• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Server Merge and Naxxramas

After one month, the war effort auto-complete itself at a rate of 3.33% a day for each mat.
It means whatever you farmed, the lenght of the auto-complete is determined by the mat with the lowest amount farmed.

Anyone did the math on how long it will take for the war effort to end approximately?
The K2 War Effort started December 4, so in 11 or 12 days it will start auto-completing. 66 days is the maximum the War Effort can take, and you can knock 1 day off that total for every 3% of the lowest material farmed. Realistically, we're only going to see at most like 15% on the lowest material farmed, which would only be 5 days off.

TL;DR, War Effort should end at the end of January, or in the first day or two of February.

Thanks Lild. So it ends around February, then 1 week downtime until the gate opens. Then around 5-7 IDs for k2 guilds to catch up on gear. So I guess we can expect a merge in April~.. Back to Overwatch I guess in the meantime. :blink:

Then we have to wait for k2 to raid aq40 for awhile...

Meanwhile k1 is a ghost town

I don't know what to tell you if the estimated/speculated time frame is too long for you, except maybe appealing to patience. From my point of view expecting it to be quicker would be unrealistic and I wouldn't be surprised if it actually ends up taking a bit longer. I can tell you, however, that there are people on K2 who think that even the speculative time frame is much too short and they would prefer no merge or a merge after Naxx.

In general I doubt that all the K2 guild members will just be gobbled up by "more advanced" K1 guilds and equally I doubt K1 guilds will just be able to recruit all the members they need and continue like nothing ever happened. For the actual merge to work and form a good community people need to go into it relaxed, which includes patiently waiting for it.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be possible to simply allow the merge to happen now and then disable/delete AQ40 gear that has been optained?

Then the merge can happen now instead of in 4 months. In those 4 months we save, people can raid more often.

Wouldn't it be possible to simply allow the merge to happen now and then disable/delete AQ40 gear that has been optained?

Then the merge can happen now instead of in 4 months. In those 4 months we save, people can raid more often.

Everyone on k1 would quit for the other server if you take away their gear. Stupid idea

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what to tell you if the estimated/speculated time frame is too long for you, except maybe appealing to patience. From my point of view expecting it to be quicker would be unrealistic and I wouldn't be surprised if it actually ends up taking a bit longer. I can tell you, however, that there are people on K2 who think that even the speculative time frame is much too short and they would prefer no merge or a merge after Naxx.

In general I doubt that all the K2 guild members will just be gobbled up by "more advanced" K1 guilds and equally I doubt K1 guilds will just be able to recruit all the members they need and continue like nothing ever happened. For the actual merge to work and form a good community people need to go into it relaxed, which includes patiently waiting for it.

The biggest talk on K1 is playing on the new servers. The reason, k1 is dead and there is nothing to do besides raidlog. So waiting or leaving are the only options right now.

I could personally care less as AQ doesn't have much for hunters but this would be a huge spit in the face for a lot of classes and guilds, as a whole, currently on k1. I feel the current plan is in the best interest for both K1 and K2 players in regards to fairness.

With what your saying is like K1 players agreeing but K2 players should and would have all their BWL gear disabled/deleted... It just sounds silly tbh.

People are really really slow in their head sometimes. What happened to players who deleted/DiS offset gear/items from bwl because they got their upgrades from AQ40/20.

Nah, just delete the entire player-database and start from scratch. kappa.

BTW: What's going on with the forum lately? Are we getting DDos'd? It's constantly offline.

Thanks Lild. So it ends around February, then 1 week downtime until the gate opens. Then around 5-7 IDs for k2 guilds to catch up on gear. So I guess we can expect a merge in April~.. Back to Overwatch I guess in the meantime. :blink:
My guess is they will just wait until a week or two after AQ40 has been released to do the merge. So mid February. We had guilds on k1 with C'thun dead within 24 hours--no reason that shouldn't happen on k2. Still--even if it doesn't--I doubt it will take many guilds more than a week or so to clear AQ406

My guess is they will just wait until a week or two after AQ40 has been released to do the merge. So mid February. We had guilds on k1 with C'thun dead within 24 hours--no reason that shouldn't happen on k2. Still--even if it doesn't--I doubt it will take many guilds more than a week or so to clear AQ406

You are right, C'Thun will die 1st or 2nd ID.

But Chero also wants to give K2 players the opportunity to catch up with AQ gear. So I guess it will take a little longer.

Why do the war effort then, is it really that much spiritual enriching for the players to farm a million/s items?
I get it blizz did it for the monthly $$$

I don't believe any of the timelines suggested by players actually accurately represent the plan presented by Kronos. Davros announced that the war effort will be "blizzlike". If "blizzlike" means auto completion then cool we can now be given an exact date that the war effort is completed since it will auto complete at a fixed rate.

Main point is here please make another announcement that explicitly states what "blizzlike" war effort means and a timeline for the war effort for all to see. All I see here are players giving out conjectures of what it should be but in the end all that matters is what the Kronos say will happen. So please give us an announcement here otherwise you are leaving us in the dark again.

To all k2 guilds who want to clear aq: It is very easy. IMO it is easier than BWL, except for cthun (there you have to watch your ctw symbol not to turn red,which is something only ppl with an IQ higher then 200 can do1111!1). All you need is Nr gear for all players - that is easily farmable and the craftable pieces are not very expensive - and greater Nr + SR potions. In the first IDs i ran with 2 stacks Nr and one stack SR. Everybody should be able to farm like 30 ele earth during war effort and some SR pots.
Regarding NR gear, do not fak around because you do not have the super special emerald dragons items. They are good, but if u do not have them, they do not make the difference between making it and not making it in aq40.

Last edited:
I don't believe any of the timelines suggested by players actually accurately represent the plan presented by Kronos. Davros announced that the war effort will be "blizzlike". If "blizzlike" means auto completion then cool we can now be given an exact date that the war effort is completed since it will auto complete at a fixed rate.

Main point is here please make another announcement that explicitly states what "blizzlike" war effort means and a timeline for the war effort for all to see. All I see here are players giving out conjectures of what it should be but in the end all that matters is what the Kronos say will happen. So please give us an announcement here otherwise you are leaving us in the dark again.
...Except you can't give an exact date because that is all dependent on whether people turn in materials. They said it will be blizzlike, which means the War Effort is capped at 66 days.

...Except you can't give an exact date because that is all dependent on whether people turn in materials. They said it will be blizzlike, which means the War Effort is capped at 66 days.

Are you just trying to argue?

No one can say with 100% accuracy when the war effort will be done but if the war effort is going to auto complete we can have a relatively accurate timeline. For example under you timeline of 66 days or less I can atleast give a hard deadline of 66 days for the war effort to be done. It could end earlier depending on materials but at the latest it will be done in 66 days.

Really all I care is what the Kronos staff announces since what they say is what will actually happen. Hopefully we get a response soon instead of a month from now. This threads announcement was already late as it is.

Plain and simple the more information Kronos gives about the future the more faith people have with the server. I don't think its redundant to give us explicit details on what is going to happen. Previous to this announcement many people in my guild were contemplating quiting or already quit. After this post I saw a shift in attitude amongst fellow players in my guild as well as the server and I would like that communication to continue so that they continue to have faith in the kronos team.

I don't think this is too much to ask. It may be obvious to you what they mean by "blizzlike" but I have heard atleast two "blizzlike" strategies presented by people within my guild. In my opinion it would be good to hear what kronos has in its plan for the future rather than just stating "blizzlike".

It's comical go they censor post that discuss that issue. Many of the people discussing it are not promoting the other server over kronos, we are worried about the future of Kronos.

And that's great and I sincerely believe that you can be worried even wtihout stating how great the other server is and how many people are playing there. Obviously, many people are able to do it quite well since I delete only a handful of posts compared to how many of them appear every day.

Promoting other server, it's explicitely stated in the forum rules. Yes, if you want to tell us how it is great elsewhere, you will be censored, plain and simple.

Holaver, I respectfully put forth that I was not promoting another server. I did not even name it, what I did was address the latency issue which is completely ignored by staff and provided comparable evidence for my post.

I did so in hope of starting a discussion on the issue so that we may get a response from staff and eventually a solution.

However, the fact that you deleted those posts including the responses to it by Nazara and others under the guise of "promoting other server" sends a very clear message and is understood accordingly. Meaning negatively, that is "there will be no discussion or solutions."

Top Bottom