• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information What Experience Rates You Prefer?

Experience Rates

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yeah, I've explored everything. Multiple times.
I did almost all of the quests on my mage on ED till lvl 49, and I got no problems with picking up more as my experience bar rose. And after my level, there were plenty of zones to go to, starting Feralas. You know them all, I won't name them.

I know this is of-topic, but I'd like to continue the activity.

Lol "1x because I don't want to out level the content."

Trust me, you won't out level anything at 2x or maybe even 3x.

I personally would want it to be 2 - 3x, I played vanilla back in the day, and while it was fun the first time around when everything in WoW is new and mysterious, not so much on a private server 10 years later.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather it be 1x then something ridiculous like 12x, but you can have the satisfaction and "pride" when you finally hit 60 at 2x, and people will have a general knowledge of their class at that leveling rate when they hit 60 aswell.

Then there's the whole issue with people not wanting to fully commit to a private server where you'll have around a week+ /played when you hit 60. Alot of people that will play here play on retail aswell, so thats even less time dedicated to an already extremely long part of the game. I wouldn't really care about that, but when you have a low population it screws with the economy, hard to get groups, etc. Just a drag really.

Also makes leveling alts a lot less of an ass-pain. But this is all just my opinion, I know there will be people that play on this server JUST because its 1x, but thats just my 2c.

edit: voted 1-2x

Last edited:
I think that there ARE enough quests to solely reach lvl 60....

I disagree. There certainly is not enough quests to get you to lvl 60 in my opinion (speaking from experience). You are expected to run instances in between. Which is why I don't want 1x rates. Last thing I want after 10 years is to grind in vanilla. Now that was crap.

Instances would be great. Except that there won't be as many players compared to retail WoW. Making it hard for people to find groups. Unless you manage to lvl at the same pace as the majority of the server.

I disagree. There certainly is not enough quests to get you to lvl 60 in my opinion (speaking from experience). You are expected to run instances in between. Which is why I don't want 1x rates. Last thing I want after 10 years is to grind in vanilla. Now that was crap.
Instances would be great. Except that there won't be as many players compared to retail WoW. Making it hard for people to find groups. Unless you manage to lvl at the same pace as the majority of the server.
Dungeons/Instances are part of the game, aswell as player vs. player mode. You can avoid it, but it's only gonna be you, who will feel missed out/something's missing.
If you don't want to grind then you have options of joining Warsong server or waiting for someone on Kronos to sell you his account/character.
I'm quite positive that Kronos will gather 1,000+ players around the globe, and that it won't be a problem to find people to make groups with. If you begin playing at the first year of release, I highly doubt that there will be a problem of making a group in close to peak hours time. I'm telling this from my experience from ED, at the time when the project was already 1-2 years old.

Last edited:
I'm playing WoD currently and leveling is really VERY easy.

Gameplay now is press your basic attack and push the buttons that light up when you get procs. It is very basic and most of the "fluff" from every class has gone because of ability streamlining.

I'm having fun running non stop dungeons I guess but I don't think I've spoken to a soul since I created my char (leveling 1-100, currently 76 after 2 weeks of casual play). I sit in town, wait for my dungeon queue to pop.

Can't wait for Vanilla tbh.

I voted 1-7x. If its 1x through normal questing and killing monsters, it would be nice to compromise and have 3x or 5x in dungeons which will make people want to make groups for instances.

Dungeons/Instances are part of the game, aswell as player vs. player mode. You can avoid it, but it's only gonna be you, who will feel missed out/something's missing.
If you don't want to grind then you have options of joining Warsong server or waiting for someone on Kronos to sell you his account/character.
I'm quite positive that Kronos will gather 1,000+ players around the globe, and that it won't be a problem to find people to make groups with. If you begin playing at the first year of release, I highly doubt that there will be a problem of making a group in close to peak hours time. I'm telling this from my experience from ED, at the time when the project was already 1-2 years old.

You misunderstood. I do want to run instances. There just won't be people as I will level really slow (if it's in fact blizzlike rates). Plus 1k players isn't really that much for vanilla anyway. 4k maybe :smile:. But that's utopia. Hence me not supporting the blizzlike rates so much.

It is definitly not easy and it takes very very long, but if the server aint 1x (LOCKED with no excusions) I would never ever think about playing here. So 1x and nothing else for me.

Just for the newcomers - This thread was created just out of curiosity and most likely will not affect curent 1x xp rate decision.

Just for the newcomers - This thread was created just out of curiosity and most likely will not affect curent 1x xp rate decision.

Untrue, this decision could make or break the server, affecting just how many players, many who are already entrenched in their current toon(s)/communities(read:buddies) actually decide to take the risk of abandoning it all for a fresh start.

I know previous kronos servers had greater than 1x xp rates, I'm sure someone can confirm the exact number.

I would actually not mind having more exp in dungeons. They usually take forever in Classic and didn't reward much exp so that's an area where I wouldn't mind a compromise.

For the rest pure 1x.

There's a compromise floating around somewhere. Just a hunch, but pretty sure most 1x fanboys will still play with (probably optional for those masochists) higher rates.

For crying out loud, every pserver that advertises "Blizzlike" is so horribly deviated from it, and people just eat it up like they're starving.
Why chain kronos down?

There's plenty of hardmode/grindfest at level cap.

One last thing, this game is nothing without community. It just makes sense to draw in as many individuals as they can, since they bring friends, and those friends bring more.
Increasing xp rates would increase people giving the server a shot.

Last edited:
There's a compromise floating around somewhere. Just a hunch, but pretty sure most 1x fanboys will still play with (probably optional for those masochists) higher rates.

For crying out loud, every pserver that advertises "Blizzlike" is so horribly deviated from it, and people just eat it up like they're starving.
Why chain kronos down?

There's plenty of hardmode/grindfest at level cap.

One last thing, this game is nothing without community. It just makes sense to draw in as many individuals as they can, since they bring friends, and those friends bring more.
Increasing xp rates would increase people giving the server a shot.

Its called Vanilla for a reason, goddamit. This is not Cataclysm where everybody gets to level up in a blink of an eye and then those better players have to put up with them.
Difficult leveling up is part of the Vanilla experience and people who seek challenge are here for a reason, we dont need another "smells like fun" generic server full of newbs who came only because they saw the increased exp rates.
Bringing friends? Seriously? Everybody knows that most of us dont have any, thats why we are here, and every newbie ever will seek new expansions instead, because they are newb friendly and fun. I think that the 1x rates are one of the things that are luring people here.
Did you ever try to get your friend to play WoW in general? 9/10 people will quit IMHO, i saw this many times.

Edit: To stay true to the topic, obviously 1x rates are way to go, if people want higher rates, you can just f.ck off to Cata where you can buy all the heirlooms you want and better yet, join some cesspool guild for that 10% exp bonus.

Last edited:
Its called Vanilla for a reason, goddamit. This is not Cataclysm where everybody gets to level up in a blink of an eye and then those better players have to put up with them.
Difficult leveling up is part of the Vanilla experience and people who seek challenge are here for a reason, we dont need another "smells like fun" generic server full of newbs who came only because they saw the increased exp rates.
Bringing friends? Seriously? Everybody knows that most of us dont have any, thats why we are here, and every newbie ever will seek new expansions instead, because they are newb friendly and fun. I think that the 1x rates are one of the things that are luring people here.
Did you ever try to get your friend to play WoW in general? 9/10 people will quit IMHO, i saw this many times.

Edit: To stay true to the topic, obviously 1x rates are way to go, if people want higher rates, you can just f.ck off to Cata where you can buy all the heirlooms you want and better yet, join some cesspool guild for that 10% exp bonus.

I believe that (obviously) blizzlike rates are not the way to go. You know, blizzlike is not just the rates. It's 1) bug free - ie everything working as it did back then and 2) population, which simply cannot be achieved by a private server. No, 1k simply won't be enough for the blizzlike feeling.

I believe that (obviously) blizzlike rates are not the way to go. You know, blizzlike is not just the rates. It's 1) bug free - ie everything working as it did back then and 2) population, which simply cannot be achieved by a private server. No, 1k simply won't be enough for the blizzlike feeling.

Then good luck finding any Vanilla server with 1k+ population... You dont get it, do you? As so many here mentioned, almost no new players come back to Vanilla or they just pass by.
Blizzlike is Blizzlike, simple as that. You want blizzlike? Here you go, have a nice 1x rates buddy..oh you dont want that? well thats a shame, dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.

1k is pretty good success, even for any other private server running new expansions. I think that 1k will be very OK, keep in mind that not all of the Blizz servers are 10K+ (seems thats what you imagine), there was and still is alot of low-pop servers where you dont meet anybody for hours.

Cut the c.ap please, just run through all this s.it, people that want 1x rates are all over the place, its MAJORITY of us, we DO have to kill our real lives somehow, best if it is slow and painful.

Untrue, this decision could make or break the server, affecting just how many players, many who are already entrenched in their current toon(s)/communities(read:buddies) actually decide to take the risk of abandoning it all for a fresh start.

I know previous kronos servers had greater than 1x xp rates, I'm sure someone can confirm the exact number.

Before saying that I'm not telling truth:
1. Read the Server information at main page - XP/Gold/Drop rates: x1
2. Read the first post of this thread - Just for curiosity, I'm asking you to select your preferred experience rate.

Before saying that I'm not telling truth:
1. Read the Server information at main page - XP/Gold/Drop rates: x1
2. Read the first post of this thread - Just for curiosity, I'm asking you to select your preferred experience rate.

Read Chero's latest update, not everything is set in stone.
He mentioned a couple topics, "and more". Is this not the most heated topic?

Lets not be presumptuous / elitist and think twinstar/kronos cares about "blizzlike" (which the server already isn't) more than a large playerbase which equals profit via donations.

Look I wouldnt mind going all wall of text venting my opinion, but Im on my cranky gf's stolen phone and really can't.

I would level 1x with my brother if thats what twinstar chose. But large masses of people just dont want to do the mind numbing grind again, regardless of the # of fixes.
Feenix already proved inferior quality can still be on top. A lot of this server's pop WILL stem from them, IF they can be taken.

Edit- also 1-60 1x is not a foolproof ****** filter, more of a casual filter.

Cut the c.ap please, just run through all this s.it, people that want 1x rates are all over the place, its MAJORITY of us, we DO have to kill our real lives somehow, best if it is slow and painful.

Majority on forums =/= real majority. Twinstar itself posted on these very forums that they cannot take the forums, nor the forum polls too seriously.

Majority of people have jobs, at least. Many with school. I myself have both and a baby on the way. Game time is limited, this is a reality.

And when I said friends? I meant word of mouth through the competing server's community. (No I don't really have friends in real life either, but everyone has priorities, son.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Majority on forums =/= real majority. Twinstar itself posted on these very forums that they cannot take the forums, nor the forum polls too seriously.

Majority of people have jobs, at least. Many with school. I myself have both and a baby on the way. Game time is limited, this is a reality.

And when I said friends? I meant word of mouth through the competing server's community. (No I don't really have friends in real life either, but everyone has priorities, son.)

So basicly the same reasons retail wow is the shit that it is,cos people dont have time and want lvl 60 and full epix in a day or 2.

You dont have as much time?? Np you will just lvl longer.
People forget that Leveling = playing the game!!!! No ?!?!
You dont have time to raid anyways,right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom