• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Server Merge and Naxxramas

Why on earth is the AQ war effort considered to be an interesting or relevant thing for people to be doing? Just merge the servers. K2 people can run AQ on Kronos 1 without having to grind for bug butts in Silithus for hundreds of hours. It's a stupid rep grind. Skip it.

Why on earth is the AQ war effort considered to be an interesting or relevant thing for people to be doing? Just merge the servers. K2 people can run AQ on Kronos 1 without having to grind for bug butts in Silithus for hundreds of hours. It's a stupid rep grind. Skip it.

Because they want to be k2 server firsts, whatever that means (autism? :rolleyes2:).

I like Sachi's idea.

Is K2 war effort auto-completes or are we all stuck, waiting for half a year until players do it? Like it was with K1 and took a FCKING FOREVER?

@guy above:
It's easy for players who have already gone through the war effort to brush it off as unimportant. However, the war effort and opening of the AQ gates were a landmark event of Vanilla. Removing this from players would be like removing one of the main elements of the game. If this was an expansion it would be like removing one of the key features of the expansion that players either never got to experience or wanted to experience it again. While we understand that K1 players are eager for the merge, you have to look at things as a whole and understand that it's not fair to those who have been waiting for this for a long time (whether on Kronos or other projects that have failed to deliver). 3-5 months is hardly an accurate timeframe, though based on the negativity of your entire post I suppose it was to be expected.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't give specifics as far as time/dates (because we don't have that). But Blizzlike means that there is assistance in completing the war effort. The time for completion will vary with the amount that players are turning in, which has been very nice to see the amount of players actually taking part of it. Again I can't provide specific numbers because we do not have the exact numbers to share, but a safe guesstimate would be anywhere between 4-8 weeks or so for the war effort to complete (where 4 weeks is on the low end, and 8 weeks is on the very high end). Having said that, based on my personal observations of player effort levels, I would venture a guess that it will likely be in the middle/lower range of that guesstimate. That's the best I can provide.
I admit it should be more visible in this huge thread.

great announcements, great to see timelines, look forward to most of this.

not to nitpick but i would like to point out theres only 21 raiding guilds atm (me me da, onslaught, friend, friends, memento mori, synced, doomhaus, gulch trotters, risen, bohemia, kairos, blacklabel, control, u&v, agony, lost in sauce, redemption, hotline, orgrim, vanguard, and crimson)

if i am mistaken, let me know

Another horde guild folded yesterday. Down to maybe 16 raiding guilds. Losing guilds at a rate of 1 a week.

I really dont see the fairness for K2 in all this AT all.
They had 6months wareffort, and adding to that alot more time with MC, BWL etc to farm shit and stuff - we are close to 1 year behind in everything, you are only going to drive more people appart with the merge

I really dont see the fairness for K2 in all this AT all.
They had 6months wareffort, and adding to that alot more time with MC, BWL etc to farm shit and stuff - we are close to 1 year behind in everything, you are only going to drive more people appart with the merge

Just get the fuck out to Elyseum already please.
Between losing hundreds of peoples because of lack of population on both servers and losing tens like you because they think having a blizzlike war effort is not fair, i choose the second option.
Merge is the only good solution for the whole Kronos project in the long run.

I think it's just few kids who don't care about population being 50 or 5000 that complain about the merge, as long as they can farm their mobs into oblivion alone in the world..

I never even logged on K2, but I talked to my 2 irl friends yesterday who rerolled from K1 to K2 (sold K1 chars while doing so) and they actually wonder why don't they speed this thing up.. According to them it's just as dead as on K1, no battlegrounds going, 10 people in IF and they have nothing to do except raidloggin twice a week for 3-4h..

2 Ally NA guilds killed C'thun this week, down from 9. Just imagine if the powers that be had heeded our cries for help in early October and not waited for December to announce a merge. I have a bit of hope that after the merger the NA scene will stabilize, but it will be a shadow of it's former self and it just saddens me greatly to think of all the friends I've lost contact with since October. We had something special on Kronos 1 through October that if I could put in a bottle and hold onto I would have never let go.

My buddy and I take a census every evening at 6:00pm EST - NA

On Ally, there's an average of 400-450 players online at once. I have a guild along with a few other IRL friends, and we are trying to build our microcommunity to hopefully raid/pvp without problems in the near future. I hope our efforts pay off, and we succeed in assisting in providing an awesome Vanilla experience without an overpopulated scene.

I think it's just few kids who don't care about population being 50 or 5000 that complain about the merge, as long as they can farm their mobs into oblivion alone in the world..

I never even logged on K2, but I talked to my 2 irl friends yesterday who rerolled from K1 to K2 (sold K1 chars while doing so) and they actually wonder why don't they speed this thing up.. According to them it's just as dead as on K1, no battlegrounds going, 10 people in IF and they have nothing to do except raidloggin twice a week for 3-4h..

2 Ally NA guilds killed C'thun this week, down from 9. Just imagine if the powers that be had heeded our cries for help in early October and not waited for December to announce a merge. I have a bit of hope that after the merger the NA scene will stabilize, but it will be a shadow of it's former self and it just saddens me greatly to think of all the friends I've lost contact with since October. We had something special on Kronos 1 through October that if I could put in a bottle and hold onto I would have never let go.

To be fair, C'Thun currently has buggy animations which is causing the fight to be much harder than it is intended to be. For instance, during the dark glare mechanic, C'Thun's eye looks in one direction and fires the beam off in a completely different directions causing several unavoidable deaths. Our guild has been struggling on C'Thun due to these bugs since they started accruing a few weeks ago. But even so, there are only 3 active NA raiding guilds Alliance side atm and one has been losing veteran members at a rapid pace, including now the GM.

Last edited:
For instance, during the dark glare mechanic, C'Thun's eye looks in one direction and fires the beam off in a completely different directions causing several unavoidable deaths.

It is actually blizzlike that the eye looks to the right after starting the dark glare cast, and then shooting back in the original direction (to the left). Rule of thumb: always run to the left if the eye is facing you.

https://youtu.be/tuWhN9mVgZI?t=1m33s

It is actually blizzlike that the eye looks to the right after starting the dark glare cast, and then shooting back in the original direction (to the left). Rule of thumb: always run to the left if the eye is facing you.

https://www.twitch.tv/unsulliedroarrior/v/113685724

You can see the bugged animation at 3:22:00 which killed an entire group because we thought it was going to shoot the beam in a different direction. It was only after reviewing the stream that we realized the beam is cast in the direction of a specified player, which can be identified with addons, and will have to call that out next time. This was never an issue for us before these animations started being buggy like this.

population today 1.1k alliance online at 22.40ish, saw people wrote that it was about 450... that is way wrong

approx 900 horde online in same time, so ~2000 peak

2000 peak is not bad at all imo, wasnt original vanilla server cap 2500? The difference between back then and now was that most people had no clue what they were doing, so more people in the world farming pointless stuff and doing 5 mans. People are way more efficient in what they are doing and therefore run out of things to do and afk in the capitals more. In the end it means that private vanilla servers need more people to look alive then the retail vanilla realms did.

No, it doesn't. Last jump was from 25 to 37% four days ago. Now it jumped from 39% to 43%. How is that 3% per day?

3% * 4 = 12%
25% + 12% = 37%

How is that NOT 3% per day? How could you even make it through the forum registration if you already have problems with such easy calculations?

39% + 3% = 42%
Propably the 1% missing to 43% was actually done by the players.

Top Bottom