• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information What Experience Rates You Prefer?

Experience Rates

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fear of the server potentially failing keeps a dozen people I know away from this server if it launches with 1x rates. They can't be bothered to risk investing 1-2 months into leveling if there's a chance that the server might not pick up and die 5-6 months later

i don't see the how 2x rates will help here?
Its not risking 1-2 months leveling, its 1-2 months playing WOW, and leveling is a big big part of vanilla wow. Whats the difference in leveling 1-2 months or doing lvl 60 dungeons, while the 1x exp people still level?
If the server dies after 5-6 months it doesn't matter what you have been doing in the time playing on the server (either lvling or farming,pvping etc.), the same amount of time was wasted playing the game on a dying server.:)

i don't see the how 2x rates will help here?
Its not risking 1-2 months leveling, its 1-2 months playing WOW, and leveling is a big big part of vanilla wow. Whats the difference in leveling 1-2 months or doing lvl 60 dungeons, while the 1x exp people still level?
If the server dies after 5-6 months it doesn't matter what you have been doing in the time playing on the server (either lvling or farming,pvping etc.), the same amount of time was wasted playing the game on a dying server.:)

People are under the illusion and more likely to risk jumping a dangerous investments when the "risks" seem & feel lower. That's what it does, Psychologically it lowers the "risk" and makes a person more inclined to go "Ohh what the hell, I'm in". Because 6 days /played feels a lot more tempting, accepting and inviting than 8 days /played "Ohh shit, fuck that, not again for the 20th time".

Believe it or not, but there are people out there, who actually enjoy lvl 60 dungeons a great deal more than they enjoy the leveling process. So farming these dungeons would keep their serotin flowing and they would be happy. At the same time if they were to spend this extra time leveling, then it would put them off before they even give it a try and it would keep them away.

It's the reason why servers with 2x+ rates have a greater variety of different people playing on them and 1x rate servers mainly have 1-2 distinct player groups and types of people. A new server with a 1x rate, which doesn't feel secure with a chance of failing after a few months doesn't draw many groups of players and ironicly that might just be what it ends up lacking and thus failing because it didn't pick up the necassary player groups to get the player base growing to begin with. ;)

Last edited:
Voltaire, your over-extensive comments really reminds me of politics in my country, where the minority thinks and feels as if their the majority.
If the developers are so into bringing this with less bugs than any private vanilla server before, then why ruin the experience for the true adventure seekers, with higher rates than x1?

The consequences of raising the rates would be -
inequality (if it would be possible to choose between the rates),
way less auctions and activity (because of faster area "completion")
and the fact, that most people would be lvl 60 already, which is a turn-off for newcomers, who want to be able to "squeeze in" the current adventurers.

While your points are good explained, I hope you, developers, won't make this experience a lot shorter, then it could be!

As i have stated before 8 days of leveling are realy HUGE part of 200 days of played at 60.

To be totally honest I am hyped to the max for this project, but I must say, that
if they dont leave the exp rates equal for everybody its gonna be a major disappointment to not just me, but a lot of people who are ready to jump into the server at day one, who mostly want 1x.

Voltaire, your over-extensive comments really reminds me of politics in my country, where the minority thinks and feels as if their the majority.
If the developers are so into bringing this with less bugs than any private vanilla server before, then why ruin the experience for the true adventure seekers, with higher rates than x1?

The consequences of raising the rates would be -
inequality (if it would be possible to choose between the rates),
way less auctions and activity (because of faster area "completion")
and the fact, that most people would be lvl 60 already, which is a turn-off for newcomers, who want to be able to "squeeze in" the current adventurers.

While your points are good explained, I hope you, developers, won't make this experience a lot shorter, then it could be!

40% is a noticable amount of people to say the least. And this 40% would quickly at least triple in size if the word got around that there would be an option to set the rate to 2x. Right now a large mass of potential players are ignoring this project because it announced their decision.

1) Nobody is ruining anything for you "true adventure seekers", the rate would still be fixed at 1x by default, it would only provide an option to raise it to 2x, so 40% of the people, who voted get to experience their "true adventure" in their prefered way and be happy playing the game.

2) What inequality are you preaching about? I've gone into great detail debating every aspect of this "inequality" in my previous ~10+ megaposts. As a matter of fact I've even grown sick and tired of repeating myself by now and it still manages to slide past these people, who point out issues I've explained down to the smallest detail. The pros of this simple and harmless modification outweigh this pseudocon by a great margin.

3) Auctions and activity? What auctions do you expect to see during the first ~4 weeks of the launch anyway. There is no gold in circulation, people vendor pretty much anything that lands in their backpacks (except rares and desirable loot they can't hand out to guildies & friends or hold on to until they could actually profit from the items.) People vendor everything to get gold for their skills & mounts. Actually, your argument doesn't even make sense, as there will be a lot more auctions because some people decide to level 25% faster therefor the economy kicks off faster, people gain a few extra golds faster for spending and the popularity of the auction house picks up 25% quicker.

4) Most people level 60 already? 2x rates get you to level 60 merely 25% faster, that isn't such a big deal. People will still ding 60 merely few days apart from one another. This isn't really an argument either. If a newcomer misses the launch train, then they never "squeeze in" to compete with the people, who logged in on the first minute and still keep going, on any server. That train is gone. That's how it has always been with every launch.

To be totally honest I am hyped to the max for this project, but I must say, that
if they dont leave the exp rates equal for everybody its gonna be a major disappointment to not just me, but a lot of people who are ready to jump into the server at day one, who mostly want 1x.

The announcement of 1x rates has already been an major dissapointment for a greater number of people than the sum of all these people, who are adamant for 1x rates here combined. So it has already caused more harm than simply adding the option of leveling with 2x rate would have caused. I'm just trying to salvage and repair as much as possible and still lure other player groups in, even the dissapointed individuals.

Last edited:
It's not even 40%, to begin with. I'd say that it is around 30% or so, because the second vote offer was 1-2x rates, not 2x rates!

Just because you can switch to higher rates, does influence other players who play on smaller rates. With higher rates, people "jump" over content way faster. And even with lower rates, you can make parties for dungeons 24/7, as it gears you and gives plenty of exp. Don't get cocky on my definitions too.

So, with higher rates, people would skip zones faster, which supply them for profession regents and gear. Think about it. And stating that there would be no auctions in first month is absurd - I, for example, will want to start making silver or gold on the first day. Even if the prices will be low - there still will be a demand in the first week!

With 2x rates, players will reach lvl60 faster, and I, personally, wouldn't want to join a realm, which is already mostly packed with 60's, than players, that are even crowded in places like Wetlands and Stranglethorn Vale.

I think this game isn't about - How fast can you reach lvl 60? How many days will you "save" from leveling to start finally gearing up for raids? It's about getting there! It's about reaching the lvl 60!

I'm done with this topic.

40% is a noticable amount of people to say the least. And this 40% would quickly at least triple in size if the word got around that there would be an option to set the rate to 2x. Right now a large mass of potential players are ignoring this project because it announced their decision.

1) Nobody is ruining anything for you "true adventure seekers", the rate would still be fixed at 1x by default, it would only provide an option to raise it to 2x, so 40% of the people, who voted get to experience their "true adventure" in their prefered way and be happy playing the game.

2) What inequality are you preaching about? I've gone into great detail debating every aspect of this "inequality" in my previous ~10+ megaposts. As a matter of fact I've even grown sick and tired of repeating myself by now and it still manages to slide past these people, who point out issues I've explained down to the smallest detail. The pros of this simple and harmless modification outweigh this pseudocon by a great margin.

