• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Server Merge and Naxxramas

Re: [INFORMACE] Server Merge and Naxxramas

Kronos 2 people still against the merge.. Meanwhile standing 1 dropped to 130k, whereas few weeks ago it was like 500k more.. Obviously anyone who was into PvP and even casual BGs stopped playing and PvP is almost non-existent, even on K1, where it's also bad, st1 was almost the double last week..

On the other hand, no way the resources are filling up at "decent" speed, they were at 18% on 20th of December, they are at 24% today. That's 6% in 17 days, or 0,35% per day.. 10,5% a month? :D
And as people said, they didn't even start doing the hard stuff..

I saw a light at the end of the tunnel when it was announced that War Effort is going to be Blizzlike, aka it would start filling itself up at the rate of 3% per day after 1 month.. That way it would be over by 4th of February and we could merge as we enter March. Considering that War Effort started on 4th of December, that autocompleting thing should've started 2 days ago..but it didn't.. This new mumbo-jumbo "a bit turn in, a bit autocomplete", no precise ETA, kills the hope in me tbh, the hope that was lighten up with 3 words - "Blizzlike War Effort" :D

Blizzlike War Effort was acceptable solution because K2 ppl would get their War Effort, and we would all hopefully get playable and fun server, late, but not way too late. I don't think we can allow ourselves to drag this out even a bit longer then necessary. This is because people will join some new servers just to try it out, then level, then get some gear and then get attached and stay for good. I mean, I didn't log for the last 5 days and that's the first time since I play here, not because I play on the other server - I simply got bored.. Now, there's tons of Kronos players who stopped logging due to boredom and nothing else, but most of them rolled other servers to try out.. and many will get attached to new characters, guilds, big community and never come back. That's exactly what happened to Feenix because they delayed their merge when Kronos and another big server opened up. That's why you must not lose time cause the number of such players is increasing every day, especially with this "new start" hype which comes tomorrow.

Sooo, stick to your original plan when you announced "Blizzlike War Effort", fill it up 3% a day (you should've started 2 days ago), and we might have a nice server in March before too much damage is done!

P.S.: If GMs actually did fill these 6% up in the last 2 days (which would mean K2 players did total of 0% in 17 days when I last checked), I appologize for this wall of text.

P.P.S.: Also, here's a timeline for you guys since I read somewhere that you can't really come up with that atm:

- 4th of December - War Effort start
- 4th (6th) of January - autocomplete start
- 4th of February - War Effort over
- 11th of February - AQ opening, a week between for gong to get banged and whatnot
- 4th or 11th of March - Merge the servers, that would give K2 guilds 3 or 4 ID's to compete for server firsts and kill the content that will everyone kill the 1st week anyway

Last edited:
Good old Sarei, still fighting with rational arguments. If what you're saying is true and the effort isn't autofilling then gg Kronos. :angry:

hey...

I've sorta stayed out this discussion but I guess I just want to say that I do agree with the sentiment of "the sooner the better". I do also completely understand the staffs motivation for handling it the way they do. Putting myself in K2 players' shoes I'd probably also be pissed being denied the opening event (even if it is admittedly trivial in the prospect of 2 dead servers).

The only thing I can think of to make the merge happen sooner while still respecting K2 getting their opening event and race for server 1sts while also not locking out K1 players from AQ for 2 months is adding an "attunement" to AQ. It would be autocompleted for any K1 character so they can keep doing AQ after which you merge the servers. K1 guilds can keep clearing AQ while K2 guilds wouldn't be "attuned". When the war effort completes, and AQ opens K2 players can "attune" themselves. The "attunement" would be something as simple as just talking to an NPC next to the gong with a dialogue option that read "Give me access to Ahn Qiraji". Of course is no perfect solution but it the best i could come up with (._.)

If the staff chooses go through with their current plan, well, I guess I will just be hoping for the best. I do believe the merge will still have effect even if is done later which is fine. I guess I just think it will do more if it is done sooner.

hey...

I've sorta stayed out this discussion but I guess I just want to say that I do agree with the sentiment of "the sooner the better". I do also completely understand the staffs motivation for handling it the way they do. Putting myself in K2 players' shoes I'd probably also be pissed being denied the opening event (even if it is admittedly trivial in the prospect of 2 dead servers).

The only thing I can think of to make the merge happen sooner while still respecting K2 getting their opening event and race for server 1sts while also not locking out K1 players from AQ for 2 months is adding an "attunement" to AQ. It would be autocompleted for any K1 character so they can keep doing AQ after which you merge the servers. K1 guilds can keep clearing AQ while K2 guilds wouldn't be "attuned". When the war effort completes, and AQ opens K2 players can "attune" themselves. The "attunement" would be something as simple as just talking to an NPC next to the gong with a dialogue option that read "Give me access to Ahn Qiraji". Of course is no perfect solution but it the best i could come up with (._.)

If the staff chooses go through with their current plan, well, I guess I will just be hoping for the best. I do believe the merge will still have effect even if is done later which is fine. I guess I just think it will do more if it is done sooner.

You are a bit late on this...The k2 war effort will auto complete by the beginning of February and weeks after that they will merge what's left of the two servers

Well yeah, as Slippy wrote, it indeed increased by 3% since I checked it and wrote my last post.. If it's going to be 30% tomorrow and so on, we're on a good path.

Are you guys sure the auto complete has started? I checked the war effort earlier today and wool bandages were the lowest at 9% (around 22-23 k? bandages?. Now they are suddenly at 37% (93k bandages) whereas the other bars don't seem to really have moved. Is this the way it is supposed to be? I thought it was supposed to increase every bar by 3% per day? Where are those 70k bandages coming from?

Are you guys sure the auto complete has started? I checked the war effort earlier today and wool bandages were the lowest at 9% (around 22-23 k? bandages?. Now they are suddenly at 37% (93k bandages) whereas the other bars don't seem to really have moved. Is this the way it is supposed to be? I thought it was supposed to increase every bar by 3% per day? Where are those 70k bandages coming from?

I am 100% positiv, it's supposed to be 3% per day for every bar, meaning it's not exactly 3% a day after a certain period of time. But it might be hard to do and easier to just up 3% the total bar.

So now they restarted the server and it auto completed 12% in one go. Is this the auto completion for the last 4 days or what is going on? Even 3% auto completion would not meet up with the "4 to 8 weeks" comment, as it would pretty much always end before the end of the 4th week.

Just tell us what speed you are trying to go at so we can plan our raids and scepter farm ~.~
My plans are gonna be very different if you're gonna complete it in 3 weeks (at 3% rate) or if you are gonna complete it in the original 4-8 (with estimate of lower to mid of that, so 5-6).

THey are killing k2 before the merge is happening with these stuntsSooooo many horde guilds struggling with enough people, went back to nost, stopped etc... and with them fucking more and more over in terms of correct timeline, pushing content etc...I really dont see the fairness for K2 in all this AT all.They had 6months wareffort, and adding to that alot more time with CH, MC, BWL etc to farm shit and stuff - we are close to 1 year behind in everything

- - - Updated - - -

you are killing kronos way faster with this merge by screwing us people from k2

Idk if merge gonna work out. I was in the same situation when ED died out. We could not fill raid spots so we had to accept almost every application. As a result our guild became completely casual filled with bunch of backpedaling clickers. Terrible raids, retarded wipes on faceroll encounters. Raids became torture instead something exciting. Even though other good guilds disbanded and some of them decided to join us, it simply was not enough. Last 3 or 4 months most of my guildmates just raidlogged. I hope admins come up with better solution than simply merging. We lacking fresh blood, they probably should work on their social media a bit better and promote server by doing interesting events

Guys, don't be so negative. I know you are pissed because you believe in hypes, but don't let hypes fool you. If you keep on being positive, Kronos will survive. If you keep on being negative, you will distract any newcomers from joining. So it's your choice in which direction the ship will sail.

Again I strongly like Sachikome's idea of merging the server now and letting only K2 people do the war effort and only K1 people access AQ. This can be done with one NPC that teleports K1 players behind the AQ gate, two and database entries. One for K1 people who get access to AQ areas and one for K2 people to get no access to the teleport npc and teleporting K2 players out of any AQ zone as long as the effort is not finished. This way you have both: The connected community and the opportunity to finish war effort in the time you like.

THey are killing k2 before the merge is happening with these stuntsSooooo many horde guilds struggling with enough people, went back to nost, stopped etc... and with them fucking more and more over in terms of correct timeline, pushing content etc...I really dont see the fairness for K2 in all this AT all.They had 6months wareffort, and adding to that alot more time with CH, MC, BWL etc to farm shit and stuff - we are close to 1 year behind in everything

- - - Updated - - -

you are killing kronos way faster with this merge by screwing us people from k2

I'm on K2 also. You don't speak for me.

And really, some people act as if K1 wanted months on end of farming BWL + a 6 month War Effort. We had threads here begging for auto-complete cause it was taking so long.

Another thing, K2 is getting a way more "Blizzlike" experience than K1 got. In retail there wasn't the massive gap between BWL and AQ that K1 had to endure. K2 has a perfect timeline. They will be finishing farming AQ right in time for Naxx.

i was talking for myself, why u so salty? it is a free forum boy, so i can write whatever i want

- - - Updated - - -

if u are a casual and u like being 1 year behind k1, good for u

i understand and respect Kronos team decision to wait before merge in order to give K2 people the chance to have their war effort and aq40 opening (those may mean nothing to me but there are people enjoying those events).

Then again, i am sitting in IF waiting forever to join a BG (AV weekend but AV is hard to have at the moment) and this has been happening for many days now. The pvp issue is also due to the imbalance between factions.

It is to be expected that the less activity (pvp, pve, whatever anyone likes) people see each day the harder it gets for themselves.

Maybe you should consider offering RIGHT NOW free faction change from alliance to horde, x7 xp event or anything else if you insist on waiting for the server merge.

Last edited:
i dont have a problem with merge i have a problem with pushing content, rushing timeline and having less time to complete gong quest, maybe if u could merge and still give us time for completing war effort and gong quest after the merge it would be cool

Situation is dire :-(

Considering finally leaving Kronos, sadly. Friends list offline, guilds falling apart. We had Nef on farm for months. Not anymore. Not enough players to kill him.

Problem is: merging now won't work due to War effort going on. Merging right after gate opens might be the best solution, because waiting for K2 guilds to 'catch up' with K1 will mean even more decadent population.

By the way, Kronos should finally release census numbers! Why not do it wtf?! Also updating website, twitter (still says "biggest vanilla project") and other media will surely not worsen the situation.

The situation isn't really that dire, yet. Sure alot of guilds are struggling but there's still alot of guilds around and eventually there will be guildmerges and new ones will start up, there's actually alot of people leveling on Kronos 2 atm, not sure where all these lowlevels came from, maybe nost or some other project, but its a good thing.

I do think however that staff need to get better at some things, specifically marketing/promoting and social media activity overall. Maybe offering free faction-change for allys to horde as well to even out the population.

Top Bottom