• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information What Experience Rates You Prefer?

Experience Rates

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I work too, but i just need and want something that will last long, i really am in no rush to cap and grind gear.

2x or even 3x wont let you skip zones, just a few annoying quests and some grinding.

Grind is good! Gets you those trade goods and cash in your pocket.

I forsee MC trash then soon bosses being pugged, but I mostly plan on bging with my brother for exalted rewards.

I'm looking for a 1x exp rate server.

I want to travel back in time and play classic WoW again, and I don't want it being made easier.

I want to earn my end-game character.

Last edited:
1x xp or its not blizzlike and it won't be exactly the same experience

This has been said many times on this forum. I think at this point everyone knows that it will never be exactly as it was, but it can be "as close as it can". Stop being so annoying with this please.

1x is problematic when some quests are bugged. Thankfully most of the quests should be working from what I understand. Bonus xp in dungeons could possibly help foster a better community and socialization.

Don't kid your self, this server will not be blizzlike with reduced respec costs and a reduced hearth stone cool down.

The quote I miss-read was from Esso, I guess he was referring to the Twinstar TBC server. But there is still 10g respec costs.

Last edited:
Esso (TBC Developer) was talking about Twinstar's TBC server, not about Kronos. (another person asked about the status on the TBC server)

BG commands (or limited to innkepeers) from lvl 10 to 59 is all I ask.

If I can choose to explore, do dungeons, quest or pvp at any lvl I don't care what lvl I am or how slow I'm leveling, I'm having fun.

Last edited:
FULL Blizzlike will drive away A LOT of players instead of attracting them. There is no shame in "smoothing" player's experience by tuning things that just create frustration and annoy ppl. Don't tell me that reducing the heartstone CD is a valid reason to bitch about it. Seriously the "blizzlike" fanboys will kill the server from the beginning with their intollerance about everything. If it's reasonable and not game-breaking i see no reason to avoid doing it, certainly not because it's not Blizzlike.

Last edited:
BG commands & joined AH look nice. Lower CD on hearthstone I don't think is a big issue either.

Changing graveyard locations though would impact open world pvp quite heavily imo.

I feel that the hearth stone cd should stay blizzlike, but this is not the proper thread to discuss that I merely misread esso's post. I brought up the topic of 10g respec cap to show how this server is not blizzlike and how increased dungeon xp would help foster a better community.

none of that will happen on Kronos

Right now it might be minor changes, but look at wow in on retail. Minor changes over a few years means the games has changed massively.
Just don't give into anything, else you open the gates for me "minor" changes.

Right now it might be minor changes, but look at wow in on retail. Minor changes over a few years means the games has changed massively.

+1 :smile:

But, the minor change of capping respec costs are okay? And with the news of 59 and below bg queues and raid tuning?
Increased dungeon quest experience will encourage people to group up and possibly socialize before hitting level 60, leveling up to level 60 is usually done solo since it's easier and less time consuming than find a group. It would be nice to test out all of the dungeon scripts if they are in fact working.

Players already actively go to dungeons and do quests + socialize in there without any tweeks, if you check other servers.

Players already actively go to dungeons and do quests + socialize in there without any tweeks, if you check other servers.

But why not encourage it ? It seems that leaving a barren and difficult ground to new players/casuals will benefit the server a lot more than "tweaking" things to an optimal state. Encouraging players in doing some tasks that are beneficial for the server in general is a good and sensed thing to do. Arguments like: "No it's not Blizzlike because in servers with 20.000 pop they didn't do that at that time !" are just dumb to me. Smoothing players experience is a pro not a con.

i love doing dungeons, groups werent that hard to find for ED when it was popular.

queuing for lowbie bgs is good because on other servers they never happen. ever. even if the twink bracket exists its twinks v twinks. this just revives a good pastime, an alternate to burning out on leveling / grinding.

tweaking mc hasnt been confirmed, it will probably remain untouched. untuned mc ia fine with me.

- - - Updated - - -

even a month or so ago, when everyone and their mom is 60 on ED, i found groups for each major dungeon on.my road to cap. even stuff like BFD that many just skip. i play solo too. didnt do mara purple side, that was it i think. sides the deadmines and stocks which horde never do.

I'm leaving the current wod blizz expansion cuze of the high-rated exp.If u have some heirlooms u can boost around lv 70 in one day.....this is not wow that used to be.Where is the low lv fun,the low lv world pvp...everyone is boosting some instant queue dungeons.I preffer the 1x that used be in back days. (sry for my bad english).
So 1x ftw!

First of all, I red numerous posts here preaching about "Blizz-like". Let's be honest about it, x1 rate doesn't determine if server is going to feel like true Blizz-like or not. What's the point of x1 if some end game boss is going to be clumsy scripted or possible to abuse because of script flaws, at least to say, or to have quests that are not working, or if some crucial class spell/talents are bugged? It's been 10 years or so, since game release and we (most of us) already had a chance on numerous private servers to re-live our retail experience, and another leveling toon at x1 exp rate is going to be just one big headache, not to mention what someone already said, it will be less appealing for newcomers, which in the end of the day affects server population.

However, x1 exp rate have it good sides, none of it related to Blizz-like arguments. Future guilds on Kronos can feel much safer about their eventual recruits. Player who invest few weeks or so into leveling, is much less likely to stop playing for childish in-game reasons (item drama, anyone?) and is much more likely to stay active in guild day-to-day life and attend as many raids as possible.

Keeping both of these arguments in mind, i'd suggest having x1 rate with temporary exp boost (weekends or vote, or both) or eventually, x1 with optional x2/x3 (or other way around).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom