• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

PVP Suggestions and Discussion - August 2017

daily quests for pvp

20 caps = 20g
10k resources = 20g
10 van/drek kills = 20g

idk something along those lines. numbers are arbitrary.
you have to do a minimal amount of PvP per day to get your payoff. imo thats more incentive then just stacking up marks now and then and turning them in eventually.

eidt: haven't read the whole thing, don't get mad if this was suggested already

a) remove the no_BG_weekend. Let it be Warsong->Arathi->Alterac->Warsong.... without the empty week (currently that basically means 2 straight weeks of Warsong)
As much as I like WSG I think this is also a simple change that can help the overall sentiment in the PvP Scene

d) give a good reason for people to rank
- mounts (like the ones in the shop) awarded at R10 R11 R12 R13 R14 (in addition to the pvp mounts)
- now that we are in AQ40 (for months) and naxx is coming soon, pvp gear is not really that much good (with few exceptions) so it wouldnt matter much to either a) buff the pvp gear b) make ranking easier (we can think of ways to do that without oversimplifying it)
I mentioned this as well in the thread I made 10 years ago, but I didn't really have any concrete ideas back then.
I like the idea of integrating shop mounts into PvP reward system somehow. But don't really like the idea of buffing PvP gear or simplifying ranking.
Other ideas I thought of to give incentive to rank is:
Make r3 discount permanent when you get r6
Make access to r6 pots permanent when you get r10
I think just allowing permanent access to items from highest rank you got is a bit cheap (+ then Nedstark would be able to buy axes and we wouldn't want that)

Also think some alternative way of rewarding r12 & 13 gear could help. The idea I got was maybe adding a quest where the objective is some large (like actually large) cumulative number of BG mark turn-ins. And as a reward people get to pick 2 pieces from r12 & 13 set. With secondary condition maybe that they need to be exalted with all 3 BG factions.
This way you give reward to people who PvP a lot on this server but don't have time to commit to ranking without taking away the grindy aspect in ranking. Also give some long term goal for casual players to work toward. You still retain incentive to actually rank since they can't get 3 set or 6 set bonus.

Most of your suggestions are pretty good.

However:

Make access to r6 pots permanent when you get r10

Would reduce the active pvp on the server, as alot of players pvp to maintain r6 for cheap pots.

yeh i guess
my reasoning was that if u would allow people to always buy gear of the highest rank they reached, at least people would have to invest more into pvp to get the benefit of those potions. i'm not sure how many people maintain r6 vs the number of ppl that would go for r10 to get them permanent

tbh after reaching r14 and being >r6 for almost 2 years i just want my potions :c so i can pvp on other chars without having to worry about it

I'd definitely be in favor of the addition of a for gold series of BG turn in quests for marks, wins, etc. just to add a little General incentive for ppl to que cuz as an NA player bgs become very limited for our optimal play times

Maybe it's time to learn how to manage your mana without mana potions, now that you have every item in the game and insist on playing with the t2 3-set anyway.

In all honesty it has very little to do with skill or class efficiency in that manner Topmong. As far as I can see it the main pvp ailment afflicting Kronos is essentially the decision between farming and pvp que's. Since the release of aq40, aside from a few select pvp pieces the incentive to pvp on a regular basis and rank has been effectively diminished since even the lowliest guilds at this point are making fair progress gear wise in aq. Thereby reducing the popular incentive for pvp pvp and making the ques particularly lengthy. If an option were offered to offset the opportunity cost of pvping (to a certain extent offsetting the gold defiecency) would make pvp a more widespread opportunity to dedicate time to other means than regular gold or materials farming. I am by no means an advocate of making pvp the dominant money making activity on the server but merely increasing g it's benfit to more than 25s per turn in

I am not a PVP guy in any way, but granting gold for turn is will be abused for sure on a realm like Kronos and is just more work to police for the GM's again. If you want to do that direction, people should get a care package every week in relation to their ranks with increasing quality of course. Start at Rank 7 since 6 already grants the potions, and then see what would be fair. Get a stack of Gromsblood for 7, one stack of each Dreamfoil+Silversage for 8, 1 stack of plagueblooms for 9 etc.

Then the payout happens once a week, it's still nice, but more controlled.
( Or do PVP "gimmick" like FAP's, or some interesting stuff like Dark Iron Bomb or ArcaneBombs people dont use now. )

as others have suggested, PLEASE remove the non-bg weekend so we can actually get AB and AV more often. many of us are sick of only doing WSG for 75% of the month

Some kind of a system that gives incentive to keep PVPing would be nice. It's very few who actually keep PVPing after getting their rank, some barely touch a battleground again. Personally I don't understand why you would farm for that kind of gear, only barely to PVP after, but it is quite a few people on hordeside at least. But this doesn't change the fact that theres often a huge gap in gear level in battlegrounds and you often queue into the same people, because so many rather would stand afk or actually do something useful for their character at this point. I believe, if you could make BG's more useful - or maybe even PVP in general, more people would do it. The PVP scene on Kronos needs help, otherwise I doubt it ever will get better. I haven't read the whole thread, but some of the ideas mentioned in the last few posts could be a way.

O78nPxA.png

as others have suggested, PLEASE remove the non-bg weekend so we can actually get AB and AV more often. many of us are sick of only doing WSG for 75% of the month

This, WSG is OK and all, but too much of the same is not fun. Or, and perhaps this is a dumb idea.. rather than weekends, increase the frequency so there are also a couple of days mid-week?

A gold or consumable reward is a great idea. I'm no longer a nolifer so the ability to pvp without having to break to farm for consumables and repairs would be great.

Permanent access to the R6 consumables once you've reached R6+ would be great. I swear I remember that being a thing in Vanilla, could be wrong.

I think melee leeway seems OK.

Procs seem OK to me, but I have probably spend 1/10 of the time in BGs that some of these guys have?

Slacksy

Last edited:
any developments on this?
would be a good time to introduce some of the abovementioned ideas or at least keep us informed of any plans/decisions made.

Hi Oidd, Thanks for bumping this. There aren't any updates yet, but I do think we're at a place now where it's time to decide which of these we can move forward upon. I'll work with the staff and try to get an update back here soon.

About 50 arathi and 50 WSG marks give u a weaker ZG heads/legs enshant so pve guys still go for the ZG one and newcomers get some additional stuff to get useful in bgs.

classic kronos
receive feedback
don't do anything with it

At this point in time, Chero is committed to focusing on Naxx development. Once Naxx is done I believe he's said he'd take a look at the PVP situation and see what changes can be considered/implemented. This is probably not what you wanted to hear but it's the current status of the situation. A few weeks after Naxx has been released I'll make an effort to get this revisited.

It doesn't really matter at this point and I'm not saying that to be dramatic or w/e. It's just the way it is and everyone who cared about changes gave up on it long time ago. PvP part of the game was ignored for so long that it's completely dead nowadays. Last premade game was half an year ago and pug games stopped popping as well for most of the day. If noone spent some time and energy on PvP issues in almost 3 years, they shouldn't start with it now neither, because it would be wasted. Better try to implement some of those suggestions into K3 (if that's actually really happening), cuz current Kronos PvP situation is beyond repairable, especially since those fixes would take place some weeks after Naxx when most of population wants to kill KT and quit the server.

It doesn't really matter at this point and I'm not saying that to be dramatic or w/e. It's just the way it is and everyone who cared about changes gave up on it long time ago. PvP part of the game was ignored for so long that it's completely dead nowadays. Last premade game was half an year ago and pug games stopped popping as well for most of the day. If noone spent some time and energy on PvP issues in almost 3 years, they shouldn't start with it now neither, because it would be wasted. Better try to implement some of those suggestions into K3 (if that's actually really happening), cuz current Kronos PvP situation is beyond repairable, especially since those fixes would take place some weeks after Naxx when most of population wants to kill KT and quit the server.
every your post makes me even more depressed

clearly, the vanguard-synced naxx race is more important
they even "fixed" the target HP thing (based on a 2 year old ticket) in that direction

pvp things (even those that do not require much work) can wait...

Top Bottom