• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Current Pvp Situation and possible Solutions

Currently 1+- is the allowed difference. The system tries to invite equal amount of players, for example 9vs9.

However there is nothing that we can do about if players refuses to join.

It pops for 9 and 9 players, but lets say 3 alliance refuses to join and guess what, you have 6v9.

And that's the real issue :(

2 Processes to go through:

1. Queue: Once enough queued for a battleground it should pop. WSG: Aqueue: 5, Hqueue: 5 = WSG Pop
2. Queue-Invite: Open queue-invite for the next one in the queue only when others accepted the queue-invite, not when queue-invite pops.

If Group queued with 3+ it should not pop obviously: WSG: Aqueue: 5, Hqueue: 4 + 3Groupqueue = not WSG pop because Alliance doesnt meet requirement for 6-7 Hqueue

Wasnt retail queue so that you get queue only when the people who queued before you joins the bg and then the rest gets the queue?

Obviously if (Solo-queue)9 Apugs and 9 Hpugs queue the bg should already pop on 5A and 5H so it should fill the bg one by one. But with your description about 9vs9 is only possible with group-queue. Dont think this is an issue. Just like you say, when premade-members refuses to join its all fine regarding the queue system.
(Obviously with 5A / 6H in queue it should pop because 1 difference)

Currently 1+- is the allowed difference. The system tries to invite equal amount of players, for example 9vs9.

However there is nothing that we can do about if players refuses to join.

It pops for 9 and 9 players, but lets say 3 alliance refuses to join and guess what, you have 6v9.

And that's the real issue :(

Not saying you aren't right about the real issue, but the system does NOT invite just 9 from each side, and you should know this. You even say in the same post it does +1. Which means it will be 5v6, 6v7, etc. Don't say misleading things like 'it only invites 9 from each side it should be 9v9.'

On retail back then, Blizzard did not bother with balance. Once there were at least 5 people in queue per faction, battleground opened and it was filled during runtime.

Such cases as you said might occur if there is for example:

5x 1 Horde
4x 1 Alliance + 1x 2 Alliance (I mean in group)

First, the system tries to get equal amount of players on each side if possible. If it's not, then it tries to create a battleground with allowed difference. Without any difference allowed (with enough people in queue, in our case 5vs6) no battleground would open.

Even if, removing the allowed difference, would not solve this problem.

Players would be still able to leave battleground, and if there is no other player in queue, the game would not be balanced anymore.

You are trying to blame the system while there is just not enough Alliance PvPers queuing.
I admit this needs solution, however there is no real prevention to force accept players battleground pop-ups and to prevent them leaving.

We have seen with the release of Silithus that its the same alliance names that pvp, in the world and in battlegrounds, people likes Shatter and Own are the names that pop to mind when i think of ally pvpers and other then that nothing must happens, they play were they find it more fun and there is nothing we can do about that, however a reward system (something like the extra bag in dungeon ques for tanks) could be put in place and maybe boost Alliance pvp numbers it would still run the risk of being abused by players.

We have seen with the release of Silithus that its the same alliance names that pvp, in the world and in battlegrounds, people likes Shatter and Own are the names that pop to mind when i think of ally pvpers and other then that nothing must happens, they play were they find it more fun and there is nothing we can do about that, however a reward system (something like the extra bag in dungeon ques for tanks) could be put in place and maybe boost Alliance pvp numbers it would still run the risk of being abused by players.

The reward is supposed to be ranking up and getting better PvP gear.

On retail back then, Blizzard did not bother with balance. Once there were at least 5 people in queue per faction, battleground opened and it was filled during runtime.

Such cases as you said might occur if there is for example:

5x 1 Horde
4x 1 Alliance + 1x 2 Alliance (I mean in group)

First, the system tries to get equal amount of players on each side if possible. If it's not, then it tries to create a battleground with allowed difference. Without any difference allowed (with enough people in queue, in our case 5vs6) no battleground would open.

Even if, removing the allowed difference, would not solve this problem.

Players would be still able to leave battleground, and if there is no other player in queue, the game would not be balanced anymore.

You are trying to blame the system while there is just not enough Alliance PvPers queuing.
I admit this needs solution, however there is no real prevention to force accept players battleground pop-ups and to prevent them leaving.

This is exactly what I was saying, there isn't anything short of simply throwing more players at alliance who like PvP. The real long-term solution isn't any immediate thing we are capable of doing.

It's the people who keep saying "population isn't an issue" who just don't get it.

If I would be lvl 60 on my nightelf druid I would que every day from 7-10pm european time.. but I am not there yet :(
I would even go for full flagrunner mode ;)

Lmao, aside from the fact that you didn't even name Flare, Chenesis, or even me, your scope of "good rogues" seems to be a bit narrow, which says that you're biased to a very small amount of experience (or friends of yours? Though Villainy is indeed cool beans).

Queue up for at least a week before whining.

-no offense but i didnt call flare and chenesis cuz they aint even good, i said GOOD rogues not shitty rogues cuz theres a lot of them, yourself is debatable but villainy and slemkavel are in another leauge way better then you aswell thats not insult btw but thats how things are, and i did que a full week with no activity apart from the 10 man "premades" full of *****s who cant even play their own class lucky its on private cuz on retail the allaince premades wouldnt have a chance against 10 decent players, that is also a fact.

the real problem is way to less players on kronos, 1 wsg = not really awesome we can get 2 wsg's going IF LUCKY, like c'mon seriously... the population is like 400 nowdays wich is in my eyes WAY to less to keep a server actively going PVP-wise.

i would pvp 24/7 IF there was activity and players willing to play but sadly apart from the indaco 10 man premade (wich leaves u no chance to get in since they que with10) there is no PVP at all and i predict bad times for kronos if it stays like this, nobody want to play on a realm where pvp is unexisting and im one of those players

(gues what 10 man premade going again this moment, so again nothing to do instead wasting my time)

Last edited:
-no offense but i didnt call flare and chenesis cuz they aint even good, i said GOOD rogues not shitty rogues cuz theres a lot of them, yourself is debatable but villainy and slemkavel are in another leauge way better then you aswell thats not insult btw but thats how things are, and i did que a full week with no activity apart from the 10 man "premades" full of *****s who cant even play their own class lucky its on private cuz on retail the allaince premades wouldnt have a chance against 10 decent players, that is also a fact.

the real problem is way to less players on kronos, 1 wsg = not really awesome we can get 2 wsg's going IF LUCKY, like c'mon seriously... the population is like 400 nowdays wich is in my eyes WAY to less to keep a server actively going PVP-wise.

i would pvp 24/7 IF there was activity and players willing to play but sadly apart from the indaco 10 man premade (wich leaves u no chance to get in since they que with10) there is no PVP at all and i predict bad times for kronos if it stays like this, nobody want to play on a realm where pvp is unexisting and im one of those players

(gues what 10 man premade going again this moment, so again nothing to do instead wasting my time)

stop be retarded man , we are pugging atm

You said Flare and Chenesis were shitty? Now you just trollin'.

I took this screencap earlier today...during North American prime time window...

WoWScrnShot_060915_111528.jpg

Not really as bad as you're making it out to be...

You said Flare and Chenesis were shitty? Now you just trollin'.

I took this screencap earlier today...during North American prime time window...

View attachment 7230

Not really as bad as you're making it out to be...

/sigh, as if ur rly that naive to think that they're actually 8 bgs up and running. ~~

killswitch is right i occasionaly check /who warsong and notice 10 or 18 ppl in it, those 8 bg's are just a visual bug.

and yes i said flare and chenesis are shit, cuz they are.. and no offense but their leauge is much lower then slemkavel and villany wich both have no gear basiclly and still perform way steadyr then flare and chenesis.
and to be fair if i could get my retail friends modon or infemales playing here nobody would want any other rogue anymore, sadly hes not intrested in this 4CD/4skill vanilla rogue spec

/sigh, as if ur rly that naive to think that they're actually 8 bgs up and running. ~~
It's naive to believe exactly what the thing is telling me? 0_o

yes I see now that it's some kind pd
bug, but it was pretty cool to see at the time anyway.

It's naive to believe exactly what the thing is telling me? 0_o

yes I see now that it's some kind pd
bug, but it was pretty cool to see at the time anyway.

so u start to realize the pvp is bad now? ^^ only wednesdays and tuesdays are ppl farming (premades) sadly

I like the rip full premade idea. Or perhaps have a matchmaking system so that premades only face other premades (but then again it would be easier just to disable group queue I guess, as none would premade xD)

To begin with i think the main issue is that the alliance are either so bad or lacking in self esteem that they have to rely on premade vs pug to win.

To be honest i respect a green geared alliance who joins alone or with 1-2 friends a lot more than i respect a premade filled with epic geared players who are on voice and know eachother.

if a random player wins with a random group, that is called "skill" or "well played" but when an epic geared premade wins thats just "cowardice" as they lack the courage to fight on equal terms. And when the premade player goes to the length of making a video about himself it just becomes more pathetic seeing how he tries to showcase himself as skilled with all those advantages.

I salute the few decent alliance players that dare fight the horde on equal terms as it takes more courage & skill to fight on the same terms than making a full premade with voice & more. advantages :cool2:

Hello,

in response to several users' comments which suggested that solution might be in "more good PvP solo players on the ally side", I'm proudly announcing that I'm joining the allies and perhaps one day... :tongue:

join me, people

One of my favorite parts of Vanilla was solo Queueing WSG as a Prot Pally FC. I'm excited to do the same with my hunter Ally side. Hopefully in a few months when I am 60 there will be some like minded solo players excited to take on some Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

in response to several users' comments which suggested that solution might be in "more good PvP solo players on the ally side", I'm proudly announcing that I'm joining the allies and perhaps one day... :tongue:

join me, people

I'm with you! See you in the killing fields!

70% of ally are playing mele classes and 70% of horde are playing casters.
Most of the time ally will auto lose cuz Mage,warlock,shaman,priest>War,rogue
But sometimes it turns around and the underdog wins pug vs pug.

That's BS, if u heal and have some rogues/warris with u that aren't braindead they can reck all those casters, even mages - freedom ftw. And alliance DOES have alot of healpallies & healpriests that pug. It's alot worse if ur facing lotz of casters as horde melee, believe me.

Maredasan, 1 counter spell and 1 healer is out for 8seconds, thats enough to kill 2-3 players in a big pile fight.
You do know that freedom is auto purged/dispelld right? Purge mechanic works just like retail so freedom is the first buff to go. WSG is so caster friendly compared to AB.

Top Bottom