• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Release] Improved Models for 1.12

Is it just me or are tabard textures a bit off? The lower part of the Silverwing tabard in particular.

I have started to work already some changes from 7.2 patch the PTR. I successfully update fleshgolem and goul new models tho till now there is a few bugs with the new mounts. Im trying to figure out a workaround on this. I have also finished MC weaponry but i found also a small stupid bug on one of staves that i replaced and cant overpass it at the moment.
Stitched Horror
vcrRQ48.jpg

Patchwerk
I0IkIxn.jpg

Diseased Flayer (Ghouls)
BA1eJqG.jpg

Molten Core Weaponry

Brutality Blade
wDyQyEO.jpg

Azuresong Mageblade
MzyZkDF.jpg

Obsidian Edge Blade
wqUPjC2.jpg

Sorcerous Dagger
41N19mW.jpg

Fire Ruined Grimoire
ToedISW.jpg

Malistar's Defender
rz1YP7Z.jpg

Staff of Dominance
bgINHQi.jpg

At the current state stave is partially bugged with a animation which i haven't figure out how to fix it.

Last edited:
Finally fixed those small bugs and from now on Warlocks and Cheat paladins can have enjoy their Epic mounts. Also fixed Druid "Gift of the Wild" spell icon so now it has the one that was added in TBC and on.
Warlock Dreadsteed Mount - Legion model replacement
uM8hmzL.jpg

Paladin Charger Mount - Legion model replacement
6FpGRhh.jpg

"Gift of the Wild" spell icon fix
0ph7Hg8.jpg

So thats all, soon ill update the linx

Zero out!

Would it be big trouble to divide this pack in parts like improved trees/foliage, improved world or something like that just for ppl who don't want the creatures and mounts affected?

Would it be big trouble to divide this pack in parts like improved trees/foliage, improved world or something like that just for ppl who don't want the creatures and mounts affected?

Yeah unfortunately it is. There are many things and records that rely to each other so not worth the effort. You can manually delete things you might want tho as i said many things rely to each other. Up to you ;)

Oh wow! Such sweet updates! Thanks for Malistar's Defender mate! The other MC stuff looks very fitting here as well. The mounts are fantastic as well! I've been keeping a close eye on this progress. Its coming along great. Gotta be very near the finish line now right? Only the last Tier armor left that were bugged? Still no fix for them?

Oh wow! Such sweet updates! Thanks for Malistar's Defender mate! The other MC stuff looks very fitting here as well. The mounts are fantastic as well! I've been keeping a close eye on this progress. Its coming along great. Gotta be very near the finish line now right? Only the last Tier armor left that were bugged? Still no fix for them?

Yeah, only last 3 sets from T19 is still bugged and havent fixed them. Found maybe a workaround and if i got some spare time on weekend gonna give them a test go. Also i have some ZG under change too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick update since i didnt gave any information of the week changes :

Treasure Chest - WoD model replacement
MUQ6jVT.jpg

Stratholme skybox - MoP skybox replacement (Looks better for a city that is still burning)
SP8SFdf.jpg

Warglaives of Azzinoth - WotLK replacement (for more happy GM's :laugh:)
rjUPWuQ.jpg

I recently installed the improved models, but I noticed that my spells (especially my arcane explosions) appear to have much less particle density than before. They used to be brighter as well. Now they appear weak, and changing the spell effect values in the WTF file doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas? I'm not sure if this is normal or if there is a way I can fix it.

I recently installed the improved models, but I noticed that my spells (especially my arcane explosions) appear to have much less particle density than before. They used to be brighter as well. Now they appear weak, and changing the spell effect values in the WTF file doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas? I'm not sure if this is normal or if there is a way I can fix it.

Can you post me a screenshot comparing the issues ? Tho arcance explosion is replaced with the newest version and is better than the old one. Also what video settings you have set ? Have also Anisotropic filtering to Max and Vertex Animation Shaders On.

Last edited:
I'll chime in as well. As a Warlock my Rain of Fire appears MUCH weaker after the mod update than its "stock" version. The only change made was the mod, no changes to graphics settings (set to MAX).

I'll chime in as well. As a Warlock my Rain of Fire appears MUCH weaker after the mod update than its "stock" version. The only change made was the mod, no changes to graphics settings (set to MAX).

Yeah seems that for some reason it doesn't play correct. ill make the fix in the coming release of v1.2 . Thanks for reporting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Made some more updates. Finished warrior weapon class quest rewards and Rogue class quest reward. Making some fixes in helmet geosets so hair/beards not hanging out. Replacing the icons to represent the new items.

Whirlwind Axe (Warrior Questline Reward) - Cata model replacement
VGboI7H.jpg

Whirlwind Warhammer (Warrior Questline Reward) - Cata model replacement
CjvKTRw.jpg

Whirlwind Sword (Warrior Questline Reward) - Cata model replacement
iBm9HfO.jpg

Ebon Mask (Rogue Quest line Reward) - Legion model replacement
LfUsB37.jpg

Item Icon Replacement fix
9ASm0p6.jpg

Small cosmetic "improvements": https://www.mediafire.com/?qsms6x3t5grk9i7
In particular, I "fixed" the tigers (to the best of my ability)

before:
Untitled-2.jpg

after:
Untitled-4.jpgUntitled-3.jpg

before:
Untitled-3.jpg
after:
Untitled-5.jpg

The spotted one is not that good, however. It's difficult to get nice looking spots - I don't think the models were made with that in mind. I might just replace this with another striped version in the end. If instead someone could get the actual snow leopard texture on it somehow, that'd be neat.

Also fixed the hindlimbs on tiger mounts (usual three+ZG; the PvP one seems fine and I don't think the extra textures in the patch are actually used at all)
Untitled-6.jpg

It seems that they weren't all ported 100% correctly. For whatever reason, the two circled areas share texture, eventhough nothing is supposed to be under the tiger's chin, afaik. This is the best I could do, I used the patch textures, if someone has the original textures (and models) and can port stuff from scratch, that might be better. I messed them up trying to get rid of this; I really hope I restored everything now :/

P.S. patch also contains two other, very minor changes that my OCD is mostly responsible for, but I will leave it for you to find out which :p

P.S. Zero, if you think these are really improvements, feel free to merge the new tigers with the main patch.

Last edited:
Small cosmetic "improvements": https://www.mediafire.com/?qsms6x3t5grk9i7
In particular, I "fixed" the tigers (to the best of my ability)

before:

after:

before:
after:

The spotted one is not that good, however. It's difficult to get nice looking spots - I don't think the models were made with that in mind. I might just replace this with another striped version in the end. If instead someone could get the actual snow leopard texture on it somehow, that'd be neat.

Also fixed the hindlimbs on tiger mounts (usual three+ZG; the PvP one seems fine and I don't think the extra textures in the patch are actually used at all)

It seems that they weren't all ported 100% correctly. For whatever reason, the two circled areas share texture, eventhough nothing is supposed to be under the tiger's chin, afaik. This is the best I could do, I used the patch textures, if someone has the original textures (and models) and can port stuff from scratch, that might be better. I messed them up trying to get rid of this; I really hope I restored everything now :/

P.S. patch also contains two other, very minor changes that my OCD is mostly responsible for, but I will leave it for you to find out which :p

P.S. Zero, if you think these are really improvements, feel free to merge the new tigers with the main patch.

Great job mate. I'll have a look later this evening and check them from close.

I messed up a few transparent areas, it should be a quick fix but the link may be down temporarily. I'll also add the black panthers (hopefully; things don't look that good in monochrome).

Ok, I "fixed" it now. Still panthers are not included, I made them too dark initially and I also want to modify the ZG panther boss skin to match. I hope to add this today. This is really difficult, by the way. Many areas use same textures in different ways. :/

Last edited:
We has an update. Finished merging High/Blood Elves new models. All credits to Leeviathan for this awesome mod. Here a small preview:
ZNGMSp5.jpg

qqH9QO4.jpg

Differences are that High Elves have blue eyes and they use night elves sounds when Blood elves have green eyes and their own sound files.

Last edited:
Top Bottom