• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Server Merge and Naxxramas

Could someone please tell me why registering for this site produces a banning?

I registered my Nostalrious character about 3 weeks ago. When I started up the game I was informed that my account details were not acceptable. When I visited the Accounts page I was informed that I was banned. It gave a quote which I assume was meant to be attributed to me, but I have no knowledge of having made such a quote anywhere or at any time. It seems that the person who banned me was a Moderator by the name of Holaver. Who is he? I have never met him, have never spoken to him and this is the first time I have used this forum EVER. So will someone from Twinstar PLEASE talk to me!?

Could someone please tell me why registering for this site produces a banning?

I registered my Nostalrious character about 3 weeks ago. When I started up the game I was informed that my account details were not acceptable. When I visited the Accounts page I was informed that I was banned. It gave a quote which I assume was meant to be attributed to me, but I have no knowledge of having made such a quote anywhere or at any time. It seems that the person who banned me was a Moderator by the name of Holaver. Who is he? I have never met him, have never spoken to him and this is the first time I have used this forum EVER. So will someone from Twinstar PLEASE talk to me!?
Do you realize this is NOT Nostalrius? And Twinstar and Nostalrius are completely spearate servers that compete with each other? I banned you after you had written these two posts because you obviously don't want to play here (here on TwinStar and its server Kronos):

Where can I download a copy of Nostalrius please?
Anyone know where I can download Nostalrius, and is it still possible to recover your old character.

I have downloaded the one from the Kronos site but it is not a exe or zip file so am unable to use it.
What do you think the staff in KFC would do if you insisted on buying your Happy Meal there?

Haven't gotten a response so re-sending it.

"Main point is here please make another announcement that explicitly states what "blizzlike" war effort means and a timeline for the war effort for all to see. All I see here are players giving out conjectures of what it should be but in the end all that matters is what the Kronos say will happen. So please give us an announcement here otherwise you are leaving us in the dark again"

What does "blizzlike" mean for k2

Man, I'm impatient for the merge. I feel like a single united Kronos server has a great opportunity, in this moment, to pick up a lot of players unhappy with the other place.

Relax guys. Servers will merge in 3-5 months, after the other servers finally got their shit together. We need to go for maximum effect here, and that only works if we wait long enough for people to forget about Kronos and just play on the other services that spring up like weeds. And all of this won't matter anyways as long as people on K2 don't have their bug mounts, it's a matter of priorities. Like seriously, what's more important? Saving two dying servers or people having bug mount? Checkmate, doubters.

Relax guys. Servers will merge in 3-5 months, after the other servers finally got their shit together. We need to go for maximum effect here, and that only works if we wait long enough for people to forget about Kronos and just play on the other services that spring up like weeds. And all of this won't matter anyways as long as people on K2 don't have their bug mounts, it's a matter of priorities. Like seriously, what's more important? Saving two dying servers or people having bug mount? Checkmate, doubters.

It's easy for players who have already gone through the war effort to brush it off as unimportant. However, the war effort and opening of the AQ gates were a landmark event of Vanilla. Removing this from players would be like removing one of the main elements of the game. If this was an expansion it would be like removing one of the key features of the expansion that players either never got to experience or wanted to experience it again. While we understand that K1 players are eager for the merge, you have to look at things as a whole and understand that it's not fair to those who have been waiting for this for a long time (whether on Kronos or other projects that have failed to deliver). 3-5 months is hardly an accurate timeframe, though based on the negativity of your entire post I suppose it was to be expected.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't gotten a response so re-sending it.

"Main point is here please make another announcement that explicitly states what "blizzlike" war effort means and a timeline for the war effort for all to see. All I see here are players giving out conjectures of what it should be but in the end all that matters is what the Kronos say will happen. So please give us an announcement here otherwise you are leaving us in the dark again"

What does "blizzlike" mean for k2

I can't give specifics as far as time/dates (because we don't have that). But Blizzlike means that there is assistance in completing the war effort. The time for completion will vary with the amount that players are turning in, which has been very nice to see the amount of players actually taking part of it. Again I can't provide specific numbers because we do not have the exact numbers to share, but a safe guesstimate would be anywhere between 4-8 weeks or so for the war effort to complete (where 4 weeks is on the low end, and 8 weeks is on the very high end). Having said that, based on my personal observations of player effort levels, I would venture a guess that it will likely be in the middle/lower range of that guesstimate. That's the best I can provide.

^what most of us on K1 are feeling.

It's easy for players who have already gone through the war effort to brush it off as unimportant. However, the war effort and opening of the AQ gates were a landmark event of Vanilla. Removing this from players would be like removing one of the main elements of the game. If this was an expansion it would be like removing one of the key features of the expansion that players either never got to experience or wanted to experience it again. While we understand that K1 players are eager for the merge, you have to look at things as a whole and understand that it's not fair to those who have been waiting for this for a long time (whether on Kronos or other projects that have failed to deliver). 3-5 months is hardly an accurate timeframe, though based on the negativity of your entire post I suppose it was to be expected.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't give specifics as far as time/dates (because we don't have that). But Blizzlike means that there is assistance in completing the war effort. The time for completion will vary with the amount that players are turning in, which has been very nice to see the amount of players actually taking part of it. Again I can't provide specific numbers because we do not have the exact numbers to share, but a safe guesstimate would be anywhere between 4-8 weeks or so for the war effort to complete (where 4 weeks is on the low end, and 8 weeks is on the very high end). Having said that, based on my personal observations of player effort levels, I would venture a guess that it will likely be in the middle/lower range of that guesstimate. That's the best I can provide.

Thanks for the clarification! Appreciate it!

- - - Updated - - -

Have you guys considered at all the effect the merge will have on the server in terms of lag? There are people lagging right now with just KRONOS 1 population, will doubling that pop or more cause more lag? Have you considered a new host at all?

Happy about the merge, but I know alot of people share the same questions I have above, would appreciate an answer.

Have you guys considered at all the effect the merge will have on the server in terms of lag? There are people lagging right now with just KRONOS 1 population, will doubling that pop or more cause more lag? Have you considered a new host at all?

Happy about the merge, but I know alot of people share the same questions I have above, would appreciate an answer.

The hardware can handle the population, even a significantly increased one at that. Any lag that certain players are experiencing (a minority of players) is possibly due to the DDoS protection. Any players who are experiencing lag issues can log into iRC and speak with Cision, who **may** be able to help.

While we're doing the math, Nefarian died the same amount of times on k1 as on k2 last week. 23 times.

A few of those guilds have already expressed that they are leaving for other projects, and presumably a few more will collapse when notable servers launch during Q1 of 2017.

Just don't fool yourselves into thinking that this means kronos will be a high, or even medium pop server. At best the merge will push you back to the point where k1 was a few months ago. The issue k1 had with very little fresh blood will not be solved by this, fresh players go where the hype is and I'm sorry to say, the hype k2 had isn't going to k1+2.

Consider permanently upping rates as a way to set yourselves apart if you want to attract new blood.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think is fair that K1 had6 months to complete the gong questline, also they had more time of mc and bwl, you guys are rushing things way too fast in K2, its not fair for us

Last edited:
Stop the crap plz, you wouldnt have done it on K2 either. If you are new on K2 because you were on k1 before i doubt a guild would give you 10 elementium ores to complete the quest anyway.
On k1 despite the long war effort, the average of completed scepter was 3 per guild and most guild did 2.

Stop the crap plz, you wouldnt have done it on K2 either. If you are new on K2 because you were on k1 before i doubt a guild would give you 10 elementium ores to complete the quest anyway.
On k1 despite the long war effort, the average of completed scepter was 3 per guild and most guild did 2.
stfu you people of k1 are so annoying you are so desperate for merge, also u dont know nothing about me im in a 8/8 guild and already got the elementium i can complete ezpz the questline in a month but its not fair that k1 had 6 months for complete it and we only have 2 months

The reason it took K1 6 months is server being offline, and later lagging horribly, which completely stopped turning in of the materials for a long while. It was supposed to be a 3 months thing.

stfu you people of k1 are so annoying you are so desperate for merge, also u dont know nothing about me im in a 8/8 guild and already got the elementium i can complete ezpz the questline in a month but its not fair that k1 had 6 months for complete it and we only have 2 months

Yeah, then why did you edit your post saying you wont have time to complete the questline on k2, that you switched server after you failed getting it on K1.

i personally had characters in k1, but i stopped playing K1 cause i didnt get to complete gong quest so i started al over again in k2 but looks like im not going to complete it, again

Please, stop embarassing yourself.

Yeah, then why did you edit your post saying you wont have time to complete the questline on k2, that you switched server after you failed getting it on K1.

Please, stop embarassing yourself.
lol you people from k1 are so amusing

- - - Updated - - -

dude do you want me to link my armory? i will show you my bug mount if u dont believe me

Just posting this to trigger caligvla, since he sent me "f u" private message after I said war effort should have lasted 3 months on K1.

arie5nJ.jpg

when "server merge and Naxxramas" comes down to getting the silly mount there is no hope...

Top Bottom