• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Server Merge and Naxxramas

I'm not the one to address this issue as I know virtually nothing about it, I am not in the Kronos administration team. I just want the forum rules to be adhered and read as few (praising) posts about other servers as possible.

Complaining about censorship
FORUM GUIDE

Right:
  • Kronos has relatively small online
  • Kronos could use more players
  • Kronos loses many players to [servername]
  • PvP scene on Kronos is far from healthy
  • Quite often certain players lag on Kronos
  • There're some serious bugs on Kronos - namely, [description of the bugs]
  • I don't think merge will come in time

Wrong:
  • Kronos is fucking dead
  • [servername] gets all fucking players
  • [servername] is fucking better than Kronos
  • PvP on Kronos is fucking bullshit
  • Kronos is laggy as fuck
  • Devs don't give a fuck about gamebreaking bugs
  • Merge won't change a fucking thing

And no, the core difference is not the f-word.

Not to turn this into a Kronos vs <insert server> thread, but I think Kronos is looking pretty solid from what I've observed of the other place. We just need pop + better latency for NA players to thrive.

Over there players are enjoying the pvp because of pop, but so much shit is bugged. I watched a stream of an MC the other day and it was a complete shitshow. Aggro range was totally fucked, leading to wipes from chain pulling packs. And for a "blizzlike" server certain bosses were clearly scripted in an "unblizzlike" fashion...leading to more wipes. Custom scripts are fine, perhaps to make an encounter harder, for example. But not on a server whose population loves to shit on others for not being "blizzlike".

Sorry for the rant. I had to listen for months after it shutdown about how perfect and better scripted it was. The claim is just laughable now. Kronos devs have done a great job so far. Lets get this merge done and have sort of a "relaunch" to get some players back.

FORUM GUIDE

Right:
  • Kronos has relatively small online
  • Kronos could use more players
  • Kronos loses many players to [servername]
  • PvP scene on Kronos is far from healthy
  • Quite often certain players lag on Kronos
  • There're some serious bugs on Kronos - namely, [description of the bugs]
  • I don't think merge will come in time

Wrong:
  • Kronos is fucking dead
  • [servername] gets all fucking players
  • [servername] is fucking better than Kronos
  • PvP on Kronos is fucking bullshit
  • Kronos is laggy as fuck
  • Devs don't give a fuck about gamebreaking bugs
  • Merge won't change a fucking thing

And no, the core difference is not the f-word.

#3 under right gets deleted...

"

• The gear difference could play a role only if you consider Naxxramas server-firsts race. From what I've seen of K2 guilds, there don't seem to be guilds that tryhard on Synced/Vanguard level anyway so there isn't really competition. But either way, you can always filter out K2-only guilds for ranking if you prefer."

I don't think you have the slightest clue sadly. To say that there are no "try-hard" guild that somehow justifies it in your peanut of a brain? Let us use some logic here, if you're full BIS and min maxxed to the nines, it doesn't mean that k2 won't have a chance, as well, we could be better players from you thus the gear won't make the biggest difference in the world, it's more out of principle; K1 needs us, we don't particularly need you.

Churo/Davros, consider adding one bonus loot item to the BWL tables to help us gear up even faster just show we can show the k1 goons how it's done.

Oh btw, you've also got to PTR test everything then whine about not having T3 lul - heard some pretty jokes things about the baddies on k1.

Yours,

K2 player.

You're NA, right? I hear it's playable during NA hours and horrible during EU hours.

I'm from Western Canada and raid with an EU based guild on K1.

The last few month actually haven't been that bad for me, ping veries around 200-300 during raids, and I have 100mb download / 15mb upload. During August/September my ping avaraged 500-700 when raiding, it was still doable, but made things much harder and wasn't really enjoyable, the rest of Europe based players were also getting up to the 400 ping marks during this time. The one thing that affects me is as a hunter when I do get lag spikes is my actions have a very noticeable delay to them, aimed shots can take up to 10 seconds to actually go off, if your not used to the delays and need to fire off a tranq it can lead to trouble. I'm not sure if it's quite as bad for Europe players as for myself when I'm lagging but other members seem to be affected as well from what I can tell on screen and in teamspeak.

I don't pvp much as of right now, but when I do it's a huge challenge if there's any lag/delays as the battlegrounds aren't quite as predictable as raids.

I won't lie the last 3 to 4 month have been pretty darn good *knocks on wood* so I wouldn't be able to tell you if it's because of the drop in population, maybe twinstars staffed did something recently or if the host or some other Internet thing happened to better rout the way the data flows to and fron the servers.

Last year before the Ddos attracks 100 was my normal ping during EU and NA times, now it's been ~250 during EU and NA times since the attack.

You can view my past recorded raids on my twitch channel and see it isn't game breaking at all, pve wise anyways.
Ping/PC usage (fps,cpu,hd,network,ram) is all displayed at the top.

Want to combat the PVP problem? Integrate the ability to queue for BGs while questing. This has been requested before in the past, voted on and approved by the community as a whole. Instead, you turn cheek, tuck tail and ignore.

No wonder people are leaving in the mass. I want to play here, on this perfect server with my bros and buddies, but the PVP is fuckin' trash. Fix your shit, and let us quest while queuing (like what you do with innmaster LFG finder) so we can continue to play.

https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread...ng-in-the-wild

p.s. - You could also, for convenience, share this shortened link to others.... https://is.gd/k2vote

Want to combat the PVP problem? Integrate the ability to queue for BGs while questing. This has been requested before in the past, voted on and approved by the community as a whole. Instead, you turn cheek, tuck tail and ignore.

No wonder people are leaving in the mass. I want to play here, on this perfect server with my bros and buddies, but the PVP is fuckin' trash. Fix your shit, and let us quest while queuing (like what you do with innmaster LFG finder) so we can continue to play.

https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread...ng-in-the-wild

p.s. - You could also, for convenience, share this shortened link to others.... https://is.gd/k2vote

On a healthy server, you shouldn't have time to quest between games.

I am pinging Kronos at 62ms (in Romania) and OVH French server at 25 (i am from France). Maybe it's just about the host country.

I remember the day of Q3/UT99 clanwar when you had to battle against warleader of CK/CZ/Poland/Balkan clans to play on a Ngz.de/K-play/Jolt server and not their shitty homemade server full of packet loss and bad routing.

A Western European host for Kronos, like OVH, would be nice, but it remains to be seen if the other place can actually stay up under that host should Blizz come calling again. For all anyone knows OVH themselves could take the server down under a serious legal threat. Time will tell.

I don't get much lag, but that's cause I'm in Europe. I mostly play at NA times, so I wish ping was better to attract more NA players.

Last edited:
"My ping in k1 is fucking high. It is 67ms. On nostralalala it is 25." - do you even know about what you are complaining, guys? Like anyone of you could really notice a difference of e.g. 42ms. You are just looking for dumb reasons that allow you to keep on nagging. Get real.

This shit is like "k1 offers me 1000 apples a day to eat. Nostralalala offers me 2000 apples per day. I M U S T play on nostardius.". You forget that you can only eat five apples per day.

"My ping in k1 is fucking high. It is 67ms. On nostralalala it is 25." - do you even know about what you are complaining, guys? Like anyone of you could really notice a difference of e.g. 42ms. You are just looking for dumb reasons that allow you to keep on nagging. Get real.

This shit is like "k1 offers me 1000 apples a day to eat. Nostralalala offers me 2000 apples per day. I M U S T play on nostardius.". You forget that you can only eat five apples per day.

I get 100 ping on the other server with over 10k people on vs the 250+ I get on k1 with so many less, so I'd say it's a problem.

Please change hosts. My latency is completely unstable and jumps between 150-800ms. PvP is frustrating and unplayable. How can I have 30ms on the other server? We want to play here. Talk to us.

Please change hosts. My latency is completely unstable and jumps between 150-800ms. PvP is frustrating and unplayable. How can I have 30ms on the other server? We want to play here. Talk to us.

At least you get to PvP...It's almost non existent for NA timezones.

When Kronos first started, NA BG's didn't ever occur until March 2016. We went a year without them and they only started cause of 7x and other server closures. If you wanted HWL, you had to run Silithus sand.

I am pinging Kronos at 62ms (in Romania) and OVH French server at 25 (i am from France). Maybe it's just about the host country.

I remember the day of Q3/UT99 clanwar when you had to battle against warleader of CK/CZ/Poland/Balkan clans to play on a Ngz.de/K-play/Jolt server and not their shitty homemade server full of packet loss and bad routing.

No, it cannot be a matter of host country o_O
I have been playing from Romania since February (beta) 2015. As the IIRC initially German host was changed for a Swedish one in the very first months, my ms went up from 40 to 60 in-game, where it stabilized for an entire year. Now, after the host was changed once more in May-June, supposedly to Romania, the country I actually live in, my ms hoovers at a constant 110 ms.
K1 Romanian players I've spoken to since have reported similar increases in latency.

To note that almost all of us have access to top notch broadband connections. As to not leave this at an anecdotal level, I'll point out Romania is one of the countries with the fastest fixed Internet connection speeds and also one of the cheapest, with 1 Gbps internet connections being sold for around EUR 12 (I am paying EUR 7 for a 300 Mbps connection). Here is a synopsis of last year's global report by Akamai, listing Romania as 1st in Europe and 10th worldwide by average Internet peak connection speed.

Further, foreign CDNs are contracting or building their own data centers in Romania for the past 5-6 years at an ever increasing pace because of the country's top notch FO infrastructure and very low upkeep costs.

If we're indeed located in Romania, perhaps they decided upon it because they considered it would better shelter them from legal actions against their hosting company. Fine, but the infrastructure here definitely allows them to host Twinstar in similar or better conditions and for cheaper prices than in Sweden. Thus the reason behind in-game ms going up by close to 100% even for Romanian players must be found somewhere else.

the last thing we need is autocomplete, also if war effort autocomplete didnt happen in kronos 1 what makes u think it will happen in k2

Top Bottom