• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

What makes you want to play Vanilla World of Warcraft again?

@Rerun

Absolutely, there's no argument there and I agree with everything you say apart from "near flawless system". I would hardly call a system flawless when most (over 90% in the case of Naxxarmas) of your user-base has no access to the content you are creating and distributing.

With this I'm not saying the game should have been dumbed down to what it is today, but I reckon a better solution should have been searched to fairly combine skill with accessibility to the actual raid content by most of your user-base.

But overall I obviously agree, today's retail game has way too much hand-holding, from major things like raids and instances mechanics and maps, to little details like abilities, spells and mobs.

Last edited:
@unrealized

You're right, its not near flawless. I guess that statement is also a bit subjective but actually I did like the fact that there were only a few people with T3 gear. I like those things that seem unreachable only for a select few.
It gave a more epic atmosphere to the game, but I get what you're saying though.

It was the journey that mattered most, not the goal.
Yup, honestly the most fun time on the vanilla private servers ive played on (which are more than i wouldve liked) was gearing up in 5 mans each time. First time mc after retail was fun too but that cooled down pretty quickly.

Subjective to each individual, some peeps love leveling toons others can't wait to get it over with to get to the end-game.
The fact the game is so dumbed down and accessible these 10 years after the fact makes me think the later won that never-ending-argument on the forums by sheer number of subscriptions alone, again, most payees were getting the finger when trying to reach top tier content. There was no lack of people complaining high end game was gated by elitist jerks and mechanics.

Personally I liked both journey and end game equally.

Last edited:
Just want to try new party setups for mboxing in good-working vanilla server. + I have very small classic addon experience.
I dont like any aspect of this game except one: level grind and questing

So, I have this idea for a great movie. It's about two gnomes who find a bracelet of power, and they have to take it to the Searing Gorge and cast it into the Cauldron. They form the Brotherhood of the Bracelet. Along the way they're trailed by a murloc named Gottom, who's obsessed with the bracelet, and nine bracelet bogeymen. It could be a three-parter, called 'Ruler of the Bracelet'. The first part would be called 'The Brotherhood of the Bracelet', followed by 'A Couple of Towers', with the climactic ending called 'Hey, the King's Back!

So, I have this idea for a great movie. It's about two gnomes who find a bracelet of power, and they have to take it to the Searing Gorge and cast it into the Cauldron. They form the Brotherhood of the Bracelet. Along the way they're trailed by a murloc named Gottom, who's obsessed with the bracelet, and nine bracelet bogeymen. It could be a three-parter, called 'Ruler of the Bracelet'. The first part would be called 'The Brotherhood of the Bracelet', followed by 'A Couple of Towers', with the climactic ending called 'Hey, the King's Back!

I love you

Silly.. :thumbup1:

Yup, even heard the voice.

Vanilla WoW was fun for me because it took time. It was a mix of skill and investment. There were things in the game you would never get (hand of rag) and that was ok... made it feel more epic. I liked that it took time to accomplish anything huge and that you needed to be social.

1.12 isnt going to give those exact feelings.... but it will be close enough.... better than anything else out there anyway.

I remember not getting a single gear upgrade on my shaman for 6 months (raiding 3 times a week), but I was there for a large portion of our guilds "first downs"... a lot of the time using our own strategies... That was probably the most fun I had in the game, really felt like part of the team.

hoping to re live a bit of that when this server is out!

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
This is my very first post here on the forums, nice to meet you all.
I'm very happy and excited about finding this comunity, and I can't wait to play here! You guys are really doing an awesome job.

But, what makes me want to play Vanilla World of Warcraft again?

Well, I started to playing WoW exactly at patch 1.12.1, but on private servers, not on retail. At that time I still was a kid, and couldn't afford to play on retail (specially for being from outside USA/Europe).

I enjoyed so much the game, and I loved that it was hard to do almost everything (I came from another game that was actually more hardcore), but I didn't have the chance to experience WoW at its full potential because of playing on private servers, and considering that in that time the emulators were just being created, now that I think about it, it sucked. So I want to play what you offer: Vanilla WoW as close as it was back then. Besides, I don't like how the actual WoW has evolved, it turned to a game I don't enjoy that much anymore.

I'm looking forward to play with you all.

Regards.

I started playing WoW in 2012 but I've heard/seen earlier versions of it and wants to relive it as it was when it was new :smile:

Regarding all the things I saw about Kronos, now I can affirm that I want to play Vanilla WoW again thanks to Kronos wich is my last hope in the middle.

So Yeah. World Of Warcraft is Addicting.. Really Addicting.
But when i turned on WoW(retail) a week ago, i just couldnt feel it.
Its Soul.

When i play Vanilla, even for 5 minutes.
I feel its soul.
Its a Genuine game thats both easy to understand and complex at the same time.

It Retail today you do not build a character, you click two buttons and then you're finished.

Vanilla Wow Feels Relaxed, there is no rushes, there is no hurries.
Just play and it flows.

5Min in Vanilla is nothing, 5 min in Retail today is half an instance.

There is alot in Vanilla i would want to fix, some classes and speccs feels gimped.
But i have to just go with the flow and play what works.

Im not good at writing texts that have a red line. So i hope you understand what i meant.

For me it's the journey at endgame from fresh geared 60 to pre-bis MC to progressing through all raid tiers until I reach the goal of KT down, not the journey to reach endgame. That journey is still part of the game but it's not THE core.

the whole game is the journey from start to finish, and there should be no faster rates or skipping in anything.. from 1 to full geared 60 that is all part of the game! 1x all the way.

I joined vanilla back in mid '06, so I never really had the opportunity to play end game content. My friend (who ran a LAN center) was the guild master to one of the biggest and oldest guilds on one of the original servers. After he got me into the game, never helped me, never bothered to send me gear. So at lvl 40 I lost interest.

My favorite moment though was being run through SC (still my favorite dungeon) and on the first go in the Armory, I picked up my scarlet tabard. I was actually proud of having that, as it was actually rare.

So if there is already people creating guilds and the like, hit me up. Just an FYI (FOR THE HORDE!!) ;)

Everyone knows that sequels can never match the classic. World of Warcraft is no different. WoW Vanilla is just better. Many, many, many, different reasons as to why. To go over them would be to go over ten years of mistake...the true way to see is to play retail and then play a Vanilla private server. I have done this and the differences in game quality are clear.

Then why WotLK was the most successful part of the game? :)

I don't think vanilla is better, it's just.. different.

Top Bottom