• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Character Auction

Your topics were closed cause they were violating Twinstars rules.
I would suggest that everyone who is interest in this to READ https://www.twinstar.cz/manager/Auction/Manual.aspx.

What may be the most interesting part is the character Trade. It works like swapping trading cards with someone. You want what he has, he wants what you have. For example, a 60 rogue for a 60 mage.
If you ever get bored of your current class you have the possibility to find another player who feels the same and switch roles with him.

On a sidenote. Please stay polite :)

Last edited:
Your topics were closed cause they were violating Twinstars rules.
I would suggest that everyone who is interest in this to READ https://www.twinstar.cz/manager/Auction/Manual.aspx.

What may be the most interesting part is the character Trade. It works like swapping trading cards with someone. You want what he has, he wants what you have. For example, a 60 rogue for a 60 mage.
If you ever get bored of your current class you have the possibility to find another player who feels the same and switch roles with him.

On a sidenote. Please stay polite :)

I posted that before i got the private message from you my bad i undnerstand now u where very clear in the message

Questions on this character auction feature

I have a few, but I forget some because I think of others.

Why does everyone assume that most people who take part in purchasing instant 60s, will be "noobs"? I understand the mindset but this is a vanilla wow server, I doubt you will see as many noobs as you did on the retail vanilla wow server. More people than you think, have done their research and have experience playing vanilla wow - although I guess it IS my opinion, but I don't mind saying that I don't know either, I don't see how others do but I guess they're just more down to earth people than me who are more materialistic than me? I dunno what I'm saying, sorry I won't describe all questions dw.

How will this effect the balance of the game, as apposed to if it were going to not have the feature?

To people who are against this feature already (which I am too, but that's because I have these questions): I guess it depends how much this costs.

I dunno, sorry to waste people's time like this but I just got a bit worried, I may not have made my forum account long ago but I knew about the server before that. Don't worry I know I'm not helping or effecting the server apart from maybe negatively because you'd probably classify me as one of those guys who just gets tense and spits on the server because of the amount of time it will take for it to release, but I just wanted to ask the first to questions anyway for the purpose of getting those answers.

Re: Questions on this character auction feature

I only see one question in your post:
How will this effect the balance of the game, as apposed to if it were going to not have the feature?

It will not affect the balance of the game at all. All that will happen is that the person clicking the character's spells will change, the character will still be the same, doing the same things.

As for the cost which you wondered about, the cost of this function will be set by the market. Remember that in order to have any characters for sale, their owners must decide to exchange their hard work for pretty much useless currency. They don't get money, they only get points for which they can buy a cosmetic item and they won't even have a game character to put that item on.
Thus, it's safe to assume that the demand for characters will be higher than the supply, which should make prices rise.

Last edited:

It will affect the balance in such a way that characters that otherwise wouldnt be played now will be played. This means the server will have more tailors/herbalists etc. than it otherwise would have.

It will also allow people to buy geared characters thus avoiding the grind, you could face a bluegeared rogue and defeat him, and the next day face the same person playing another character with better gear and lose.

How prevalent this will be remains to be seen, but saying it won't affect balance at all is refusing to see the bad sides of something you like.

Whilst I can see where you are coming from...I feel that can it is also a positive thing that there is an extra tailor/herbalist or whatever.

The type of person who would sell their character on the character auction would do so because he/she has another character to play on this team of server...why else sell it for twinstar points if you aren't playing on twinstar? This effectively means the population of the server has grown +1. Yes there will be more competition of resources...but why is that seen as a bad thing? really? I would rather be competing for an ore node against 100 other people then 20...you see where I am getting at?

I can understand the server has inflated a little. A person with 2 level 60s can only play 1 at a time. If that person sells one level 60...there can suddenly be two level 60s playing at the same time...that is a type of inflation, though in economics its the good kind...its a level 60 that wasn't suddenly injected into the server (like printing money) it was one that grew value over time (like the shares of the company...and that company has just decided to split the value of its shares 2:1, increasing the overall value...in this metaphor the shares=characters).

Last edited:

[CR]Please, do not turn this into another Hagson-versus-the-rest auction thread. To OP: I recommend you reading through THIS thread. You will find there arguments made by both sides about the "impact" of the auction.[/CR]

Merged.

Last edited:

Whilst I can see where you are coming from...I feel that can it is also a positive thing that there is an extra tailor/herbalist or whatever.

The type of person who would sell their character on the character auction would do so because he/she has another character to play on this team of server...why else sell it for twinstar points if you aren't playing on twinstar? This effectively means the population of the server has grown +1. Yes there will be more competition of resources...but why is that seen as a bad thing? really? I would rather be competing for an ore node against 100 other people then 20...you see where I am getting at?

I can understand the server has inflated a little. A person with 2 level 60s can only play 1 at a time. If that person sells one level 60...there can suddenly be two level 60s playing at the same time...that is a type of inflation, though in economics its the good kind...its a level 60 that wasn't suddenly injected into the server (like printing money) it was one that grew value over time (like the shares of the company...and that company has just decided to split the value of its shares 2:1, increasing the overall value...in this metaphor the shares=characters).

People could sell their characters for stars they intend to use on another twinstar realm, thereby essentially creating a new level 60 as per arguments in other threads.

A herbalist can farm two places at once with near-perfect efficiency increase (as in alt tabbing two herbalists is almost twice as fast as focusing on one herbalist) so, yes you could play two herbalists as once.

Please, do not turn this into another Hagson-versus-the-rest auction thread.

You say this as if I am the only person against this auction system. Don't lie.

It will affect the balance in such a way that characters that otherwise wouldnt be played now will be played. This means the server will have more tailors/herbalists etc. than it otherwise would have.

1. You can't possibly know that. You assume that every character sold will be an "abandoned" character, which may not be the reality.
2. Even if it were true, characters that otherwise wouldn't be played will be played by people that would otherwise most likely play a brand new character. Hardly makes a difference in the grand scheme of things.

It will also allow people to buy geared characters thus avoiding the grind, you could face a bluegeared rogue and defeat him, and the next day face the same person playing another character with better gear and lose.

Which will in no way affect the game balance. You would lose to a different human, but the same game char. If gear is what matters, after the auction, you will still beat that blue rogue should you meet him and fall to that epic characater, no matter the owner.

How prevalent this will be remains to be seen, but saying it won't affect balance at all is refusing to see the bad sides of something you like.

It won't affect balance. I don't refuse to see the bad side of something I like, because I don't like the character auction. I just don't care enough to see it as a horrible thing.

Please, do not turn this into another Hagson-versus-the-rest auction thread. To OP: I recommend you reading through THIS thread. You will find there arguments made by both sides about the "impact" of the auction.

kk, my last post:)

I have merged the topics, it is probably better.
You say this as if I am the only person against this auction system. Don't lie.
No, you are probably not, but you are definitely the only person so obsessed with it. There is a reason why - from all the users discussing the auction - it was your name I remembered.

Last edited:

There's one thing I don't understand, if you don't like that idea of character auction, there is a simple solution: don't play here, go away and play on another server, which don't have character auction. Simple as that.

There's one thing I don't understand, if you don't like that idea of character auction, there is a simple solution: don't play here, go away and play on another server, which don't have character auction. Simple as that.

That isn't fair. So he has a strong dislike to a feature provided by Kronos. He isn't going to overlook everything else because of it...it is not at all a bad thing to have a negative opinion of something. Its like saying "Oh this radio is playing a song I don't like, I won't ever listen to this station again".

There might be more things he enjoys from this server, then any other...shooing someone away because he doesn't worship everything Kronos provides is not right.

this attitude doesn't help anyone. (except for the competition)

People seems to be horribly terrified by "balance" and "fair-play" here on Kronos. As long as I understand complains about multiboxing and cheating (which are the same things by the way), I can't realy get why do people complain about selling WoW character for WoW currency. It does have literally nothing to do with balance. It won't affect balance on the server in ANY way. It may even help by letting someone else play character that was abandoned by other (which will increase population which is never a bad thing).

Also, leveling on a x1 Vanilla server is not something you do on daily basis (unless you are a maniac) and it takes ages, so money earned by it won't ruin balance.

Also, it isn't same situation as buying gold/character for real money. Here, we are talking about TRADING one KRONOS GOOD FOR ANOTHER (virtual currency for virtual character). In what way does it affect market? Gold will go from character "A" to character "B". As it was earned by character "A" by farming/grinding/questing how does it differ from way that in-game Auction House works?

People should calm down a little and stop being so obsessed by the way this server is ought to work. Realy.

Peace!

From what I've read, he's one of the guys, who don't change their opinions no matter what. There are several threads about character auction and in EVERY thread there's Hagson, complaining about character auction, how it's P2W, how it's creating imbalance, etc. If somebody tries to counter his arguments, he just came up with another complain about character auction, and this is happening again and again. I just don't see a point in this. Others came up with reasonable arguments, why character auction isn't P2W, but Hagson swept them off the table.

I played on a TBC server about 4-5 years ago with 2k pop in peak times ... and there was no official character auction. Did that stop people from trading characters? Hell no. All it did was make GMs lose their time worrying about complaints concerning users stealing characters on "black market", etc. ...

So what is the best solution here? Ban for character trading/complete lockdown of characters (to prevent fake "giving my friend a gift") ; no auction = black market and stealing ; auction = no black market, safe trade ... Auction wins for me.

Once again, if you are against it here and you do not go around to all the sites that will be trading accounts for real money to stop it there too you're just blowing smoke up everyone's ass. Either you're going to be fighting everywhere to stop it, or you should just quiet down. Deciding that it's bad where it's legal isn't stopping it anywhere else. Only wanting to stop it where it's legal is only hurting the server because then they won't get any income from this source, whereas some people will be powerleveling and then lining their pockets with their own money, and you'll be oblivious to it all anyway.

On a sidenote. There also won't be more characters for professions. That argument is so invalid.
If a herbalist is on my account together with 3 other 60s or if it is on a new players account does not increase the number of herbalists in the server.
Ffs if you want to make a point just ensure it is a valid one.

There is one thing that really pisses me off about the auction.
Its threads like this :p

1. You can't possibly know that. You assume that every character sold will be an "abandoned" character, which may not be the reality.
2. Even if it were true, characters that otherwise wouldn't be played will be played by people that would otherwise most likely play a brand new character. Hardly makes a difference in the grand scheme of things.

If this happens even once it has affected the balance in a negative way.

The rogue thing doesn't necesarily affect balance, correct. It just feels unfair to me but let's not debate that since it's more of a "feeling" thing and cant really be argued about to any proper extent.

I played on a TBC server about 4-5 years ago with 2k pop in peak times ... and there was no official character auction. Did that stop people from trading characters? Hell no. All it did was make GMs lose their time worrying about complaints concerning users stealing characters on "black market", etc. ...

So what is the best solution here? Ban for character trading/complete lockdown of characters (to prevent fake "giving my friend a gift") ; no auction = black market and stealing ; auction = no black market, safe trade ... Auction wins for me.
Once again, if you are against it here and you do not go around to all the sites that will be trading accounts for real money to stop it there too you're just blowing smoke up everyone's ass. Either you're going to be fighting everywhere to stop it, or you should just quiet down. Deciding that it's bad where it's legal isn't stopping it anywhere else. Only wanting to stop it where it's legal is only hurting the server because then they won't get any income from this source, whereas some people will be powerleveling and then lining their pockets with their own money, and you'll be oblivious to it all anyway.

