• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Server Merge and Naxxramas

only 18 ? i have to say people on k2 are poorly,if not dedicated at all. Nothing on bank chars, alts etc was farmed months ago?
I think your expectations of things "farmed months ago" is out of proportion simply because, unlike on K1, there were not many months with nothing to do. Since K2 started there has always been something to level, someone to gear, reputation to farm... and just when that slowed down we got new content. D2 sets, Cenarion rep, ZG. Not to forget the horrid bug fragments farm.
There is not really any time nor huge incentive to farm a panamax-sized shipment of tin bars. The only people I know who actually turned in a lot for the war effort have done thorium (because super easy) and rugged leather.

K1 rate was 2% a day until ddos happened. Around 35% at day 16. K2 is at almost half that at day 16.

I still have the spreadsheets from the guys who farmed our 4 scarab mounts and the fragments farmed per day and the needed rate they had to farm to keep up.

It's important, if we're going to merge, that AQ is released soon for K2 players. Give them some time to farm it. You can hardly release AQ AND Naxx at the same time on a new merged server. That's when K2 players would probably(rightly) complain about how it was done.

Lets look into the crystal ball. Extremely optimistically, K2 finishes The War Effort in...3 months. Ok, now lets add 1 or more months farming time. So we could be looking at 4+ months before a merge and Naxx. Keep in mind there are new Fresh Starts coming that always attract players away.

If you release AQ on K2 now they can enjoy the new content, get their AQ gear and be on even footing with K1, ready for a merge in a month or two. Is it a perfect solution? No. But it's the easily the best out of all the available. Maybe we can come up with a separate solution for people that want a bug mount?

Once we're successfully merged a united Kronos can be the place players come to enjoy the endgame. Don't want to run MC and ZG for the millionth time? Come to Kronos. The Vanilla endgame along with the transfer to TBC separates Kronos from the rest. They just have to play their cards right.

greatannouncements, great to see timelines, look forward to most ofthis.
not to nitpick but i would like to point out theres only 21 raidingguilds atm (me me da, onslaught, friend, friends, memento mori,synced, doomhaus, gulch trotters, risen, bohemia, kairos, blacklabel,control, u&v, agony, lost in sauce, redemption, hotline, orgrim,vanguard, and crimson)
ifi am mistaken, let me know

Are there really that many guilds? Do any of them do anything besidesraid log? Or is it just 5 guilds that have made other guilds to raidon their alts with?
Certainlynot representative of the 5 to 20 people I see in Org or If at anygiven time.
P.S.Vinnylee afk in Org for 25 hours a day doesn't count as highpopulation.

His list is quite correct. Hotline has stopped raiding, but he forgot Irae, who are still taking down C’Thun.
All these raiding guilds are active and the majority have cleared AQ40 or are progressing it. There is a bit of crossover, but I think no guild, aside from, perhaps, Gulch Trotters, has more than half a dozen players who are raiding with multiple guilds. As to hosting, Onslaught takes in a few Fireborn Clan-tagged players for some raids, Irae has some War Sole left, and KairoS brings in randoms to make up numbers, but that’s about it.

Reasons behind the grumbling towards Game Master statements like the one Davros made earlier primarily stem from the fact that, as officers in various raiding guilds, we actually monitor everything closely, so when we are told about "active characters/active IP" statistics, it seems obvious to us why relying solely on these parameters is somewhat misleading the staff. Plus, the population is now fragmented by time zone to a larger extent and players in established guilds raid log more. This is how it actually breaks down:

Alliance
SEA: Me Me Da, Friend
RU: Outplayed
EU: Memento Mori, Synced, Irae, Vanguard, KairoS, Doomhaus, Bohemia
NA: Risen, Unite and Vanquish, Control
AU: Gulch Trotters
Horde
EU: Agony, Orgrim, Friends, Redemption, Crimson, Lost in Sauce
NA: Onslaught, BlackLabel

If you think about K1 Alliance December 2015 you will notice that instead of Memento Mori, KairoS, Doomhaus and Outplayed were Horizon, Rebirth, Invictus and Blackwater. However, the latter were all active International guilds, while now Outplayed is a closed-in Russian enclave and some core players in Memento Mori and KairoS, like similar players in Synced, Irae, Vanguard and even the Czech Bohemia, have limited their in-game activity to raiding to a large degree.

The fact that the overall raiding population still remains, perhaps, slightly larger than it was a year ago, matters little, because these small bumps are split by timezone.
Kronos used to be an active, heavily EU Realm with a symbolic NA presence. With almost the same number of players and with many veterans limiting themselves to raiding, it is now also somewhat more balanced, time zone-wise, the effect of it being that there is not a single part of the day when Kronos looks crowded anymore, even during the Thursday & Sunday EU prime time, everyone being locked in instances at the time.

This is mainly a consequence of the timeline imposed by Twinstar. We were promised a BWL release after enough guilds cleared MC, AQ40 after enough guilds cleared BWL, Naxxramas after enough guilds cleared AQ40. While the release of BWL was only slightly delayed, these promises were broken afterwards.
Instead of a healthy 4-5 months between MC, BWL, AQ40 and Naxxramas, which would’ve had us killing KT sometime in July 2016, i.e. an almost perfect replica of the original 2005-2006 release, both timeline-wise and gearing-wise, we have been forced into this exhausting schedule which will have had us playing this patch for 2.5 years - a quarter of a decade - before we will be given the opportunity to engage KT.
Imagine Blizzard released Naxxramas in August 2007, as Kronos will likely release it now in August 2017, and think about the fact that this WoW is, not to put too fine a point, a bit less fresh than it was 11 years ago.

I do understand that Twinstar, in order to remain afloat, relies in large part on hundreds of characters being leveled, geared and abandoned over and over and over and over, but I do not see how launching a new Kronos after this one would’ve ended progress in summer 2016, a new Kronos which would’ve been pristine, thoroughly “PTR-tested” during the previous release, with a committed 18 months timeline, would not have made for an even more financially successful decision, having captured the imagination of the thousands upon thousands of players flocking wherever else despite the high likelihood of another crash & burn and without even an inkling as to when or if Naxxramas will be out there.

EDIT: @Fei, as to your question, he wrote:
Today, the population on Kronos as a whole in comparison toearlier has more than doubled, going from twenty to more than fiftyactive raiding guilds. It has therefore taken some imagination tounderstand the argument parts of certain members of the community whohave expressed that Kronos as a whole is somehow is ‘dying’.
We do however recognize that a few months ago the population waseven higher than it currently is today (more so on Kronos I).
"as a whole"; K1+K2.

Last edited:
We cancelled our sunday AQ40 due to lack of players. We had already reduced raid days to two days per week due to lack of interest, this was about a month ago..

So you can probably strike Gulch Trotters from the list in the coming days :(

You should really disable XP gain or put a bigger warning on the PTR atm. Today alone I already saved around 10 levelers who got suggested to the PTR realm and were already lvl 5-10.

Alright, it's the 20th of December 2016.

Current War Effort - 18 % (Server total)

Let's expect the current scenario:

1 % every day until 95 % (which is extremely unlikely due to the loss of population and the experience we made with the War Effort on Kronos 1 / It's on 18% since 3 days?) -> 77 days

95 % to 100 % in 1 day (Like on Kronos 1) -> 1 day

Atleast 10 days blizzlike break between 100 % completion and opening of AQ gates -> 10 days

Chero stated that he wants 'a couple' guilds to clear AQ40 and catch up with gear. I'd say atleast atleast 4 ID's. AQ40 was opened on a sunday on Kronos 1 but let's still say atleast 30 days -> 30 days

Makes a total of 118 days.

That's the 17th of April 2017.

Issues:

- More people will leave Kronos 2 due to another project opening in the beginning of 2017 / Getting frustrated of no BG's and half-full 40-man raids)

- Kronos 1 didn't reach 1 % each day even with low level chars (x7 event) farming low level mats and the advantage of preparing for AQ war effort between the release of BWL and the start of the effort. So it's every unlikely that 1 % a day will be possible

- Chero stated that they want a few guilds to clear AQ40 and gear up before the merge. Even if C'thun gets killed in the 1st ID, it will still take a couple weeks to gear up people. We don't know how many guilds Chero wants to see clearing AQ40 and what kind of gear they should have before the merge

- We don't know if everything for the merge will be ready until then (software / hardware wise)

Still against War Effort auto completion?

Without auto completion this will take half a year. The Purple Lotus part is pure pain since they are both rare and not particularly valuable. Nothing is fun about the resource farming, you lose money by participating in fact. You literally get punished for working on War Effort instead of farming plaguebloom or something useful. As others have said you also have a lot of guilds deliberately not participating until their members aiming for the bug mount are ready to go.

Ah yea and the chinese invasion helped at the start of the War Effort big times.

The longer the War Effort takes -> The more people will get upset and leave -> which makes the War Effort last even longer.

Really, since we're merging I don't see how it can't start auto-completing. The timelines just don't work out otherwise. We had a ton of new players and it still took many months on K1. Limit it to another month or something. Nobody can complain since it's actually "Blizz-like".

Hey. We could have finished the war effort sooner if Vanguard decided to turn in their mats instead of holding on to them. THANKS VANGUARD!

Hey. We could have finished the war effort sooner if Vanguard decided to turn in their mats instead of holding on to them. THANKS VANGUARD!

Yea, I totally forgot. There will also be people that hold back materials in order to finish their rep grind for the scarab mount.

Another issue that will delay the completion of the War Effort.

I like cookies. Do you like cookies? I eat my cookies on my scarab mount. :wub:

They changed their plans for us, they reacted to the complains and you now complain even more.. geez, stop bitching around and farm mats for the War Effort if you have time to sit in forums and write wall of texts.

One thing to consider is that war effort on Kronos 1 was prolonged due to DDoS, followed by 2 weeks offline time, followed by nearly a month of horrible lag prior to opening of AQ. No one even bothered to turn in any mats at that point. So around 2 months were completely wasted. Before that, the pace was 2-3% per day. So realistically it should have ended in two months. 3 maximum.

EDIT: By the way, disable experience ASAP on the test realm. I saw some poor souls online levelling at levels 1-5 :/

The last time Kronos had a PTR up it supported some server commands for all players.
You could spawn items up to a certain item level.

Could you possible change the settings so we can spawn in consumables for easier testing?
I think more people will be encouraged to do more test runs if they don't have to mess with buffs.

These would be handy :)
.additem "Flask of the Titans"
.additem "Flask of Distilled Wisdom"
.additem "Flask of Supreme Power"

Also learning these in the spellbook for quick buffing helps make testing much easier:
.learn 22818 (Mol'dar's Moxie)
.learn 22817 (Fengus' Ferocity)
.learn 22820 (Slip'kik's Savvy)
.learn 16609 (Warchiefs blessing)
.learn 22888 (Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer)
.learn 24425 (Spirit of Zandalar)
.learn 15366 (Songflower Serenade)

On mangos zero changing security to 0 for additem and learn in the command table in the database should do it.
It wont prevent people from spawning GM weapons though. I don't know how to implement an item level restriction like you had it before on the previous PTR.

CDGV1Zq.png

Last edited:
For those of us who didn't play during Vanilla retail, what exactly does this mean that the war effort will be blizzlike?

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up. I figured it was something like that judging by yours and sushis reaction. Glad to hear. Would you happen to know how long it took on retail before the autocomplete kicked in?

Top Bottom