• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Which Class will you pick?

So what are you

• Druid

Votes: 59 10.4%
  • Hunter

Votes: 70 12.4%
  • Mage

Votes: 91 16.1%
  • Paladin

Votes: 67 11.8%
  • Priest

Votes: 81 14.3%
  • Rogue

Votes: 99 17.5%
  • Shaman

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • Warlock

Votes: 86 15.2%
  • Warrior

Votes: 125 22.1%

• Total voters
Go warlock. The are always needed, ususally the best dps and really fun to play.
Especially in end game, you won't regret it.

I have already played most classes vanilla endgame, both on Feenix and on retail vanilla, especially in terms of raiding. Exceptions are Druids, Hunters(raided with them in all other expansions) and Shamans(only done 1 MC and 1 ZG run). Warlock is fun yeah if you are SM/Ruin and allowed to have corruption on target for those nightfall procs(which often meant your own death if you didnt look at threat) and also in PvP as they are abit tougher to handle properly.
Though I enjoy healing and have raided and PvP'd as priest (r13) and also raided as paladin, so I'm thinking of main/alt of Warlock+Priest/Paladin/Druid where one is main and other is alt.

Time will tell.

I would like to play DPS for Change. On Horde Theres alot Rogues but hows alliance? Rogue or mage?

I would like to play DPS for Change. On Horde Theres alot Rogues but hows alliance? Rogue or mage?

Rogue and Mage are always very popular on Vanilla servers. Warlocks are somewhat rare, from what I've seen. Even though this poll does not support that fact.

More DOTS!

In first weeks, you will be invited because of lockpicking (you must have max skill ofc). And then.. you will have a harder time than Healer/tank.

Are Paladins good for RAIDing/PvP?

Healing wise, they are very strong and very useful for sure for both raiding and pvp.

Ret is not very useful for raiding due to very low dps. Some guilds do use one for nightfall coverage but other guilds (and my own preference) is to rather have an offtank do that duty if they dont need to tank on a certain encounter. In pvp it varies based on your playstyle. You are usually not the upfront damagedealer unless you have insane gear, but more the supportive player in offense by assisting the other damagedealers.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain how DPS in catform works with a druid? Is it better to use a slow or fast weapon? Or is cat attk speed normalized?

As i know, Cat fight with unarmed (1.0 attack speed?) and only attack power modifiers apply to its damage. Only stats on your weapon matters, not attack damage or speed.

Can anyone explain how DPS in catform works with a druid? Is it better to use a slow or fast weapon? Or is cat attk speed normalized?

Druids in either cat or bear form pick up 2 Attack Power per 1 Strength. Add to this that when in cat form, an additional 1 Attack Power per 1 Agility is also picked up. Druids have always had this ratio since the game first launched.

Animal form attack speeds are fixed and not changed by actual weapon carried, but a weightstone applied to a weapon DOES modify attack speed - this is also a Vanilla mechanic for them. It's not worth doing for a cat set up but it is a cheap and effective consideration for bear form (as bears have a big fat slow swing speed that gets modded).

In Vanilla animal forms NEVER proc (or process) a carried weapon's special effect that is triggered by a random strike, such as a Fiery Weapon enchant or the stun effect from Unstoppable Force. Animal form attacks DO have the random chance to trigger worn items with the text "chance on melee hit" such as the Hand of Justice trinket.

As a general statement, one of the better enchants to get on a weapon for a druid for DPS is Superior Impact for +9 which is factored directly into your damage range. The enchant 2h weapon Agility for +25 would net you some adjusted attack power plus crit, but it falls short for total DPS added overall.

Druids in cat form can do some especially good DPS when they strive to get every Strength + Attack Power buff they can get their hands on, but realistically they will fall short of other true DPS classes by a substantial margin. How substantial? It varies from the classes, but a progression guild would be hurting themselves by having combat trinkets / jewelry / weapons go to a druid when a melee class would simply get a better return from them due to their class mechanics being built for it.

It's kind of like a Balance druid or an Elemental shaman gearing up for raid DPS and falling WAY short on effectiveness / efficiency in comparison with Mages & Warlocks if they had gotten the items instead. If your guild is great with it, cool.

I can't decide between priest and warlock. I like healing but I want to find dungeon group easier and maybe there will be overpopulation of healer class. On the other hand I can run dungeons as SH priest.

With warlock it's easier to farm and that's why it could be a better choice as a first char.

[Do I need to download Kronos vanilla game client or any other (1.12.1) vanilla client will work? ]

[Do I need to download Kronos vanilla game client or any other (1.12.1) vanilla client will work? ]
You can use any vanilla client you want, just edit realmlist.

But, beware of Feenix client, they have custom modified WoW.exe

Last edited:
Since I enjoy every pure dps class, and all can be great in pvp, I will probably select the least played one. I expected more peeps to pick rogue

I'll be playing one of each class, if I'm allowed to have 2 accounts or make Horde and Alliance on the same account.

To start though, I'll be leveling my human paladin.

Still kind of depends on what my friends are gonna play.
Most probably Warlock.

Funny to see Mages/Locks/Warriors being dominant in the poll,
seems like a lot of people wanna top de DPS list in Raids
:innocent:

Ill be that drunk naked male dwarf running around naked in duskwood

I'll make sure not to gank you but have a good ol' drink by the campfire if you're up for it laddie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom