• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information What Experience Rates You Prefer?

Experience Rates

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The poll options are all 1-Xx. You have the option to level at 1x if you'd like, why drag people who don't want to kill boars for 2 months with you?

1x should be standard, 2x via events e.g. weekendevents or through eventitems, random world drops, etc. so you can choose if and when want to have a boost.

I'd end up playing here regardless what the rates are. However, if I was able to chose from the given 5 options I'd pick anything besides x1. Perfectly working server or not, leveling a character for what must now be 200th+ time is a chore. I can see the appeal of taking it slowly and really enjoying the experience, but I don't understand the necessity to behave as if this is the first time playing the game for so many of us, which I would gladly debate isn't the case.

Regardless what the Staff decides, I hope that they don't bind us down to simply x1. For those of us that have no interest in looking at every flower, reading every piece of text and farming mobs for hours on end, with what can only be described as miserable respawn timers; I hope we're given some sort of a alternative, even if it is just x2.

Seeing as the choices are 1-or-something-else, I suppose that voting for any option implies that we're fine with x1. But as for now, there are 195 votes for x1 and 204 votes seem to be saying they're fine with x1 but that they would like some sort of a alternative to, a notion which I'm a part of. Although, I kind of messed up in that I didn't notice this was a multiple choice poll before it was too late. I voted for 1-3 as I believe that that is the optimal range. None of these rates, even if you picked the highest(x3), would get you to 60 in a frame of time that anyone with a sane mind would refer to as "very fast", yet it is undeniably faster then what the fanatics seem to have in mind. Which, one could argue, is no more then fair if you've been at this for 10 years and it's grown old.

The reason I called it "the optimal range" is because it is a happy middle. And when I'm saying this, I'm not thinking of my own time investment in the game, because, as I've already said, I will most likely end up playing here for a couple of years. Whether it takes me 1 month or 3 months to get to 60 isn't a major concern to me. What I'm focusing on with this statement is the future. I feel that having a alternative to x1, so long as it's not lower then x1, is a great way to bring around those that x1 is a complete "no-no" to, to join in and play.

I assume some would argue that this would be going against what "Blizzlike" is. I would argue that it hardly matters how Blizzlike a server is if people are leaving at a higher rate then what people are joining. A counter argument to this would be to point out the very obvious: "There's a x1 server I know that's doing just fine!".

Well, that can be debated rather easily: The-server-that-shan't-be-named-cuz-forum-rules is like that one guild on every server you've ever been on, regardless version, the guild that has the reputation of being the best, even if sometimes it's not. There is a reason why that guild doesn't run out of people, while every other guild seems to be struggling with active population, because they absorb people from guilds that are considered lower in the standing. That guild might disband, due to GL quitting, communication breakdown in higher ranks, but oddly enough it's never because they run out of people. Same thing.

If possible, even if it is just x2, it'd be great to have an alternative. Which I think is also in the best interests of the server itself, but that is just a calculated assumption on my part.

Ultimately, some will have the motivation to do what they've done a couple of hundred times already, once again, others will lack said motivation. So I suppose that it will eventually come down to what the Staff feels about this. My bet is that it will end up being x1. A rather unfortunate conclusion but the one that is most probable.

Nim

1x world xp, 2-3x weekend bonus in dungeons ? to lvl 50 and after 1x :crying::shifty:

As some other people said, the most reasonable thing to do is to leave it 1x, and do weekend bonus EXP events in dungeons or something like that to satisfy people that want faster leveling and still be cozy for hardcore players.

I think it should be 1x like the majority. Wouldn't have anything against something like 2-3x in some weekends or so :) Doubt it would hurt anybody, would actually like it. After reading the other comments this seems to be the best solution. Like a community buff.

Last edited:
1x all the way , the only thing that wouldnt scare me away from here would be 2x at weekends in dungeons

It has been said once, but I will rerun it :biggrin:
Absolutely 1x
It shows dedication, and makes it that much more satisfying to ding 60, let alone get the PvP titles which is my one and only aim!

1x is like it used to be in the olden days, so it should be.

I voted for 1x. As the saying goes, the journey is more important than the destination. I see no point for players who want to get to max level as quickly as possible to be on this server. To me, the vanilla content has always been the jewel of WoW. Since 2006, that content has been, for the most part, bypassed by most players. This is an opportunity to enjoy the content at level as intended by the original designers...Yes, yes back in the day when we all went to school walking uphill in the snow...It was when getting a Paly or Warlock mount meant something.
I quit retail-wow years ago because I got tired of relearning the game every six months when a one group or the other pissed and moaned until their class was changed. I look forward to this server and playing the game as it should be played...hard content mastered by skilled players.

Definitely 1x, just like the old days.

It would be fun to have some times a 2x rate for a weekend or a celebration, but only that, a celebration like the server's first anniversary, or the launch of a new raid (if you plan to launch raid tiers sequentially) so people can catch up a bit with an alt or something, or even main.

Very exclusive and seldom, not every weekend just because.

Last edited:
I believe that saying whatever rate higher then 1x is better just to get to 60 faster is absurd. It's not about getting to cap faster it's about learning your class and just experiencing the whole game and meeting new people! Once you get to 60 you'll say "Holy shit, I earned that!" and you'll shout out loud because you JUST HIT 60! Remember that feeling? Retail feels like 2-4x rates and it sucks balls! (for me at least :/) Everyone moves so fast and there's no time to appreciate all the time and effort the creators worked for. Kronos has done enough for us to do 1x rates, they've worked very hard for this realm and all for free!

1x rates ftw

1x is the best imo becouse it keeps everything balanced and a growing community in a good progressing way over time. Game and AH and so on aswell as economy is balanced aswell.

Retail feels like 2-4x rates and it sucks balls! (for me at least :/) Everyone moves so fast and there's no time to appreciate all the time and effort the creators worked for.
It's funny because back in 2006 I felt like I was the only person actually taking in everything I was seeing on the way to 60. Everyone else was power-leveling, folk that never played WoW before!

To be fair I doubt I'm going to take my time on round 2 because, let's be honest - I've already seen it. That and I'll have friends waiting for my first 60 so I can level with them on an alt and provide material support en route (14 slot bags, fuck yeah). What I HAVEN'T seen is all of the multitude of things you do at 60 and that's what I wanna take my time with.

x1 is fine for Kronos though.

Hmm...i vote for 1-2x.....average time for 60 is around mouth as they say.
PS:I see some server with Options ingame(dont sure it is work) for xp....i mean u chose x1 or x3.
At all i like true blizz exp and maybe some player will leave be coz of long leveling time..but true gamer will stay :cool2:

All options in the pool are "Optional rates". IF anything above 1x will be chosen, you will still have an option to chose if you want 1x or more.

1x since the server is aiming for a true Blizzlike experience and I'm looking for the same. Anything else than 1x will ruin the concept of a classic experience.

1x-2x because I think the 2x will increase server appeal (increased pop) without turning the server into a circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom