• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Petition against multiboxing

Only people defending multiboxing are the people looking forward to exploiting it and get an unfair advantage, i love your videos Psojed but you are just kicking a dead horse here.

Well, i can say, that i'm fine with multiboxing and as i've stated in other threads, i don't see a reason to not allow it. Maybe some regulation should be done, but not forbiding it.

PS: I'm not multiboxer and i will never be :wink:

Well I just took a standing with my opinion. I will accept the outcome either way. And I'll return to my lurk mode again because I won't have time to post moar essays :tongue:

Well, i can say, that i'm fine with multiboxing and as i've stated in other threads, i don't see a reason to not allow it. Maybe some regulation should be done, but not forbiding it.

You might change your mind when you're going for a mining/herb node and suddenly get insta killed by a multi-boxer who wants that same node. Against a regular player you'll have a chance to fight it out, but bend over and take it, cuz there's nothing you can do against a multi-boxer. :tongue:

If the devs want a healthy server, they won't allow these forms of cheating.

You might change your mind when you're going for a mining/herb node and suddenly get insta killed by a multi-boxer who wants that same node. Against a regular player you'll have a chance to fight it out, but bend over and take it, cuz there's nothing you can do against a multi-boxer. :tongue:

If the devs want a healthy server, they won't allow these forms of cheating.

Hi, first post for me here. Been expecting the server for quite a while now. looking for a fresh start somewhere else.

Been playing ED since release and i dont completly agree with what most of you guys are saying.
Ive been multiboxing a bit myself and to be honest, the mere fact that i cant pvp with it (in bgs or open world) makes multiboxing a dangerous / time consuming process when not in instances. Whenever i get attacked, im risking a ban if i strike back AND im losing time running all my chars back to corpse, specialy if the dude is camping me. EVEN if hes 6 lvl lower than me, i CANNOT strike back. i cant fight for a node, i cant fight for a chest, im just a punching bag running around trying to go to the closest city to save my skin...

Listen, im not totaly FOR multiboxing. I understand your point of view about killing the ''multiplayer'' aspect of the game, but you gotta be open minded about the fact that, most of us (wow players) are not 12. i'm multiboxing myself cuz i have 3 childs and a wife, thus my playtime is limited to maybe 1hour per 2-3 days IF kids are asleep. ED is also mostly euros, i'm in canada so when im logging to play at 11pm here, its 5am for everyone else. There is just absolutely nobody to do an instance with. Thus the reason i'm multiboxing. I expect the same to happen on this server.

While i may not participate in dungeons as much as other players, i will bring one of my toon to raids and will participate in a guild. i will join dungeon groups with friends / guild members and i will not limit myself to the 5 man dungeons BY MYSELF.

So this is actually what you're banning: people with limited playtime that wants to have fun, by themselves if necessary due to whatever reasons say timezone, playtime, language or merely someone who likes to play alone and will occasionally get to play with the rest of the population.

like everyone else, i will accept the outcome of this. But i cant help but to think that you're not trying to save THE SERVER from the ''evilness'' of multiboxers, but trying to save yourself from any harm could happen to you from a multiboxer.
my 2 cents.

Last edited:
The pair of obstacles for a player to multibox back in pre Burning Crusade on retail servers was paying for multiple accounts each month, and having the hardware to run the clients. Pre Burning Crusade was everything from launch up until the end of 2006, more or less. The hardware requirement to run multiple clients wasn't something that everyone had - in most cases it was a person using a roommate's computer and account while the other person was off doing something else.

So the point is, on pre Burning Crusade retail it was pretty darned rare to encounter a multibox player in open world, much less have the person juggle the multiple clients in an effective manner in PvP due to how primative / non existant software was for it.

So now we're in 2014, almost 2015, when this outdated game is so easy to run on even mediocre contemporary machines like a freakin' Dell GX620 with a 30 dollar graphic card can handle 3 clients at once. Include in with this very well written, modern 3rd party software automating the character commands to the multiple characers on one machine. And now add in the fact that accounts are free on private servers, and the situation is wholly different in circumstances from retail Pre Burning Crusade retail. It's miles away different.

So if the server staff gives their blessing on multiboxing for all aspects of the game, they're going to have to do a serious re write on this part of their website.

http://www.kronos-wow.com/about/

And I'm getting the feeling that they're pretty aware of the glaringly obvious I just posted above.

The strive for cheating is something I cannot understand. If it was single player game - do whatever you like, but in a MMO... hell no! If you guys haven't got much time to play - its ok, this server is not going to be updated to BC any time soon, so you will got your chance to level and raid or pvp - whatever you like, but to cheat to get it sooner is nothing a self respecting gamer would do. And since it is dying breed as almost all good things nowadays, I plea to just play as everyone else. I got not much time to play myself, perhaps much more than some or much less than others, but it depends on me, not on the game/server. Many people will play from NA, so you will get your chance to get to dungeons in your time zone. Simplifying the game is not classic wow was meant to be. It is what cata and mists is now, you can go there if you like, but I guess you are fed up with this shit and want what the game was, so forget the cheats and play as all of us will.

Edit:
Do you want this or this? Well, I know, I don't!

Last edited:
Yep, retail is so great now, that all are getting to the private servers, yeah your point is so much valid, I even cannot begin to comprehend... And you are here because... yeah...

Last edited:
the epic fight between retail and private original....

funny that it is happening on a private server which makes me wonder why Aieris is here.

retail and 1.12.1 are 2 completely different game's and can hardly even be compared by now since they changed literally everything and even few part's of the lore to make it fit the expansions better.

i still like retail but if i had to name a favorite it would be 1.12.1

My conclusion is that while the first kind of multiboxer is harmless to the server, he is also useless, he does nothing to make the server better or worse, whereas the second kind actively disrupts server economy and PvP balance and in worst case he may result in contributing players quitting the server and thus he may actively also disrupt server population.

I personally would feel very disheartened by being beat out at something by a multiboxer. I would feel like I myself had to multibox in order to compete and would probably just get overwhelmed/annoyed and quit. There weren't THAT many multiboxers on live because paying for 5 active subscriptions added up, here it is free so it could EASILY get out of control. I really hope multiboxing becomes a bannable offense. It quite simply would cheapen the server and would not feel like a true blizzlike vanilla experience.

I personally would feel very disheartened by being beat out at something by a multiboxer. I would feel like I myself had to multibox in order to compete and would probably just get overwhelmed/annoyed and quit. There weren't THAT many multiboxers on live because paying for 5 active subscriptions added up, here it is free so it could EASILY get out of control. I really hope multiboxing becomes a bannable offense. It quite simply would cheapen the server and would not feel like a true blizzlike vanilla experience.

your logic here doesn't hold up to critical thinking. this is pretty much like saying you want to quit working because other people are doing more and better work even though it doesn't affect you directly. grass is always greener argument.

your logic here doesn't hold up to critical thinking. this is pretty much like saying you want to quit working because other people are doing more and better work even though it doesn't affect you directly. grass is always greener argument.

Nope, because in your example there is no 'cheating' involved, if you see someone doing your work faster or better it's an incentive to better yourself, to achieve the same results as you see someone else doing.

The same applies to multiboxing, if you see someone doing what you do (farming materials, gearing up for raids etc.) and doing it better than you it provides an incentive to reach that level of mastery, if you see a multiboxer doing that, then you have to multibox to have any hopes of reaching the level of mastery that the multiboxer has.

people aren't going to quit or avoid this server just because pve multiboxing is allowed, to claim this is quite frankly brainfarting and doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.

Yeah I would quit and I know at least 7 other people who plan to play here that wouldn't if multi boxing was allowed.

Nope, because in your example there is no 'cheating' involved, if you see someone doing your work faster or better it's an incentive to better yourself, to achieve the same results as you see someone else doing.

The same applies to multiboxing, if you see someone doing what you do (farming materials, gearing up for raids etc.) and doing it better than you it provides an incentive to reach that level of mastery, if you see a multiboxer doing that, then you have to multibox to have any hopes of reaching the level of mastery that the multiboxer has.

Couldn't have said it better, why cant people just play the game fairly? we all know this crap would be bannable on retail if blizzard wasn't making so much money of it.

Well, one thing - in many threads, everyone complain, that they want 100% blizzlike server without any modifications - On retail, owner of multiple accs can multibox so it should be the same there. If you want it blizzlike, then you should accept good things as well as bad.

Arguing that only few people have been doing it back then is the same as saying - Allow only first 1% of players to kill Kel'thuzad, because it was the same on retail.

Well, one thing - in many threads, everyone complain, that they want 100% blizzlike server without any modifications - On retail, owner of multiple accs can multibox

Yes but on retail the game costs and you pay a monthly subscription for each so if you want it to be as close to 100% and especially regarding multibox then you would have to include those also which you cannot since anything except donation is highly illegal.

there will always be a compromise and you cannot get it 100% since blizzard stealth changed and fixed many things in the game which either cannot be found or proven anymore, and since it is a private server and not blizzard they cannot claim it to be 100% blizzlike unless blizzard gives their consent.

but they can get really close to it.

Yes but on retail the game costs and you pay a monthly subscription for each so if you want it to be as close to 100% and especially regarding multibox then you would have to include those also which you cannot since anything except donation is highly illegal.

there will always be a compromise and you cannot get it 100% since blizzard stealth changed and fixed many things in the game which either cannot be found or proven anymore, and since it is a private server and not blizzard they cannot claim it to be 100% blizzlike unless blizzard gives their consent.

but they can get really close to it.

and how does that relate to banning multiboxing?
It was allowed back then. no matter what you guys ASSUME it was allowed for, the mere fact that IT WAS ALLOWED doesnt make it a cheat in ANY WAY.

It was part of the game, if you wanted to control multiple chars at once and had the money to do it (talking about monthly payments AND hardware wise) then good for you. THE CREATORS WERE ALLOWING IT.

So now quit your bitchy whining, level your own toons the way you want to and let those who likes to play with 5 toons do the same.

I cant believe this thread reached so many pages.

you will once you play on servers like ED from Feenix where it is an open/clear issue when farming or just walking around, it is a matter of equality which forces others if they want to be competitive to do the same.

also as you so finely said
if you wanted to control multiple chars at once and had the money to do it
the issue on private server's is that they cannot add the prize, and the creators allowed it for the mere fact of cash which automatically reduced the number who would do it.

I cant believe that, there are still some people who dont see the superior advantage on multiboxing compare to normal players. (exclude those,who ignoring/hidding it in purpose)

what about this way : multiboxing without paying for accounts is a cheating! .
Lets make everyone multiboxing, and watch how "funny it is" . Can guaratnee,server will be dead after few moths ( if not weeks)

you will once you play on servers like ED from Feenix where it is an open/clear issue when farming or just walking around, it is a matter of equality which forces others if they want to be competitive to do the same.

also as you so finely said
the issue on private server's is that they cannot add the prize, and the creators allowed it for the mere fact of cash which automatically reduced the number who would do it.

first of, i am playing ED atm. The server is so unstable that its the reason im here. Also, ''the creators allowed it for the mere fact of cash'' is assuming something you totaly dont even know. If the game resolved around cash back then, they would have added gear you could buy for a price. competitive or not. instant boost or whatever ppl wanted back then. they didn cuz they had millions and millions of ppl playing. Whats the % of ppl that multiboxed? 0.0001%?? that 5k players from all around the world playing 5 accounts would dramatically change their monthly income? Have you even encountered more than 1 multiboxer on retail? Probably not. they didn do it for money. THEY ALLOWED IT.

Second, ED's rules on multiboxing locks them in instances. You cant kill anyone with multiboxing so you're basically free hks wandering around the world. If you come across 5 shamans, dive in, its free hks OR a ban for them if they strike back.

third. there isnt much issues about ed's farming. BL are cooldown tracked and relayed on different ppls. it doesnt have anything to do with Multiboxing. Next, multiboxed chars tend to be badly geared. if the multiboxers is spreading his toon over multiple nodes. you will not have any problem winning a pvp fight. PLUS, by the time he realise one of his toon is attacked and takes control of it. you will most likely have already won.

fourth. The game doesnt take mac adress into account, the only way to identify multiboxing would be by the user's IP and scanning that will result in identifying anyone playing with their friends / wife / son next to themselves as multiboxer. Is that something you would want for your server? not me. my wife and i will be playing next to eachother when kronos releases.

fifth. IT WAS ALLOWED. it is not cheating. IT WAS ALLOWED BY THE CREATORS. this one goes to Figaro.
No matter how you change the line, no matter which words you choose, IT WAS ALLOWED BACK THEN.

I'm not against multiboxing. i accept and agree over setting rules for them. ED's rules are great. lock them into instances. By the way, if you ever tried multiboxing, you would know it doesnt goes as fast as you guys think it does. you get LOT less xp than solos. instances are not all multiboxable. some of them are, some of them arent. You cant multibox scarlet monastery lbrs or scholo but you can multibox diremaul wailing caverns... Theres a limit to which 1 person can handle in term of CCs running wild into a grp. no matter how good you are, if that sheep breaks b4 time, its over. And this my friend is another reason why multiboxing is actualy alot slower than solos. if you fail a mob in an instance, you wipe. if you do it in a regular grp. the 4 other brains with you picks up the failed CC and life goes on. while they move on, you're running back.

Get your facts right before bashing on multiboxing. its realy not that good.

fifth. IT WAS ALLOWED. it is not cheating. IT WAS ALLOWED BY THE CREATORS. this one goes to Figaro.
No matter how you change the line, no matter which words you choose, IT WAS ALLOWED BACK THEN.

NOBODY SAYS IT WASNT. i didnt say "multiboxing is a cheating". NOBODY SAYS IT WASNT ALLOWED BY CREATORS. This one goes to aftersun.
No matter what you will type now, no matter what words you choose. IT WAS SICK RARE BACK THEN AND PRETTY XPENSIVE.

the cost and also the lack of multibox software caused multibox to be as good as extinct until later in TBC where software started coming for it.

i assume that blizzard allowed it due to the rarity of it and later they considered that they had once allowed it as well as that the multiboxers payed both for game + expansion + subscription and thus considering that this would automatically keep them low and add to blizzards funds so why make a big case out of it when profit and balance was in order.

however a private server has none of those costs to keep them down so why should a player use 1 character rather than 5 or 10 when there is no price difference but the only challenge is setting it up ?

hardcore players will without a doubt do this to be competitive and others who want to feel more safe will do this as well since a single character wouldn't consider ambushing him in world pvp anymore then and he could farm faster and better for no risk or cost...

the game was designed for single character's in mind although since it didn't limit amount of characters to anything except email all people would need to do is make additional email addresses. I am assuming that the reason they limited email addresses to only verify 1 account to be their way to counter multi account creation so a person wouldnt hog all account names or multibox but i cannot know this.

looking at the game and such just doesn't look like they ever intended or wanted multiboxers to exist within it.

Top Bottom