• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Which Class will you pick?

So what are you

• Druid

Votes: 59 10.4%
  • Hunter

Votes: 70 12.4%
  • Mage

Votes: 91 16.1%
  • Paladin

Votes: 67 11.8%
  • Priest

Votes: 81 14.3%
  • Rogue

Votes: 99 17.5%
  • Shaman

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • Warlock

Votes: 86 15.2%
  • Warrior

Votes: 125 22.1%

• Total voters
It's strange seeing Warrior as the #1 choice. My experience in Vanilla is that Warriors are few and far between, and it's difficult to find a Protection spec warrior. I had one or two prot specc'ed warriors in my groups, the rest wanted to be DPS!

I will try and relive the good ol' tanking days. I'm rolling a horde warrior, most likely undead.

It's strange seeing Warrior as the #1 choice. My experience in Vanilla is that Warriors are few and far between, and it's difficult to find a Protection spec warrior. I had one or two prot specc'ed warriors in my groups, the rest wanted to be DPS!

I will try and relive the good ol' tanking days. I'm rolling a horde warrior, most likely undead.

So many warrior/prot warrior.. Pick ether one :)

I really want to go warrior because I loved it in BC and WOTLK (as well as the brief time I spent leveling on peenix) but seeing the results of this poll put me off a bit. I've never played vanilla at endgame but I know that warriors are basically the only tanks, and that they are one of the most popular classes. Will the overabundance of warriors be an issue?

That really depends imo! If you insist on being DPSwarrior you'll have an issue. Go tank and you won't have a problem:)

whats the possibilty of getting into a raiding guild as rogue ? it was slim to none in vanilla retail x)

Rogues were pretty much the highest DPS in Vanilla with Mages... don't know what you mean but Rogues were definitely needed.

Now if there was overabundance then yes, maybe you would get refused from already formed/raiding guilds.

Rogues were pretty much the highest DPS in Vanilla with Mages... don't know what you mean but Rogues were definitely needed.

Now if there was overabundance then yes, maybe you would get refused from already formed/raiding guilds.
What i meant was, that everybody and their grandma was playing rogues, there were so many of them, that u almost had next to no chance of getting into a guild :p

i didn't mean they were bad in anyway.. on the contrary they were quite op :D
sry for my bad choice of words :p

Hm...i Vote for Hunter...but will play lock...much more fun .W8ting for release :innocent:

man so many warriors x) i guess there wont be a shortage of tanks for once at least :)=

Yeah, too bad the grand majority of these warriors are usually always:

1) Poorly performing fury warriors
2) Tryhard arms PvP warriors
3) Crappy tanks

Will still probably be relatively hard to find a decent tank as always.

Yeah, too bad the grand majority of these warriors are usually always:

1) Poorly performing fury warriors
2) Tryhard arms PvP warriors
3) Crappy tanks

Will still probably be relatively hard to find a decent tank as always.
this post rly made me think of maybe going warrior x)

but i hear they are a pain to lvl...
and cant do much solo?...
never played warrior :innocent: played some paly and i know they were slow as hell

this post rly made me think of maybe going warrior x)

but i hear they are a pain to lvl...
and cant do much solo?...
never played warrior :innocent: played some paly and i know they were slow as hell

They aren't that bad to level. They do lack CC, so until level 30+ you can't really pull more than 2-3 mobs at once without blowing CDs.

People suggest leveling as arms up to level 30-40, then switching to fury. I myself found it easier to switch to DW fury at around lvl 20-25. You do miss a lot, but you still kill stuff easier than as an arms warrior. Because missing with a 2h or not getting lucky with overpower procs slows down the leveling process as arms by a lot more.

Leveling as fury gets a lot faster & easier once you reach the Enrage & Flurry talents (also for fighting multiple mobs as the more mobs are hitting you the greater the chance of proccing enrage and Whirlwind is added to your arsenal at lvl 36, which combined with Cleave makes killing multiple mobs easier aswell in zerker stance, which provides 3% more crit, increasing your chance of proccing flurry aswell and a greater & faster rage regen pool etc. It all adds up and helps a lot from lvl 30 onwards)

After you pick up Bloodthirst at level 40 it's straightforward & easy. You can also easily tank content as fury to up to level 50-55. Only then would you be truly required to switch to prot. And as a tank you would ALWAYS be the first to find a spot in groups (speaking from my own experience there is even a slightly higher demand for tanks than there is for healers)

And if you choose to play as horde, then there will be no retarded paladins to challenge your undisputed birthright claim on all mail & plate items from levels 1-60 (even shields, as shamans are after +spirit/+healing/+int/+sp shields usually.)

As far as tanking 5 man groups most of the time there isn't a fury warrior present, so you still get to hog all the fury & arms loot (or you could be clever and even make your own UBRS groups and not invite fury warriors on purpose to claim all fury gear from UBRS aswell whils't you're at it.)

I know people, who even went far enough to specificly not invite any fury warriors, rogues nor hunters to claim all melee loot, even Felstriker lol. (You don't really need any of those classes anyway. Stack up on warlocks and mages and you're good on CC (3-4 sheeps & counterspells make up for interrupts) and better on damage, also the damage is ranged, so it's more efficiently utilized (no running around the rooms and pulling more shit by accident etc.)

I'd say leveling a resto healer is harder, less solo-friendly and more time consuming.

Last edited:
Nothing is hard on 1x, since you keep up with gear. If it was 3x+ then yes melees are hardcore

If i remember correct on Vanilla i leveled War like a tank...it wast slow+ppl aways search tanks so u can make almost all Quest's for istance's.Its same like to up Healer......ppl always need them :biggrin:

Probably Priest.
90% chance of Being horde.
90% chance of being Undead.
90% chance of being Female.
ALT is going to be Warrior For sure.

I used to love choices, now im in distress.
*Played Blood Elf since launch of TBC*
:|

Probably Priest.
90% chance of Being horde.
90% chance of being Undead.
90% chance of being Female.

:|

that is what i started and raided with on retail vanilla back in 2005 :)) female undead priest called deadreviver, trololol... i only picked priest because rezing people sounded so cool to me... xD

that is what i started and raided with on retail vanilla back in 2005 :)) female undead priest called deadreviver, trololol... i only picked priest because rezing people sounded so cool to me... xD

Ressing makes me feel Powerful, I control their destiny! mohaha
If i dont like someone, they can release and run ;)

Really uncertain. Thinking of Warlock but open for any class atm, except maybe Rogue. Can't decide

Go warlock. The are always needed, ususally the best dps and really fun to play.
Especially in end game, you won't regret it.

Top Bottom