• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Server Merge and Naxxramas

don't get me toxic cos I'm not playing anyway
but
can anyone tell
hows Kronos online today?
)

I don't know if you are trolling or not. If it's the case you are a master at it.
Considering the information you gave, the merge will happen when gates are open and Cthun at least killed once.
The problem is, K1 had more pop than k2 when AQ War effort started and it still lasted 6-7 months. So if the merge is in 7 months, what the point for us coming back now.

I never troll. I honestly doubt the war effort will take nearly that long. There's a much bigger difference between K1 pop and K2 pop when it comes to the war effort. K2 has a leg up based on active characters/active ips. K1's war effort completion time was unfortunately inflated due to the size of the population at the time it was launched. Also keep in mind that X7 was going on during that period, so many players instead of doing war effort stuff were levelling characters and/or alts. So using K1's completion time as a comparison isn't realistic, and as such should not be used. In fact, I have seen numerous players talking from K1 who are playing on K2 to help the war effort. So I honestly doubt it will be near the length of time that K1's took.

Last edited:
The sooner the gates open, the better. It will give K2 players the chance to get some AQ gear before Naxx. Have the War Effort be "Blizz-like" as was mentioned. i just fear a never ending War Effort like on K1. This is a really positive change, please make it as soon as possible.

I never troll. I honestly doubt the war effort will take nearly that long. There's a much bigger difference between K1 pop and K2 pop when it comes to the war effort. K2 has a leg up based on active characters/active ips. K1's war effort completion time was unfortunately inflated due to the size of the population at the time it was launched. Also keep in mind that X7 was going on during that period, so many players instead of doing war effort stuff were levelling characters and/or alts. So using K1's completion time as a comparison isn't realistic, and as such should not be used. In fact, I have seen numerous players talking from K1 who are playing on K2 to help the war effort. So I honestly doubt it will be near the length of time that K1's took.

1. x7 event actually speed up the war effort since low lvl chars were farming low level materials
2. K2 population will decline once all the new projects are up and running

Since the question was dodged again:

a) No the War Effort on K2 will be exactly the same as it was on K1
b) K2 will be blizzlike -> stepwise auto completion
c) The Kronos staff is still discussing this issue and we will get back to you asap

Choose.

So, what he is saying is that the War Effort on Kronos 2 will be the same as on Kronos 1, i.e. not Blizzard-like. It could be MONTHS.

This announce came just in time to satisfy the imminent needs of the players about the future of project Kronos, but it didn't include any exact dates which can be seen as both good and bad. Good side is that it leaves the GM team with more room to work with, bad as it doesn't give us raiders the precise information we seek - Naxx and merge release dates. The GM team surely took all this in account and decided that the wisest way is to have more room to operate and I fully agree; The Server is in a delicate situation and locking all your options is not the way to move forwards.

What comes to the shallow information about the nature of K2 war effort, this must be mainly due to same reasons as not including exact dates for the previous mentioned releases. One thing most of us can agree on - the faster it's over the better. I personally think we don't need an official announcement on this, the GMs can monitor the progress and act if needed.

Btw are you still alive sushi, or a (forum)ghost from the past?

I don't think the Kronos staff is stupid enough not to speed up the War Effort at least to some extent, but they probably also understand that the merge isn't probably prepared/performed overnight. To give some perspective, it took Feenix five months to merge three vanilla servers after I heard from a GM that it's being "worked on" (by Feenix standards). So obviously, they want to keep a flexible deadline to fall back on until their work is closer to finished, and only then kick some speed up the war effort.

I also hope it'll be done as soon as possible (and fear for it to have little to no effect if it's way too late), but I doubt raving about it on the forums will change much. Worst case the developers will spend time reading/replying to our posts that could be spent on working on the merge.

Not turning on auto-complete (daily 3% or something like that) after a month or so will be a huge mistake.

Still, I am 100% sure about this feature because i was raidleader of Divine Wrath EU-Sargeras (4th French guild to kill Nefarian on 7/11/2005) a low horde pop server, we had to wait for the auto-complete to kick in to start AQ40. I can't find a single real proof of it -_-...

Btw are you still alive sushi, or a (forum)ghost from the past?

Boo-Ghost-Gif.gif

I don't think the Kronos staff is stupid enough not to speed up the War Effort at least to some extent, but they probably also understand that the merge isn't probably prepared/performed overnight. To give some perspective, it took Feenix five months to merge three vanilla servers after I heard from a GM that it's being "worked on" (by Feenix standards). So obviously, they want to keep a flexible deadline to fall back on until their work is closer to finished, and only then kick some speed up the war effort.

I also hope it'll be done as soon as possible (and fear for it to have little to no effect if it's way too late), but I doubt raving about it on the forums will change much. Worst case the developers will spend time reading/replying to our posts that could be spent on working on the merge.

They literally posted a few comments ago saying otherwise.

Having read though the post and trying to take a minute to digest it, the simple conclusion is that in trying to fix k1 they will be ruining k2. A merge should not happen till Kel'Thuzad has been killed at least once on k2, otherwise the difference in playing field is simply too drastic to justify. These would include a year more of rank 14s, enormous gear disparity with the few k1 guilds having people with multiple alts in full AQ40 gear, a year more of material/consumable/gold farmed, and the list could go on as this is just some quick major issues.

From the response I've seen from others on k2, a lot of people would rather go to nost2.0 rather than play on a server that gets ruined by a merge. I don't know where I stand on the idea of going to nost2.0, but the merge is crappy news as it currently stands.

Having read though the post and trying to take a minute to digest it, the simple conclusion is that in trying to fix k1 they will be ruining k2. A merge should not happen till Kel'Thuzad has been killed at least once on k2, otherwise the difference in playing field is simply too drastic to justify. These would include a year more of rank 14s, enormous gear disparity with the few k1 guilds having people with multiple alts in full AQ40 gear, a year more of material/consumable/gold farmed, and the list could go on as this is just some quick major issues.

From the response I've seen from others on k2, a lot of people would rather go to nost2.0 rather than play on a server that gets ruined by a merge. I don't know where I stand on the idea of going to nost2.0, but the merge is crappy news as it currently stands.

Is that really all that you see? You don't see the opportunity of increasing and stabilizing the raiding scene, player pool, BG pool etc.? I'll address the things you mentioned:
  • Number of r14s is irrelevant because in battlegrounds you will have people from both factions queueing up and balancing it out.
  • Consumables farmed are also irrelevant because how many consumables I have in my bank affects how many you have in no way. If anything, it means less competition out in the world when trying to pick herbs etc.
  • The gear difference could play a role only if you consider Naxxramas server-firsts race. From what I've seen of K2 guilds, there don't seem to be guilds that tryhard on Synced/Vanguard level anyway so there isn't really competition. But either way, you can always filter out K2-only guilds for ranking if you prefer.

You are saying no to more activity for both realms only because some other guys in Ironforge / Orgrimmar would have a few more epics than you? Seriously?

Top Bottom