• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Server Merge and Naxxramas

Yet those points are important to people. Why do you think so many enjoy the "fresh starts". A merge with no limits on the amount of gold, alt characters etc is clearly a pure win situation for K1, while K2 gets the worse deal.

My first venture into the Pserver scene was on feenix warsong 12x. It was great in many ways but the knowledge of the gold capped characters and the huge amount of insanely geared people, some certainly a result of past abuse, did affect the experience

Davros, why cannot you just say definitively whether the AQ War Effort will be blizzlike or not. You guys have been constantly dodging the question. If you don't have an answer, then just say it hasn't been decided yet. There is a huge difference between a blizzlike AQ war effort and the uncapped war effort we had on Kronos 1.

inb4 people cry because it no official bluepost.

Isn't the change mentioned in one of the small patchnotes?

According to this blue post (who retracted himself few posts later while he was right...)
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7874-aq-gates-slap-in-the-face-/

It's supposed to be "part of the game system for opening the gates" so no patchnote.

Only veteran from low pop server (horde for me we were 80/20....) could know about this, that's maybe why few/noone remember.

I can add https://web.archive.org/web/20060207085456/http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wareffort/servers.html (08/02/2006) and https://web.archive.org/web/20060315200625/http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wareffort/servers.html (15/03/2006) all server completed the war effort except the newly created. And you can get the amount/day https://web.archive.org/web/20060203044855/http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wareffort/servers.html#top with garithos who was a dead server.

Last edited:
I've been playing on K2 and people have been bitching about pop in world chat. Particularly lvl 60's complaining that there are not enough for dungeons. I think when the other place announced, a lot of the established 60's stopped playing because they were going back to their old characters.

We could list the million benefits to merging and people will still complain. They'll be like "Fuck this! I'm off to <insert server>" As if they weren't about to leave anyway. Kronos needs to be one united server. Two smaller servers as opposed to one good one makes no sense at all in an mmo.

I've been playing on K2 and people have been bitching about pop in world chat. Particularly lvl 60's complaining that there are not enough for dungeons. I think when the other place announced, a lot of the established 60's stopped playing because they were going back to their old characters.

We could list the million benefits to merging and people will still complain. They'll be like "Fuck this! I'm off to <insert server>" As if they weren't about to leave anyway. Kronos needs to be one united server. Two smaller servers as opposed to one good one makes no sense at all in an mmo.

The only issue with the merge is due to the servers being at different places in the timeline, the thing is being at different points generates so many issues that people seem to be disregarding. A merge is a good idea when the servers line up, which would be after KT is killed on k2 and before tbc content, I would be 100% behind that.

As for the "fuck this!" part, I had no intention of leaving till this merge shit was announced (just recovered my nost account only 30 mins ago). I was actually laughing at the nost people that were leaving, I guess they are laughing now cause this server is the one getting fucked up now.

The only issue with the merge is due to the servers being at different places in the timeline, the thing is being at different points generates so many issues that people seem to be disregarding. A merge is a good idea when the servers line up, which would be after KT is killed on k2 and before tbc content, I would be 100% behind that.

As for the "fuck this!" part, I had no intention of leaving till this merge shit was announced (just recovered my nost account only 30 mins ago). I was actually laughing at the nost people that were leaving, I guess they are laughing now cause this server is the one getting fucked up now.

Dude. The servers need to merge. End of. This isn't even as bad as it's going to get since a lot are waiting for the fresh realms. K2 gets levellers now, but where do you think they are going to go when the fresh realms open? People love fresh starts, as K1 found out when K2 opened.

There is barely a difference in timelines now and AQ gear is only slightly better than BWL gear, or worse in many cases. I've been here for a year and my best geared character has an avg Ilvl of 67. K2 guilds are running full raids of players in the 70's.

Last edited:

Fuck you

great announcements, great to see timelines, look forward to most of this.

not to nitpick but i would like to point out theres only 21 raiding guilds atm (me me da, onslaught, friend, friends, memento mori, synced, doomhaus, gulch trotters, risen, bohemia, kairos, blacklabel, control, u&v, agony, lost in sauce, redemption, hotline, orgrim, vanguard, and crimson)

if i am mistaken, let me know

Are there really that many guilds? Do any of them do anything besides raid log? Or is it just 5 guilds that have made other guilds to raid on their alts with?

Certainly not representative of the 5 to 20 people I see in Org or If at any given time.

P.S. Vinnylee afk in Org for 25 hours a day doesn't count as high population.

Some good news here, excited for the aq war effort and merge. About the race transfer though, i was wondering if that will be a paid service or if it might be free? Would probably be interested in changing my mage to horde if it is, i understand if not though.

Some good news here, excited for the aq war effort and merge. About the race transfer though, i was wondering if that will be a paid service or if it might be free? Would probably be interested in changing my mage to horde if it is, i understand if not though.
Would like the idea having the populated faction doing it free when it is >60%. I'm saying this as low Horde.

18% K2 War effort.

Check two days later.

Still 18% K2 War effort.

Well.... we're fucked.

I'm sure AQ40 will be out on other servers before K2 at this rate.

18% K2 War effort.

Check two days later.

Still 18% K2 War effort.

Well.... we're fucked.

The war effort started on 4th december. The auto completion kicks in (or should?) one month after the start of the war effort. Not all hope is lost.

only 18 ? i have to say people on k2 are poorly,if not dedicated at all. Nothing on bank chars, alts etc was farmed months ago?

18% K2 War effort.

Check two days later.

Still 18% K2 War effort.

Well.... we're fucked.

First, Kronos staff still can go for auto-completition. Second, rumors are that some future Scarab Lords hold the mats - they want to be able to choose the date of AQ event.

First, Kronos staff still can go for auto-completition. Second, rumors are that some future Scarab Lords hold the mats - they want to be able to choose the date of AQ event.

Do you really think they have mazs for 80+% of the war effort stored? Wouldnt it make more sense to store like 20% and pump it all in near the desired date?

Yea, but my point was - War Effort can speed up near the end of it, and now it's slower than it can be. It's not like those first 18% were pre-farmed.

Without auto-completition it will take a few months, I don't think one should even analyze the progress bar to figure it out.

I dont get what the big deal of the farming part of this event. It was a big deal 11y ago because there was a competition between servers (world/EU/US/Country 1st) and it was powered by hardcore guild to have a shot at 1st down worldwide. What makes the event unique and awesome was it was limited, rushed and you had to select someone to complete the scepter.

In the fact you are just losing money, so there is no urge for random joe to get the mats.

the war effort gets completed in bursts, not to mention i'm sure there are many of the top guilds farming for scarabs right now, just as we saw on kronos 1 (soooo many guilds, atleast on alliance started farming mats only months later when they were satisfied with the number of black scarab mounts in their possession).

I dont get what the big deal of the farming part of this event. It was a big deal 11y ago because there was a competition between servers (world/EU/US/Country 1st) and it was powered by hardcore guild to have a shot at 1st down worldwide. What makes the event unique and awesome was it was limited, rushed and you had to select someone to complete the scepter.

In the fact you are just losing money, so there is no urge for random joe to get the mats.

Insert *thank you* gif here.

Top Bottom