There's a huge, HUGE difference between making rules against people selling characters and actively pursue and ban people for doing so and actively encouraging.
On the one hand you say "This is a problem, let's try to fix it." and on the other you're saying "We cant fix it to 100% so let's make some easy money.".
Saying something is againt the rules and banning people for breaking said rules deters peope from breaking rules. Aka, forbid character auctions and less character auctions will happen.

On a sidenote. There also won't be more characters for professions. That argument is so invalid.
If a herbalist is on my account together with 3 other 60s or if it is on a new players account does not increase the number of herbalists in the server.
Ffs if you want to make a point just ensure it is a valid one.

There is one thing that really pisses me off about the auction.
Its threads like this :p

There will be more characters with those professions, the argument is valid.
Here's a scenario:

I play on Kronos, but get tired of the grind and decide to reroll to Twinstars cataclysm realm. Had there not been auctions my herbalists would have been abandoned. But since auctions exist I sell my herbalists so I can buy a nice mount on the cata realm, and Kronos now has one more herbalist than it otherwise would have.

A buyer with any sense puts this character on another account than his other herbalist, allowing him to increase his herbfarming efficieny, thus affecting the economy, and allowing the buyer to gain an advantage over people who do not buy characters.

A way to fix most of the balance and P2W problems with this system, while still retaining most of the benefits would be to make it a strictly "Character trading system" rather than a "Character auction system".
That way one person wouldn't be able to get more characters (=options=advantage) than anyone else, and people would still be able to reroll to another class should they tire of their mains.

More gatherer won't get you any more income.
On Kronos are no static spawns, where you can park another charakter and log in at a specific time.
So more then one gatherer will not gain you any slightest advantage.

From what I've read, he's one of the guys, who don't change their opinions no matter what. There are several threads about character auction and in EVERY thread there's Hagson, complaining about character auction, how it's P2W, how it's creating imbalance, etc. If somebody tries to counter his arguments, he just came up with another complain about character auction, and this is happening again and again. I just don't see a point in this. Others came up with reasonable arguments, why character auction isn't P2W, but Hagson swept them off the table.

Don't try to downplay this by martyring Hagson. There have been plenty of others with the same viewpoint. Crying about Hagson doesn't turn the argument into your favor no matter how often it is repeated.

FYI pro auction arguments are just as full of shit if not more. First it brings money to the server it needs to survive, next it is so rare it never gets used. Make up your minds. "It happens anyway, allowed or not!" "You won't ever notice if player changes behind the character!" If someone is stupid enough to flaunt it on forums or in game report him and get him banned, just like in retail or other private servers. This isn't some Minority Report world where every offence is punished. Abandoned gatherer/crafter turns into a gatherer
to someone who bought it, I can't even believe the mental gymnastics people use here to twist this around.

TBH this thread should be buried. Auctions is just bad publicity for Kronos right now. Outsiders who aren't invested into this server aren't going to play it down and rationalize it away.

If you have more than one 60's, obviously you can play only one of them at a time. If you sell one of them, it will increase the amount of concurent 60's played overnight. If these characters have gathering professions and the buyer intends to use them as well, the (balance) issue is even bigger. That's my thought process and I think it's quiet valid.

my two cents...

the argument that people will do it anyway is true, but the barrier to entry is higher in that you need to go to external sites, trade in cash/whatever and deal with the risk of getting scammed. this alone is enough to stop a lot of people who simply don't want that risk. another difference is that, from what i've read, the character is just added straight to your current account as opposed to needing to log out entirely and log into another account to play the character you bought on a black market site.

I don't want to go so far as to say having the auction house is pay-to-win, however the notion that somebody with enough money can easily buy their way into content really devalues personal gains. if i see somebody BiS geared i want to be like 'wow, that's some dedication' and not get mad that so and so potentially didn't earn it. I know these arguments stand true even without the auction house but the main point i'm making is that if it's not easy to do then the masses wont do it.

Top Bottom