• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Future of Kronos 1 PvP

Afaik many horde players got bored with the situation and have gone inactive, long ques and most games are shit

Solo Qing on alliance side is the only thing that is even remotely fun at the moment. Playing horde is world of Q craft.

Solo Qing on alliance side is the only thing that is even remotely fun at the moment. Playing horde is world of Q craft.

I recently switched from ally to horde and you are right, the ques are longer most of the time, but still not unbareable imo. Yesterdy I played 5 wsg. 3 times the que was under 1 minute, 2 times it was around 15 mins. Maybe if people would not wait half afk near the battlemaster and would go to durotar for some duels, it would give the pvp community some life back.
Once I que i always run there to so if someone is there. Had no luck up to now.
I remember from retail vanilla that alot of people went for some duels while waiting for the que to pop.
Pvp was not only done for ranking/gear, but for fun and increasing someones skill.

So duell it up in durotar! I will be there!

Solo queued all weekend except a few hours on sunday night after raid. Faced 3 horde PuGs (won 1, lost 2). Rest was against horde premades. :yes:

Maybe if people (...) would go to durotar for some duels, it would give the pvp community some life back.
Yes please! This is something that I really miss when playing on Kronos. Back in the day when I played on retail, I would always be dueling in durotar and sometimes I would even prefer dueling rather than playing BGs/Arena.

Yes please! This is something that I really miss when playing on Kronos. Back in the day when I played on retail, I would always be dueling in durotar and sometimes I would even prefer dueling rather than playing BGs/Arena.

Exactly, what is the point of getting pvp gear if not showing it off and using it to show members of your faction who is a real pvp hero.

Bring back Durotar dueling! I will be there on my Hunter.

Yeah 2 really good games, very intense and with high pace.. Most fun I had in game in months. Let's do it more often, games like this are basically the reason why most of us play this game.
Friday night sounds good for another run? It would be great if people could show up, it's AV weekend so there wont be any PuGs to choke the queue, could have game after game instantly..

Well 2 games an hour long, 2nd was even longer. 1st cap in 2nd game was after 40 minutes.. By the time we finished (after 1am) most ppl had to go to bed and considering that we started to play around 21:30, more that 2 games wasn't possible to happen unless they finished in 30 minutes each. And also lost an hour by getting pug games, that shouldn't happen druing AV weekend.

Last edited:
Two games was basically three hours of queuing so yeah. Plus quality over quantity my friends.
Really great games. Certainly the best prem. v prem. I've played in months haha. I think I will be up for more on Friday

Yeah, friday night around 21:00 ST seems the best, spread the word on Horde for those who don't check forum, I'll do the same on Alliance.

Hopefully all electricity in my neigbourhood wont shut down again, lol. I'll try to be there friday :smile:

This dueling initiative is great addition, but PvP itself on K1 is fine imo when it comes to battlegrounds. I solo queue every day and I get even more pug games then those against premade on average. On the other hand, if I want to premade or semi, most of the time there are some people to fight against, especially now with these arranged "fight nights" every few days which, I hope, will become a regular thing. There's no dodging and similar things anymore and most people don't really complain, all this forum whine are people from K2. The only downside is that PvP community could use a little boost in population and couple more good players on both sides so we don't always count on just a relatively small amount of players for "serious" games. This is an issue ofc because K2 is younger realm thus more attractive to new players and some even rerolled.

P.S.: The idea that I really liked, which Sushi wrote, is adding some small amount of gold in exchange for battleground marks. It doesn't have to be some ridicilous amount of gold like on Feenix (10g per mark), but maybe 2g seems alright. That should bring whole lot more people into battlegrounds if they knew they'll get something in return (in case they don't need honor) and it could attract diehard PvPers who aren't into pve/farming, but eventually could get enough gold for mount/enchants etc. by playing battlegrounds, while boosting server's PvP at the same time..

Gold for marks is not a good idea, sorry.
I would like it since then I wouldn't need to worry about my epic mounts on alts anymore. Now on a larger scale it would fubar the economy.

Well with 2g per mark, you would need almost 150 games if you win ALL of them for epic mount, almost 250 if your win ratio would be around 50%.. If gold would be your only motivation to play, you would be far better off by farming it in regular ways because gold/hour in BGs would suck. And don't think it would affect economy that much because you would get far more by killing mobs in Silithus then playing WSG. People would just kill less mobs and more actual players in battlegrounds for even smaller amount of gold.

But whatever, it will never happen anyway, was just a suggestion how to guaranteed get more people into battlegrounds without really affecting anyone much.

Top Bottom