3) Auctions and activity? What auctions do you expect to see during the first ~4 weeks of the launch anyway. There is no gold in circulation, people vendor pretty much anything that lands in their backpacks (except rares and desirable loot they can't hand out to guildies & friends or hold on to until they could actually profit from the items.) People vendor everything to get gold for their skills & mounts. Actually, your argument doesn't even make sense, as there will be a lot more auctions because some people decide to level 25% faster therefor the economy kicks off faster, people gain a few extra golds faster for spending and the popularity of the auction house picks up 25% quicker.

4) Most people level 60 already? 2x rates get you to level 60 merely 25% faster, that isn't such a big deal. People will still ding 60 merely few days apart from one another. This isn't really an argument either. If a newcomer misses the launch train, then they never "squeeze in" to compete with the people, who logged in on the first minute and still keep going, on any server. That train is gone. That's how it has always been with every launch.

You don't really know how it would affect the population, you are just assuming it would double or triple or w/e.
What about how many people would not like to play on a 2x server?

There could be just as many people that would not join if it had more then 1x. I think you are trying way too hard to force this server into something most don't want, nor need.

As you i said before, to each his own,
and that is just you opinion , none of the stuff about tripling the player base and those % aren't facts, they are just what YOU think will happen.

And as i have said before having different exp rates, devalues the effort of people that do standard 1x exp.
And if you say it will only boost you 25%, why do you even need it then, if its so minor?
This server doesn't need 2x to lure people in, they will come because of the quality alone if it is as good as they say it will be...

Feenix' "Warsong" server has only Kel Thuzad up (Which their staff is trying to keep unkillable for as long as possible, because they are afraid that the server would start dying after there is nowhere left to progress. This was the exact same reason they have 5x more HP on 4 horsemen, was meant to slow people down, yet clever, dedicated & skilled players still managed to do the seemingly impossible)

"Emerald Dream" is slowly going in the same direction, the staff hasn't held to their promises and no new content has been released for 1,5 years (still stuck farming BWL)

Feenix is not postponing anything, and saying the server will die if you can kill everything is bullocks. I have seen tens of guilds disband on Warsong when frostwyrm lair wasn't available because they just get tired of waiting, and tired of the same bugs in naxx or even new bugs arising...

The way 4HM and KT are scripted is just the best way they can, mind control is some basic thing that is broken so you can't make KT work. Because the encounters are scripted in a simplified way they counter that by giving the bosses more hp, there is also no 16 debuff limit (causing higher raid dps).
And one of the reasons that warsong has so much geared people is its steep gearing curve. You lvl to 60 x12 and then you can buy all bis blue items from dungeons and 20 man raids from vote points. Grab a couple of epix from 20 mans and when i was a lock recruiter thats all you needed to get in a aq40 guild. You can do that in 5 days /played easily. Doesn't even get you lvl 60 on a x1 server. This increases the amount of people that can raid naxx substantially. And above that you can donate for pretty much every epic item or legendary if you are prepared to pay the right amount.

Emerald dream has the same issue with the lack of fixing, really only ZG and BWL released after 2 years while it is just copy paste from Warsong. But still it proves that a x1 server is very viable. It has a healthy population and hasn't shutdown (yet).

For me there is one thing ED and Kronos have in common:
Kronos is the first realm to be also part of a bigger project, so there is experience in running a server. If someone starts a char here they know it will still be there in 2 years. That's where scriptcraft, q-gaming and the rebirth failed. People need security. On scriptcraft you didn't have security so your character started at lvl 48. Rebirth had financial problems and legal problems cause they hosted it in north america. Q-gaming had ddos problems. Kronos has experience in this, combined with high quality it gives people security.

So saying you need an optional x2 is bullocks. I don't mind leveling x1 but if I get the option to level x2 i'm gonna do that. And no matter how hardcore and traditional you are, you will be tempted to go x2 at some point in your lvling progress.

I'm still pro BG queueing from a command or from innkeepers until lvl 59. This way the people who think the leveling process is too tedious can take a break from it sometimes. If they have to wait until lvl 60 for some action a lot might quit before reaching lvl cap. Don't tell me they can world pvp it's really not the same.

Last edited:
16 slot debuff limit missing.
After I played on Kronos there are just so many things I take for granted. I couldn't even remember that this was broken at some point.

Jorim, feenix is trying to delay as much as they can. Cento is absolutely right about that. What you are right about is that they can't fix bosses properly and thus try to increase their difficulty (when infact it just adds more random wipes due to oneshotting) by raising damage and HP of the encounters.

Well i think they probably have a copy paste of warsong's aq40 ready for ED when kronos is launched with or without a dumbed down aq war effort.

But that's a high expectation.

Just because you can switch to higher rates, does influence other players who play on smaller rates. With higher rates, people "jump" over content way faster. And even with lower rates, you can make parties for dungeons 24/7, as it gears you and gives plenty of exp. Don't get cocky on my definitions too.

This jumping isn't really that noticable, all you can do is skip a few very annoying quests, other than that the path is still very linear. Actually dungeons have very poor exp with 1x rates in vanilla, as stated before on a few different occasions that was the exact same reason why Blizzard increased experience gained in dungeons. Questing is faster experience than grinding dungeons in vanilla to be honest.

I'm not getting cocky - you aren't really bringing anything that couldn't be easily debated to the table and you keep pointing out things I've already discussed in great detail within my previous posts. Repeating myself for your amusement / short attention span is getting old.

So, with higher rates, people would skip zones faster, which supply them for profession regents and gear. Think about it. And stating that there would be no auctions in first month is absurd - I, for example, will want to start making silver or gold on the first day. Even if the prices will be low - there still will be a demand in the first week!

You couldn't afford to really skip entire zones with 2x experience, I've discussed that in detail aswell. They would get the profession reagents anyway, because time spent on professions is actually exactly the same for 1x rates as it would be for 10x rates. I've also discussed this in great detail and brought out a lot of examples in an previous post. Profits on AH are almost non-existent during the first week and so is the demand as people cling on to every silver they posess. While yes people will start using the AH, but it has always been a lot less popular as people do vendor pretty much everything.

With 2x rates, players will reach lvl60 faster, and I, personally, wouldn't want to join a realm, which is already mostly packed with 60's, than players, that are even crowded in places like Wetlands and Stranglethorn Vale.

Well if all the players were like you then fresh blood would stop flowing into new servers 1-2 months after they release, because by then there's a significant amount of level 60s running around. Ohh and places such as Wetlands and STV are always full of life for the first ~6 months of a server, irregardless of how many lvl 60s are jumping around in Org/IF.

I think this game isn't about - How fast can you reach lvl 60? How many days will you "save" from leveling to start finally gearing up for raids? It's about getting there! It's about reaching the lvl 60!

This has been a major argument of mine this entire time, most of you, who debate me only point out what you think and how you feel (You even type it out "I think this", "...but I feel this way" etc.) You disregard that there are several other ways people on this server might think and feel. And I've stressed that you should start taking that into account that's why I'm pointing out compromises.

And all you do is attack me with your "I think.." and "I feel this way". Matters the golden middle road of what we all think, not just what a few individuals think and you don't even have the upper hand of owning the popular opinion anyway. I've been trying to point this out in every single post and You and Cento keep ignoring it.

Also it's not just about saving days on this or that - It's about getting different players bases to join, so we would build up a healthy population. Because it actually does matter to some player groups if they are able to save a day leveling or not. And that means we need to take into account what more than one group of people thinks and we have to compromise, you are really missing my point as you keep bringing up stuff I've already broken down to molecule level and explained to you.

You don't really know how it would affect the population, you are just assuming it would double or triple or w/e.
What about how many people would not like to play on a 2x server?

There could be just as many people that would not join if it had more then 1x. I think you are trying way too hard to force this server into something most don't want, nor need.

As you i said before, to each his own,
and that is just you opinion , none of the stuff about tripling the player base and those % aren't facts, they are just what YOU think will happen.

I've been following different WoW vanilla servers for 5 years and the ones with 4-12x rates have always had ~4-5 times more people playing on them and that is fact, so I'm using this as a basis on building up my case. You see I've got evidence you can check up by yourself and this evidence can be used make realistic assumptions. Remember I'm not shooting from the hip, I've got proof and fact, which I use to build these realistic assumptions. They use these very same methods to conduct all different kinds of authentic studies, which are accepted in the scientific communities - you see, there is a difference how You and me make these "assumptions". You "feel this..." and You "think that..." my assumptions are realistic and based on fact & proof of private server census data and player base build up and how things have been going and happening for the past 5 years, these aren't mere "assumptions" these are the most potential realistic scenarios waiting to happen.

You're right, I was modest and went with "triple", could have gone with "quadriple" and it would still be a realistic possibility.

Based on this info I can also make up a realistic scenario, that we would lose less players if a portion of the 1x rate promoters left, we would still end up gaining ~3x more people, who prefer above 1x rates.

Yes, to each his own, but as mentioned before I'm not merely shooting from the hip and dreaming like you are.
The things I say are actually versions of the most realistic scenarios waiting to happen. And I've been careful with my prognosis, always explaining everything down to the simplest level and having some proof to back up my claims or "assumptions" as you like to call them.

So please, stop trying to call me out and make me look bad, It's not really working as you think it is. And stop pointing out matters I've already broken down and debated in my previous posts.

And as i have said before having different exp rates, devalues the effort of people that do standard 1x exp.
And if you say it will only boost you 25%, why do you even need it then, if its so minor?
This server doesn't need 2x to lure people in, they will come because of the quality alone if it is as good as they say it will be...

Because as I've already pointed out in every single post I've made (yet you are still blind to it and you keep bringing this up) that I personally don't need it. But different player groups have different preferences and we need a golden middle road, we need a compromise and this would work for both the 1x rate fanboys and the 2-12x promoters. this would make everybody happy and lure in a piece of pie from every flavor. It would help build up a greater population and a stronger player base in general. It would be a small price to pay and it would meet everybody half way. Quality alone is a huge factor, but doesn't cut it on it's own. The server population will make or break this project

Now I'm done with debating both of you, you haven't really been bringing anything new to the table and you aren't really getting my point. I just hope more people read through my posts and actually understand what I'm going at.

Last edited:

For you maybe. For me, no.

Yes the leveling is a major part of this game. So is the endgame and the majority of players, even on Emerald Dream which do run on 1x only, are after the vanilla endgame because Emerald Dream had a full PvE reset as if the game was renewed from scratch vs. the already existing endgame on Warsong that had Naxxramas open for a few months when the new server launched.
Emerald Dream had tons of players at launch, even beating Warsong on population the first month for sure, but many eventually stopped because 1x leveling was not worth the time and grind to redo vanilla progressive endgame. Today, Emerald Dream probably have 1/3 of Warsongs population because people can't stand 1x leveling, not just because its alot slower, but because how vanilla wow leveling was and that it was way too much grinding needed to even stay inline with quests before they became very tough to complete (and then when those was complete then there was only orange/red quests left)

But no, too high rates is bad and 1x-3x is more than enough. People will still have to do all quests in most zones but can perhaps skip a zone now. Instead of doing STV, Desolace, Shimmering Flats in Thousand Needles, Alterac Mts., Arathi Highlands, Badlands, Dustwhallow Marsh to stay intact with questing from 30-40 then now they can possibly skip atleast one of these zones if not two if they grind some. They still have to do majority of the questing in some of these zones and there will still be activity there and people who do not want to do 1x will certainly be more attracted to leveling to reach endgame when they know that they will not be behind quests.
If Emerald Dream had toggle option to choose 2x or 3x then they would easily have near double population today, even if they lost 1x fanatics who would threaten to quit if its not 1x only.

1x-3x vote for me (1x-2x can work but very dependable on amount of quests that work + dungeons that are 100% working as intended)

Also Voltaire are making tons of valid points. Read his post above me.

Feenix is not postponing anything, and saying the server will die if you can kill everything is bullocks. I have seen tens of guilds disband on Warsong when frostwyrm lair wasn't available because they just get tired of waiting, and tired of the same bugs in naxx or even new bugs arising...

The way 4HM and KT are scripted is just the best way they can, mind control is some basic thing that is broken so you can't make KT work. Because the encounters are scripted in a simplified way they counter that by giving the bosses more hp, there is also no 16 debuff limit (causing higher raid dps).
And one of the reasons that warsong has so much geared people is its steep gearing curve. You lvl to 60 x12 and then you can buy all bis blue items from dungeons and 20 man raids from vote points. Grab a couple of epix from 20 mans and when i was a lock recruiter thats all you needed to get in a aq40 guild. You can do that in 5 days /played easily. Doesn't even get you lvl 60 on a x1 server. This increases the amount of people that can raid naxx substantially. And above that you can donate for pretty much every epic item or legendary if you are prepared to pay the right amount.

Emerald dream has the same issue with the lack of fixing, really only ZG and BWL released after 2 years while it is just copy paste from Warsong. But still it proves that a x1 server is very viable. It has a healthy population and hasn't shutdown (yet).

For me there is one thing ED and Kronos have in common:
Kronos is the first realm to be also part of a bigger project, so there is experience in running a server. If someone starts a char here they know it will still be there in 2 years. That's where scriptcraft, q-gaming and the rebirth failed. People need security. On scriptcraft you didn't have security so your character started at lvl 48. Rebirth had financial problems and legal problems cause they hosted it in north america. Q-gaming had ddos problems. Kronos has experience in this, combined with high quality it gives people security.

So saying you need an optional x2 is bullocks. I don't mind leveling x1 but if I get the option to level x2 i'm gonna do that. And no matter how hardcore and traditional you are, you will be tempted to go x2 at some point in your lvling progress.

I'm still pro BG queueing from a command or from innkeepers until lvl 59. This way the people who think the leveling process is too tedious can take a break from it sometimes. If they have to wait until lvl 60 for some action a lot might quit before reaching lvl cap. Don't tell me they can world pvp it's really not the same.

Ohh yes Feenix is postponing content, it's so painfully obvious that anyone, who has been keeping his eyes open whils't raiding & playing on Warsong for 2-4 years can see it and usually agrees with it at least to some degree. It's a known fact that the server makes ~5-7k euros from donations every single month (Claudian talked about custom transactions taking place every month, which are worth up to 1,5k euros each, before he left the circle.) and they want to keep it that way.

There is a reason why that server is being run from the balkans, some of the EU laws don't apply there and Blizzard's hands are tied when it comes to legal matters. It's also the very reason why ED wasn't shut down when some of the other less known projects were all under investigation. ED was the only project which slipped away with a single modification in the legal name and a few workarounds here and there.

4HM and KT are FAR from being scripted in the best manner, even Claudian (Former super moderator) himself confessed that they rather wouldn't intend to let anybody kill KT ever and that they are keeping KT alive as long as they can possibly get away with. The inner circle of the staff is fully aware that the population would start slowly declining and the server would start dying.

That is also the very same reason why they attack all potentially competetive WoW projects, to keep their monopoly unquestioned and make the people, who leave crawl back in shame, this has also been confessed by a few moderators over the course of the years (They talked about how they attacked both Q-gaming projects relentlessly and harassed Scriptcraft. Even Scriptcraft admin, Gummy, himself admitted that they traced the attacks back to Feenix.) It's also no secret that they are behind the DDoS attacks on Rebirth.

It's no secret that Feenix servers are used solely for the purpose to make as much money as they can and sustain that income as long as possible. That's why they even tried to implement donations on ED some time ago (They promised they absolutely never would), but it was met with a negative outcry from the community.

You yourself even confess that they haven't been releasing content in a long time, yet you choose to remain blind to the obvious. You mention that you've seen a dozen guilds disband because Feenix held back releasing Frostwyrm Lair, although they were boasting about having a fully scripted Saph & KT 2 years ago.

They sometimes choose not to fix things on purpose.

Last edited:
It'll never be 1x rates so long as the rebirthretards keep screaming about it. I wish their containment server would come back.

I didn't even vote in the poll, as I don't care about rates, but Voltaire's posts make way more sense than this mindless repeating of the OMGBLIZZLIKEFEELINGDONTYOUDAREMOVEHOGGERTWOYARDSTOTHELEFT phrase.

(forum can't handle long words:( shame on Eth0!)

I'd like to make a point that among the people that never made it to lvl 60 on Emerald Dream, it is possible that some of them gave up because of the quality and not the x1 experience. Maybe they were put off by the bugs they encountered along the way in instances and quests ([30] The Attack in stormwind comes to mind). Encountering things that don't work doesn't really motivate someone to lvl x1. Combining that with the complaints you hear the lvl 60's make, It's the main reason I only made it to 50.

I'd like to make a point that among the people that never made it to lvl 60 on Emerald Dream, it is possible that some of them gave up because of the quality and not the x1 experience. Maybe they were put off by the bugs they encountered along the way in instances and quests ([30] The Attack in stormwind comes to mind). Encountering things that don't work doesn't really motivate someone to lvl x1. Combining that with the complaints you hear the lvl 60's make, It's the main reason I only made it to 50.

Exactly why I and a friend stopped at 48. ZG was so disappointingly broken.
Currently super excited for a new quality x1 server. Can't wait to start levelling again.

I lvled on ED to around 25-30 and stopped because 30% if not more of all quests are bugged, instances were bad all around, bosses too low lvl,rare mobs not working, aggro sucked.. etc etc... just a shit storm of a server and that is why i left, that is why most of the people leave pre-60, because they see the bad bugs and bugged low level content and don't bother lvling to 60 because is prolly going to be just as bugged and bad at 60...

@Voltaire the only thing i agree on is maybe having 2x in dungeons...

but hey its really not up to me or you! ... so we will see what the devs will decide.

...Emerald Dream had tons of players at launch, even beating Warsong on population the first month for sure, but many eventually stopped because 1x leveling was not worth the time and grind to redo vanilla progressive endgame...

Bingo! You grasped a major part of what I'm getting at. You see the main reason ED started out so well wasn't only because it was promising - It was a brand new server with a fresh start and there hadn't been a promising fresh server released in ~2 years.

People were hyped to start playing again and starting out fresh with equal opportunity to start gearing up again and trying their luck at the first PvP ranks etc, the reason the population number was so great was that people hoped that they could endure through the 1x rate for the sake of a fresh start, they hoped they could ride it out and endure the rocky path to endgame, but unfortunatley many of the various player groups couldn't and that was one of the main reasons why the population plummeted. ~half the players just weren't up to leveling to 60 with 1x rates and they got tired and crawled back to Warsong (or wherever they came from.)

But because the Feenix project still had a decent and above avarege reputation back then and they advertised a lot, it still stayed alive and steadily grew a bit (this doesn't apply to Kronos' as this project isn't famous enough), unfortunately never really living up to the full potential due to the massive amount of players lost to the nature of the 1x rate server.

This is the same scenario we are facing now. We've got an enormous amount of potential players, just have to meet them half way), who detest 1x experience rate, looking to get in on a fresh, uncorrupt, well scripted server aswell, but we've sealed them off because we've announced we're staying 1x rate (It is only an illusion existing within this community that the majority wants 1x rates. There's a 3-4x greater pool of potential players out there, who are overlooking this project because announcing 1x rate already scared most of them off before the project went live.)

That's why I kindly ask to read through my previous posts and try to see why I'm proposing this golden middle road as a compromise, to make the best of this opportunity, seize it and claim a portion of all different player groups looking to get in on a fresh server, unfortunately most of them aren't up to the task of leveling as 1x rate. So it would be necassary to meet them half way and at least give them the impression that their wishes weren't left unattended and they weren't left empty handed by giving the optional chance of leveling with a 2x experience rate.

It would potentially increase the population by up to ~3x and it wouldn't harm the server (the few players who might leave are nothing compared to the incoming mass if this sacrifice is made.) As it would be a compromise for the hardcore 1x rate fanbase and the people looking to level up with 2-12x rates. As it would give them the opportunity to lose the hopelessly grindy feeling and it would cater to all various different groups of players. Yes half the server would spend 6 days /played leveling instead of 8 days /played, but it would all have been worth it in the long run as we see the population grow rapidly. We would cater to 3-4 different player groups instead of just one.

In the end the population and success of the launch will determine the fate and longetivity of this project. As the more people we get on board, the faster we will grow, the more of an MMO experience this server shall feel. And it will draw in an even greater influx of new players as word gets around. It just has an effect like this. Need to get the ball "rolling" first, that's why we need to appeal to more player groups.

There happens to be a mass of several hundred unsatisfied active players, who are actively speaking out how pissed they are with a certain most populated private server, but they have nowhere to go. They are also looking for a new home and a fresh start right now, just have to meet them half way, 2x rates would be enough to lure in and appeal to a great number of them. I know this for a fact, because I've spoken to a large number of them and I've kept my eyes & ears open. They are set off by the 1x rate, but they would give this server a try if they were to be met half way and granted the opportunity to level with 2x rate. I'm not promoting this without a reason - I want to see this project skyrocket & flourish, but we do need to appeal to more than 1-2 player groups for this to take place.

Actually a great number of addicted WoW players function as a swarm of traveling grasshoppers. They populate a new server, enjoy the fresh start and they savor the process, build up to around AQ40 and after that they get a bit bored with the server and 2 years later they are looking for a new server to repeat the process, as the overall experience is always most fun & intrigueing until around AQ40 content. That's the opportunity we have now. A great swarm of traveling grasshoppers are looking for a new field to populate and swarm, and we should seize this opportunity. 1x rates on ED worked as pesticide and kept this swarm at bay. That's why we should opt for an 1x rate realm with the optional setting of 2x rate. In a perfect world there should be a new server released every 2-3 years. Right now this swarm is getting restless and is on the move once again.

There's an enormous potential within our reach, just have to make a small sacrifice and reach out and claim it.

Last edited:
Valid points, i hear the "cba x1" a lot...

We need some serious marketing research for this. Population makes or breaks it in the end

Optional 2x lvling would be very good for population I think. Talked to a lot of people on my actual server->they all said: Damn 1x lvling sucks. Who cares what happens before endgame... Endgame is important for the most players. Also everyone is happy to find party members at lvl 60. I also lvled my character on 2x exp on my server. Playing there more than half a year and nearly have BiS gear actual content. Maybe I wouldn't ever reached 60 without 2x exp ;) pro 2x exp. But everything above 2x exp is shit I think.

Valid points, i hear the "cba x1" a lot...

We need some serious marketing research for this. Population makes or breaks it in the end

If people would carefully read through my enormous ~20 posts, they would find that I've already presented much of this marketing reseach, my claims are backed up by facts and I'm not just blindly assuming things. Everything I'm "preaching" is built on a solid base and it all makes sense, I'm also explaining everything in great detail and approaching the "issue" from several different points of view, doing my best to bring out every detail and argument possible. I've countered every argument presented against my claims, I've put a lot of thought and effort into explaining this and breaking everything down to the most simply understandable levels.

Last edited:
According to the polls and comments, non-x1 will disappoint a lot of people. But would they play here on x1-2? IMHO - overwhelming majority will, true Kronos fans are already addicted to Kronos enough :) And for sure Kronos would attract a lot of new people if the rates won't be x1 only. We all need population...

So maybe the poll isn't the thing the administration have to follow.

P.S. I voted exactly for x1/x1-2 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom