• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Current Pvp Situation and possible Solutions

A Character transfer from one side to the other might be an idea, since there's quite a few horde players that probably don't care about the faction and just want to pvp. Why not make an option for a racechange (for gold or stars or whatever), so alliance can get more rnd ppl into bgs? /discuss!

Well the first point might be a possible thing if we do it for a short time around 1 day each 3 months or maybe just once for a short time.

Cant see any improvment if there is a racechange?

All in all its still not our decision - its the kronos-staff especially Chero who decides this. Since Pibie allready declined the idea, we cant expect any changes then. I can live with that - but we can do at least some forum work to change the situation for beginners.

Brutus

I dont care about one person who doesnt want it and who is called Pibie.
Kronos favors premades.

look at this: People who are against this or trying to change the topic into a different way are from the premade and since Pibie is mostly playing in premades or only in groups and is in the kronos-team, wtf is going on then? You think the community requires to fight the kronos-team now?

People in this topic who are fighting against the change because they are afraid of it and are in alliance premade:
Brutus
Pibie
Indaco

Its already a joke. If we consider Pibie's comment as an official statement, then ok. Kronos favors their own premade to have fun in the game by making the game experience of others boring and frustating and coming into the forum and suggestion to wait for more players ... like another 5 years like on F*en*x where nothing changes with more pop and a broken multi-queue.

Kronos-Team has their own premade, its official. The alliance premade has a direct connection to Kronos-Team. I hope if there is nothing positive coming to these 2 changes mentioned and explained in details then i hope the pvp scene on this server and even in more aspects of the game gets influenced and thrown back at those who were here in this topic to protect their dirt from the salvation of the issue.

It certainly would help if certain level 60 Undead Rogues wouldn't gank lowbies in Darkshire.

Last edited:
Why not reroll like everyone do?
I feel you guys pushing this like a server problem rather like a community horde problem.

So, isn't it a problem for casual alliance pvp players aswell, if they get stomped everytime they play against pugs? Don't they lose fun in pvp and stop queueing? Of course they do, everyone can see it in the number of bgs popping. Just talk to random alliance players. Srsly, do it. Apart from the ~20 premade or standard alliance pvp players, the situation is as bad for alliance as it is for the horde.

And @ Brutus:
There was even an entire guild who contacted Chero, if it would be possible to factionchange to alliance side. The improvements are quite obvious, more people on alliance side queuing bgs, even another premade possibly, and tbh alliance needs a few more good players.
Not even going down the trail of "meh we lose against premade" or "meh, once premade loses vs us they dont queue", but rather the creation of a stable pool of at least 50-100 pvp players on each side, that generates content, not long faces.

So..still no 4 healers huh? Looking at : Brutus/Gentlegeist/Serenery/Yoghurt.

But yea, you dont run 4 healers at all :D

I dont care about one person who doesnt want it and who is called Pibie.
Kronos favors premades.

look at this: People who are against this or trying to change the topic into a different way are from the premade and since Pibie is mostly playing in premades or only in groups and is in the kronos-team, wtf is going on then? You think the community requires to fight the kronos-team now?

People in this topic who are fighting against the change because they are afraid of it and are in alliance premade:
Brutus
Pibie
Indaco

Its already a joke. If we consider Pibie's comment as an official statement, then ok. Kronos favors their own premade to have fun in the game by making the game experience of others boring and frustating and coming into the forum and suggestion to wait for more players ... like another 5 years like on F*en*x where nothing changes with more pop and a broken multi-queue.

Kronos-Team has their own premade, its official. The alliance premade has a direct connection to Kronos-Team. I hope if there is nothing positive coming to these 2 changes mentioned and explained in details then i hope the pvp scene on this server and even in more aspects of the game gets influenced and thrown back at those who were here in this topic to protect their dirt from the salvation of the issue.

Just to clarify; I wasn't fighting it. I think it's fairly clear that I was miss-informed. I knew some changes had been made to the system to improve it for the horde and hadn't personally heard anything else about it, so presumed that the issue had been resolved.

If this is what you're facing then by all means, I'll agree with you. As I have said in other threads, I pvp for the premade vs premade games. Face rolling pugs does nothing for me and there's little to be gained from ranking for me in the long term.

As for me being a representative of the Kronos Team; That's not the case. Not when it comes to the decisions about things like this. Chero & Jeniczek come to me, once or twice a week, and give me a list of things that you guys should know about. There aren't many native English speakers on the team and even less that have spent time writing professionally, so they asked me to join the team for that reason and that reason alone. I do this so that our first impression with potential new players represents the quality of the server, as the first thing they will see is the homepage and the content within it.

You are NOT fighting the Kronos team at all. Everyone involved with the project wants it to be the best it can be, which includes giving you guys better queue times.

Stop beeign such a huge disgrace.
I usually don't do this cause I want to encourage people to make movies, but yours was an insult to all that is holy in vanilla wow.

Contribute to this thread or piss off

inb4 thank you mods for the warning/ban/mute/w/e

Stop beeign such a huge disgrace.
I usually don't do this cause I want to encourage people to make movies, but yours was an insult to all that is holy in vanilla wow.

Contribute to this thread or piss off

inb4 thank you mods for the warning/ban/mute/w/e

Yea, some people don't get vanilla jokes.
Vanilla pvp movies was all about busting balls on the other faction, not harras them/calling them bad names.

Last edited:
PVP community on allaince is Dead ! theres just none.. the allaince Pvp'ers are just random pve heroes. wich in my case is very sad because im very intrested in PVP as ive always had tons of Pvp everywhere i went, im giving it 2 more weeks and if nothing changes on allaince community im out probly back to retail where i can atleast play decent PVP-games whenever i want and with decent or actaull very good players.
-agita

If PvP community is dead, how come you get to play battlegrounds every day?

psojed if u call 1 bg an active community then i gues u have never seen a lot.. shud be atleast 3-4 WSG going nonstop not just 1 or totally none.. if lucky u get 2 full ones and 1 with 3 ppl in it, thats not what i call a community. ive been waiting for ages to que WSG 3days barely any activity and the 4th day a premade ewith 10 ppl GG trying to get into a BG pop like that. not to mention its usually filled with *****s, paladins who dont dispell, priests who dont dispell, full of rogues (theres only 3 good ones, villainy(not active) , numie, slemkavel(just dinged and already better then mcdagger with epic gear), the only 2 mages are only joining premaded basicly wich isnt helping either, there is basicly no teamplay in allaince at all they rather run tunnelvision then help the players next to them to gain advantage. i havent seen a pvp community yet, if you did please call me some names.
(at this moment there is 1WSG active and gues what, 10man premade shud reroll undead mage and kill them since they dont kno how to counter one)

Last edited:
I had no problems getting into WSG the past few days on Alliance side and I'm a NA player.

psojed if u call 1 bg an active community then i gues u have never seen a lot.. shud be atleast 3-4 WSG going nonstop not just 1 or totally none.. if lucky u get 2 full ones and 1 with 3 ppl in it, thats not what i call a community. ive been waiting for ages to que WSG 3days barely any activity and the 4th day a premade ewith 10 ppl GG trying to get into a BG pop like that. not to mention its usually filled with *****s, paladins who dont dispell, priests who dont dispell, full of rogues (theres only 3 good ones, villainy(not active) , numie, slemkavel(just dinged and already better then mcdagger with epic gear), the only 2 mages are only joining premaded basicly wich isnt helping either, there is basicly no teamplay in allaince at all they rather run tunnelvision then help the players next to them to gain advantage. i havent seen a pvp community yet, if you did please call me some names.
(at this moment there is 1WSG active and gues what, 10man premade shud reroll undead mage and kill them since they dont kno how to counter one)

No offence man ,but maybe move back to retail for some time :)

Lmao, aside from the fact that you didn't even name Flare, Chenesis, or even me, your scope of "good rogues" seems to be a bit narrow, which says that you're biased to a very small amount of experience (or friends of yours? Though Villainy is indeed cool beans).

Queue up for at least a week before whining.

The problem right now is when horde always have more queueing, the default queue system keeps their team capped closer to the 10m cap.

That means anything past the first 10v10 WSG (usually premade-type players) is going to be at best 4v5, 5v6, 6v7, 7v8, 8v9, or 9v10 basically 90% of the time. This obviously gives essentially any alliance player no inclincation to continue queueing. Indaco's idea to keep player equivelance in BGs would seem like a good one on paper, but it'd be interesting to see its effect on queues.

If we added just 15-20 active lvl 60 alliance players (non-melee classes, healers mixed in) I feel as though queues would be a lot better and the match-ups more fair. It honestly pains me to imagine how easy it must be ranking up for horde at the moment since the long stretches of crushing random alliance pugs (in pug vs pug, horde "pugs" are generally quite a bit more PvP oriented players with gear than alliance) last quite a bit longer than it does the other way around.

Last edited:
So, to turn this back from insults here is my take on the current situation from a very casual alliance pvp player.

There are 2 reasons why i barely join ws anymore or lose motivation after 1 bg most of the time:

Player Imbalance:
Here are 3 bgs I played yesterday at different times
http://i.imgur.com/JNVqlli.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Kbn9tVa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/arhI5Y2.jpg
If you soloqueue, that's what you expect every time you join and it feels like donating honor to the horde. It usually ends up in a 5min/3:0 cap for the horde and you leave with 0 kills and not even a ws mark.

Class Imbalance:
If feels like ally consists of 90% Warriors/Rogues and horde of 90% Frostmages with eng. Almost every bg has 3+ frostmages in it and makes playing incredibly frustating (either getting kited, sitting in frostnovas as a melee or ending up in a sheep). On alliance side there are only 6 mages that play constantly and most of them play in the premade.
http://armory.twinstar.cz/honor-ladder.xml?faction=0&class=8
http://armory.twinstar.cz/honor-ladder.xml?faction=1&class=8

I don't understand this topic at all...
Why is everyone complaining?
Topics like this come up on every server.
PvP can't be perfectly balanced over factions...Never.
The only thing this threads do is keeping new players/pvpers away. Why would a pvp player looking for a server to play on choose one with a forum full of complains on how shitty the pvp situation is?

Don't cry because of every little problem you encounter. Queue, search for ppl on world chat, get some BG's going and be a usefull member of the pvp community instead of posting unconstructive things on the forums...

The community has to start somewhere. This start is now! Use it to make it well known for beeing awesome!

Class Imbalance:
If feels like ally consists of 90% Warriors/Rogues and horde of 90% Frostmages with eng. Almost every bg has 3+ frostmages in it and makes playing incredibly frustating (either getting kited, sitting in frostnovas as a melee or ending up in a sheep). On alliance side there are only 6 mages that play constantly and most of them play in the premade.
http://armory.twinstar.cz/honor-ladder.xml?faction=0&class=8
http://armory.twinstar.cz/honor-ladder.xml?faction=1&class=8

srsly when alliance premade grouped up with 4 mages it was also very frustating. also you have atleast some active healer

peace

So, to turn this back from insults here is my take on the current situation from a very casual alliance pvp player.

There are 2 reasons why i barely join ws anymore or lose motivation after 1 bg most of the time:

Player Imbalance:
Here are 3 bgs I played yesterday at different times
http://i.imgur.com/JNVqlli.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Kbn9tVa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/arhI5Y2.jpg
If you soloqueue, that's what you expect every time you join and it feels like donating honor to the horde. It usually ends up in a 5min/3:0 cap for the horde and you leave with 0 kills and not even a ws mark.

This pretty much nails it, and why I suggested (like Indaco did) to make sure BG's are even sided. Don't let any more horde or alliance in a BG unless it's going to be even sided.

This pretty much nails it, and why I suggested (like Indaco did) to make sure BG's are even sided. Don't let any more horde or alliance in a BG unless it's going to be even sided.

I fully agree, but it's probably quite a bit trickier than we think. I mean, it comes down to players not accepting a queue popping or leaving midway through the battleground.

Although I'm sure with some thought and maybe some input from the community there could be a really elegant solution for it.

Currently 1+- is the allowed difference. The system tries to invite equal amount of players, for example 9vs9.

However there is nothing that we can do about if players refuses to join.

It pops for 9 and 9 players, but lets say 3 alliance refuses to join and guess what, you have 6v9.

And that's the real issue :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom