• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Future of Kronos 1 PvP

As a solo Q player, most games I played this week-end were against premades. On saturday night, with Sushibarf's premade, I thought things would get more interesting but out of ~20 games, we only faced 2 premades, with one that decided to put on a fight. The rest of the games, we only faced empty teams or pugs.

I only started to PvP 5/6 weeks ago, and I rapidly made my peace with the idea of facing a premade 6/7 out of 10 times, but man this week-end was insane. PvP is only fun when you have around 50% chance to win; when you're facing unavoidable losses or can win 40 games in a raw while being afk, it's boring, frustrating or both.

I don't know enough about the server situation or the honor system to have a decent opinion and/or a solution, but from my point of view, players will only keep doing PvP if it's fun for them. If it's not, they will only farm honor until they reach their goal and stop coming altogether.

What's your opinion on the following idea:

You can clearly see that there are more BG's going on when it's a PvP Weekend.

At the moment it's: AB - Empty - AV - WSG

See: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?events=2

My idea: AB - Random - AV - WSG

Random = AB, WSG or AV (which will be completely random and not shown at the event page)

By the way, why did AB reputation get nerfed with the latest update?
Few month ago the developers increased WSG and AB reputation in order to make PvP more tempting.

Maybe it was by accident?

Easy setup to get more people into PvP with small effort:

- Deserter when leaving queue(s)
- No multiqueue for raids
- Increased reputation AB and WSG (like it was before the last update)
- Random BG-weekend instead of empty
- Small amount of gold when turning in BG marks
- Reset cooldowns <= 20 min when starting a duel (ofc we need to check for abuse potential in PvE and such)
- Increase duel range radius

Note: Give us a test phase first so the community can decide wether the changes should stay or not.

Last edited:
These are all good suggestions but in the end, even if it would prevent premades to dodge a Q, they could still Q when the other one is already in a battleground. Last night, for several hours, only 2 AB games were going on at the same time: one alliance premade against horde pugs and one horde premade against alliance pugs. So in addition of the above suggestions, I would suggest that premades can't go into battlegrounds unless they're facing another premade or wait a fixed amount of time before facing pugs.

This would drastically increase the chances for premades to meet another one and for pugs to face other pugs!

- Reset cooldowns <= 20 min when starting a duel (ofc we need to check for abuse potential in PvE and such)

Note: Give us a test phase first so the community can decide wether the changes should stay or not.

These changes would significantly improve the pvp of kronos for everyone imo.

Not sure about the random bg weekend, think it just might give the chinese solo farmers the upper hand (if ab/av) other than that voting yes please on all of these.

The problem is not the hordes tbh. I play on alliance and the ranking alliances dodge all the time.

Mainly Irae pugs with Trickze in charge. They dont play pvp, they play battlegrounds premades vs afk horde pugs to farm honor, and they dodge every single horde premade because they cant beat them. The following week most of my queue group (that probably were the only ones that could contest horde premades) has been banned / are done ranking so i will probably sit still for a while, because pvp is at the state it is.

If you wanna fix pvp, queue dodging is the main problem. Give 20-30 min deserter for abandoning game, so it actually will be worth it for the "losing" premade to go in and take some HKS even though their opponent is stronger.

Horde and alliance players always give eachother 10 min for the mark, so there really are good manners from the premades on both sides in my opinion.

The idea of more gold being influxed from PVP would be a questionable change.

However after accepting a duel resetting cooldowns <=2 or maybe <=5 would be more understanding. Pve abuse would be an issue as you noted which is why possibly a 5 minute cooldown might be a stretch. (Ice Blocks / Death Wish / Adrenaline Rush etc.) It would be cool to see lots more people in Durotar/Ironforge between queues and such.

all of those ideas seem to sum up a nice improvement.
regarding BG weekends i would even consider completely removing empty weekend and even Warsong one (Warsong is active all week anyway and empty weekend is turned into Warsong weekend without the bonus)

Multiqueue got disabled with the last update.

Thank you.

You can still queue for multiple BG's.
But once you enter 1 BG, you lose all other BG queues.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can still queue for multiple BG's.
But once you enter 1 BG, you lose all other BG queues.
Hmmm, and no update on K2 since then yet, I wonder if it's going to be implemented there too... Inb4 GIEF MULTIQUEUE posts :D

Well, I still think multiqueue for WSG and AB is a good thing. AV multiq is... more questionable.

I like the idea of premade vs premade priority queue with deserter debuff for not taking a queue pop. As it is things are really lame and not fun at all, whether in solo queue or group queue.

there is no fun anymore to play wsg as ally pug
facing premade at 8am to 8pm bis geared hopefuly for you ally stupid and will continue queue give you free honor be proud and kys

Need more non-ranking Horde premades pls, groups that form with a cause to fight Alliance premade, not honor farm.. Alliance has such premade almost every night and Horde almost never. Rankers aren't really a challenge for premade that formed with a sole purpose to beat other premades so it became rather boring lately.

Reactions: dms
Does Allience really? I have been a bit less active lately but when I queue all I face is an allience premade that I can beat with a somewhat decent pug. Fun games though

I will try to log in the next few evenings and we'll see. But it would be great if we could coordinate something. How about tuesday evening? Malise + me will make a group

Need more non-ranking Horde premades pls, groups that form with a cause to fight Alliance premade, not honor farm.. Alliance has such premade almost every night and Horde almost never. Rankers aren't really a challenge for premade that formed with a sole purpose to beat other premades so it became rather boring lately.

Afaik many horde players got bored with the situation and have gone inactive, long ques and most games are shit (unless your sole purpose is to farm honor). Some of the suggestions in this thread would certainly help but still no official response.

RIP

Well there is a premade often, mostly after raids on tuesday/thursday/sunday when most ppl come online, but on other days too. I`d say maybe 4 nights in a week, around 22:00 or a bit after.. And you are talking about ranking alliance group I guess, same as I did about Horde. Afaik you had some premade few days ago while we were in a raid (people from guild who played WSG said so in gchat), but by the time we finished and queued for WSG, your group stopped playing.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah sure, I`ll ask around if people wanna play on tuesday night, you do the same.

We had an amazing group yeah! Although I had to leave early when I destroyed my keyboard by spilling energy drink..
Anyway. Tuesday I hope we can get a decent grp together. Horde who see this feel free to /w me.
And I hope I will be used to my new keyboard by then :(

Well there is a premade often, mostly after raids on tuesday/thursday/sunday when most ppl come online, but on other days too. I`d say maybe 4 nights in a week, around 22:00 or a bit after.. And you are talking about ranking alliance group I guess, same as I did about Horde. Afaik you had some premade few days ago while we were in a raid (people from guild who played WSG said so in gchat), but by the time we finished and queued for WSG, your group stopped playing.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah sure, I`ll ask around if people wanna play on tuesday night, you do the same.

We had an amazing group yeah! Although I had to leave early when I destroyed my keyboard by spilling energy drink..
Anyway. Tuesday I hope we can get a decent grp together. Horde who see this feel free to /w me.
And I hope I will be used to my new keyboard by then :(

Would be sick if we got multiple premades running on both horde/ally for a couple of hours, not just playing the same people every game :D

Top Bottom