> implement cross realm BGs -> no more rivalry and competition
cba running to portal to Q up -> implement battlemasters -> no more ashenvale, arathi or alterac open PvP
Take to long to get to instance -> change meeting stones to port stones -> kill path camping in world PvP

Games are called hardcore when you actually have to sacrifice something to reach your goals. For leveling this means playtime. Maybe leveling a character is not your most fun activity, it isn't mine either, but it will make feel way more dedicated to your character then anything else in this game if you hit 60.

I think we are all done with cheap and easy and want to go back to a game that gives us the feeling of unique and epicness.
Noone wants another wotlk-style vanilla server where epics and achievements get thrown into our faces until we yell stop.

The only thing you might end up sacrificing is the success of the project if you stick with your conservative view, which only makes up a small % of the overall potential. You're pointing out reasons which don't have much to do with what I'm promoting. Changes you brought out are game mechanic altering, the one I'm promoting isn't.

Who said anything about achievements and epics being thrown around? Whils't I did get your initial point, but you lost track and ended up just arguing nonsense. Giving a player the option to spend 6 days leveling down from 8 isn't really that much of a deal - they still have to go through everything in the exact same manner and follow the same path.

It would also be a bit less stressful both on the server and the players, because leveling would happen in 2 waves after the server releases. One wave being a few hours ahead of the other (expanding up to 24 hours over the course of leveling.) Taking stress off mining/herbing/skinning nodes and there would be 4 people trying to tag 1 mob instead of 8 people you would have otherwise.

You wouldn't have to camp in one spot for 5 minutes to tag a tiger because you still happen to need 6 for a quest etc. It wouldn't harm the grouping & PvP experience either. Have you ever seen the first week of a launch? It's living hell. And you would also please all groups of players whils't you are at it.

win-win-win

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom