• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Current Pvp Situation and possible Solutions

Frostmages are usefull everywhere - but meleecleave is more powerfull in AB than in WSG.

4240414.jpg

Classic day in WSG

Maredasan, 1 counter spell and 1 healer is out for 8seconds, thats enough to kill 2-3 players in a big pile fight.
You do know that freedom is auto purged/dispelld right? Purge mechanic works just like retail so freedom is the first buff to go. WSG is so caster friendly compared to AB.

We are talking about PuG's, and yea it seems people dont even know how to fake in Vanilla sadface. Most people won't even try to dispell freedom when theyre getting shrekt by 2 rogues or rogue/warri combination. We don't have BOP, healers insta panic when they see bonereaver or comparable (and for a good reason, people can die in 1 Cheapshot/Intercept). + u guys normally have several healers, funny thing is most PuG bgs alliance doesnt even go for a flag, they just zerg mid/def the entire bg.

Frostmages are usefull everywhere - but meleecleave is more powerfull in AB than in WSG.
Nailed it.

I would cut out the melee and leave it at physical damage. Hunters are just as strong in AB.

WSG Alli isn't as dependent on flag carrying druids since BoF gives you more possibilities. Mage FC or Hunter for example.
As horde you are semi-fucked vs a melee heavy team and no druid. Either you fap flags over or get swarmed by rogues or hamstring spamming warriors.

I'm happy to announce that most of terrain glitches are going to be removed from Warsong Gulch with next server update.

Great news, Chero, as allways! Ty very much.

A mindcontrol fix would be great too (enable the alliance/horde-entrance portal for the other faction aswell (so ppl get ported out before their mindcontrol-caped-pets (players) does.) Im pretty sure you are done with WSG then :).

Nevertheless, good job and ty for taking care of us!

I'm happy to announce that most of terrain glitches are going to be removed from Warsong Gulch with next server update.

That is amazing news.

If you don't mind me asking. Are there any meassures being taken to improve the current pvp situation? Possibly an incentive to join BGs or enable same faction BGs for a time untill there are enough alliance and horde queuing for a healthy PvP scene.

I know either aren't pure vanilla, but something needs doing.

Last edited:
Fantastic news Chero, thank you! truly Kronos is worth abandoning any sort of previous playtime on another pserver, fixes like these to ensure a healthy pvp community will only draw more players in the long run.

on a sidenote, as an NA player that doesnt fit NA raid schedules(GY shift), I -still- wonder if I should focus on Horde or Alliance primarily, for the raiding and solo queue pvp when I have the spare time. Not sure if I'll have time to actually reach R9 gear either. I'd like to if I can.

any estimations or advice on how the pvp scene will look in a month or two? which faction is gonna be the underdog?
Do EU guilds take early bird NA players in their raid rosters?

I'm a diehard vanilla fan, but my indecisiveness regarding the long term faction choice, and that 1x grind leave me in need of a little motivation.
If it's like this for a confirmed vanilla warcrack addict, I can imagine how hard it is for people transitioning to the game, and the society(+ trolls/drama) within.

Fantastic news Chero, thank you! truly Kronos is worth abandoning any sort of previous playtime on another pserver, fixes like these to ensure a healthy pvp community will only draw more players in the long run.

on a sidenote, as an NA player that doesnt fit NA raid schedules(GY shift), I -still- wonder if I should focus on Horde or Alliance primarily, for the raiding and solo queue pvp when I have the spare time. Not sure if I'll have time to actually reach R9 gear either. I'd like to if I can.

any estimations or advice on how the pvp scene will look in a month or two? which faction is gonna be the underdog?
Do EU guilds take early bird NA players in their raid rosters?

I'm a diehard vanilla fan, but my indecisiveness regarding the long term faction choice, and that 1x grind leave me in need of a little motivation.
If it's like this for a confirmed vanilla warcrack addict, I can imagine how hard it is for people transitioning to the game, and the society(+ trolls/drama) within.

We definitely need more alliance solo queue ppl.
i will do so when i finally hit 60 with my NE druid.

Well, thank you for the update chero and failed at fixing one of the most important glitch/bug in warsong.
First, that you guys consider the wagon, an object, as a bug is dumb, sad and what ever...
So, let me explain fast for what that wagon stands for... avoiding meeles. reaching that position is as easy as que up for a battleground... (dont tell me that you get interrupted by our hordes from GY, just get a BoF and jump up, you always have at least 1-3 paladins)
So @chero if you begin fixing bugs in warsong then pls be consequent and fix every glitch/bug, because that is just stupid... that means set up invisible walls on every little object which can be a place to avoid meeles (yes, there are some more places)

Ok, let me now explain the real thing why im writing here... you can still jump through the fence ;) (which depends on your MODEL).
Jumping through that fence gives you LoS to everybody and like 50 yards advance to others who have to run around it

p.s.: if you guys dont know every bug/glitch (what ever) then dont fix it, or catch some information about it and fix everything
Greetings

Well, idd this upgrade for fixing glitches wasnt really successfull. Shit happens, if sb can do it - its chero.

Stop playing down the advantage of the wagon (not talking about the jump, talking about tactical advantage - you know that), and beside that the other massive amount of jump & run aktion at horde base.
But cmon, there was a reason why Blizzard removed the wagon in TBC...

Fix all or nothing including and behind the fence of both sides! Otherwise it's just a waste of time.

Greetings
Brutus

Wait, what "bugs" are being fixed here? Jumps and other tricks? They have been there since vanilla. Fucking not cool if you remove those.

So, you guys say it's alright to exploit LoS in the game since it's available because winning at all cost is all that matters right?

the wagon bullshit leads to people straight up wasting hours of people's time, that shit is a -crutch-

horde gy jumping from the east side takes skill and practice, as does jumping from htun exit to the top of the roof to ramp.

this wagon? used every. single. game. and it wont be just by burn either. really lame of you to defend it, man, but expected.
it kills incentive to queue at all, period.

yes the ramp gates should be fixed better as well, the alliance, and horde too to make it fair.

This isn't 2006, guys. wake up.

We play on a Kronoslike server, 5g respec and not 50g.
Kronos crew makes a better version of vanilla then bliz ever could.

Keep this up!

the wagon bullshit leads to people straight up wasting hours of people's time, that shit is a -crutch-

horde gy jumping from the east side takes skill and practice, as does jumping from htun exit to the top of the roof to ramp.

this wagon? used every. single. game. and it wont be just by burn either. really lame of you to defend it, man, but expected.
it kills incentive to queue at all, period.

yes the ramp gates should be fixed better as well, the alliance, and horde too to make it fair.

This isn't 2006, guys. wake up.

get on that wagon is easy as to harass the FC down from it. srsly.

the real joke is hiding IN or under Objects where is no LoS at all! serenery i'm talking about u!

peace

There are similar placed on alliance side of the map. Maybe not as close to the flagroom as the wagon.
Learn to use the map to your advantage, PERIOD.

> places that can be reached by everyone easily -> legit
> model specific placed -> exploit

The argument with TBC removing the wagon is obsolete. TBC was just the start of the homogenization we all try to escap here.

Don't blame horde that you guys only have melees in BGs, its not our fault.

As much as i find the wagon a pain in the ass to deal with it is an all or none fix. If you fix the wagon then you need to remove every terrain exploit of the same category to be fair and, imo, that is just not a good idea nor is it classic.
Yes, 5g respec is not classic either but everyone benefits from it whereas this wagon fix only benefits ally, need some consistency here.

P.S. Burn get your shit together you're running in a premade and using the wagon, gy jump and tun jump, you know you're better than that. Save it for the PuG v PuG games

dude there wont BE pug vs pug games

you guys are blowing it off like its easy to range them off of wagon, protip: when they turtle wagon with heals and range dps, and melee messing with you below, it's worse than FR turtle.

I've tried to break the wagon turtle as melee and ranged alike.
and it may be easy when you have friendlies spawning nearby, but to have an alliance team actually form up enough to even attempt the jump (they dont get much practice :p) and then chase the efc off, he just circles around and plants his ass right there again. the fact that it IS so close to the flagroom makes this totally ridiculous and heavily favors horde in the most basic BG

you retards that think people are going to tolerate that bullshit tactic when the pvp snowball is barely beginning to roll, are in for a huge surprise.

obviously its a threat to the server's health and the devs see that. stop dicking around, chasing people away wasting people's lives if you cant win the game even by non-legit means.

I'm only speaking up because of how serious the issue actually is. pissing off your own playerbase trolling them with this unfair, unintended advantage is NOT going to keep people queueing

I'm gonna stop posting about this crap, I'm only repeating the obvious. I'm not going to waste my only few hours of game time in a crappy wagon turtle wsg that would have been won by either team if there was actual playing going on.

Devs know whats up, best of luck fixing it all! keeps me hanging on to kronos.

No, you are repeating shit.

All I see is that Staff is bowing down to alliances crying and therefore doing the same mistakes as blizz did when they reacted to the few loudmouths and crybabies that made up only 0.1% of the entire community.

While you add it, give BoF to Shamans... EQUALITY

Insteed of hordies to cry rivers again, please do some screenshots and provide all the "bugged" stuff for Devs so they all can be fixed.

Did not both wagons get fixed?
Best PvP patch ever for a private server tbh, this will lead to more fair and fastpaced BGs.

You guys should be ashamed of yourself, Devs doing there best to patch bugs and yes waggon is bugged because of Kronos own LoS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom