• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

The Question of Naxxramas Difficulty Vol. 2

Which changes would you like to see for Naxxramas in the foreseeable future?

• Re-introduce world buffs and remove Buffed Stats from monsters

Votes: 73 21.0%
  • Re-introduce world buffs and keep Buffed Stats on monsters

Votes: 20 5.8%
  • Don't re-introduce world buffs and remove Buffed Stats from monsters

Votes: 91 26.2%
  • Keep it as it is at the moment

Votes: 163 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It seems there haven't been much response from horde in here, and from what I've read, you guys almost seem to feel sorry for us. Yes horde might be harder in PvE, but talking about the difficulty on discord doesn't mean I want it changed.

Let me put it very clear: The majority of our members (Wipe Club) is very happy with the difficulty of Naxxramas. For once we actually experienced the feeling of joy when getting a first boss kill, after having to progress it first. We need to assign people prior to pulls, we need to discuss speccs, roles and use different setups for different bosses. It's all we ever wanted. Thank you.
If you haven't figured already, I voted "Keep it as it is", and I'm certain the majority of my guild would do the same. There is just very few of them, if any, active on these forums. On one condition tho: There needs to be done something with the consumable market - or the availability of consumables. Currently the prices are skyhigh and all available notes are being farmed. Having a real life too, I understand why our raiders struggle to keep up on the consumables for our three raid nights a week.

From what we've encountered so far, these are some of the things I'd like the staff to look into:
- Trash mobs. Maybe you have tuned the damage a bit too high, consider reducing it with 5-10% or maybe just to blizzlike. The HP is fine, doesn't need to be reduced, they die so fast anyways.
- Patchwerks enrage timer isn't an issue for any guilds as far as I know. Maybe tune up his HP a bit more.
- Grobbulus seems very easy to me
- Anub'Rekhan and Faerlina is also very very easy. Some mentioned a HP boost to Maexxna aswell, to counter people dodging the 30-0% enrage timer, I think that is a good idea. We basically just ignore cocoons and zerg her down, not having to worry about web spin.
- Deathknight wing seems propperly tuned - needs no fixing imo. Gothik tuned really nicely, same goes for 4h.
- Noth and Heigan are both easy. Loatheb seems fine, but had expected a tougher fight tbh.
- Don't touch Sapphiron! Finally a fight where healers are pushed to their limits, I fucking love it. The air phase seems a bit fucked tho, ice blocks/blast seems a bit strange, dno how to explain it.
- We had some tries on Kel'Thuzad, from what I've seen ph1 is fine, but the frost bolt volley seemed to hit for shitton. I mean, most of our raid had flasks on from Sapphiron and they nearly got oneshot still. I'm currently considering FrR gear on our raid, but I don't think that should be nessesary?..

So basically:
Decrease trash dmg, NOT HP
Don't bring back world buffs. You can't believe how relieving it is not having to worry about that.
Smaller adjustments on some bosses, no downtuning
Fix herb timers (and maybe buff demonic rune drop chance, then i love you long time)

Also theres some pathing here and there that needs to be fixed, but thats not what this is about. Especially the room around Loatheb is fucked, wink wink. And Gargoyles spewing through walls, is that normal??

And not be all negative: A general thank you for a good experience in Naxxramas, I personally have had some good first raids in there with our guild.

Do whatever you want with bosses and trash mobs. Just don't enable world buffs, imo. Feels good not having to be afraid to die and lose the buffs

While we're on the subject of making trash easier, how about you guys fix the invisible trash mobs bug? I'm sure every guild has had their time wasted on trash at least a few times because some ***** has the invisible trash bug and asspulls a pack he/she forgot is there. It's also really annoying to have to relog 10 times per night in Naxx just to be able to see all the mobs.

Thanks.

Remove buffs on trash and keep the rest, imho. I like that option the most; sadly it's not in the poll so I won't vote.

On the other thread I predicted the current burnout. Buffed content in Vanilla = More time needed to farm consumables. If a raid has done everything right then they deserve to get the kill. The limiting factor shouldn't be how many resistance pots, or flasks they have. It's not fun and not sustainable for a long period.

3 Fights require protection pots to do atm. Sapph eventually won't but for the time being I hear wearing frost resist helps and KT will get outgeared.

Most of the other fights don't require flasks on anyone but the tanks. Loatheb is getting 1-2 shot by most guilds. Thaddius can be killed with 30 people alive. None of the enrage timers mean shit and even with the HP buff guilds are still skipping mechanics.

It seems like the limiting factor is 'doing everything right' just based off the first page of realmplayers where guilds are wiping more on Heigan than on loatheb and more on Instructor than on Gothik. Not to mention Gluth (lots of consumes required for that fight lol) P.S. Instructor had more than gothik before that 17.

4 Horsemen has a lot but people are still progressing on that one.

Sounds more like some people just want to push their 1 button macros and stare in slack jawed amazement at the pretty numbers like they used to instead of beating a fight through a little bit of skill and coordination.

Anyways. The real guild killers are time and raidstats. With the trash buffed a lot of guilds just don't have the time to get quality attempts on new bosses. And raidstats. Making bad players think they're good since 2014.

I don't have a problem with most of the bosses other than Sapp (auto-attack dmg + huge tail whip) and KT. It wouldn't bother me that much if they stayed the same. Gothik tuning is just about right. It does seem to be the buffed trash that is wearing on people. Nerf that shit as soon as possible.

Can we put Thunderfury on C'thun loottable and elementium/dft/tear on random AQ40 bosses please, that would help even more with schedule.

Why don't we just give Hogger a 2000% damage and HP buff and make all naxx loot drop from him? Fuck it, make him drop dft and tears too while ur at it

Last edited:
naxx is fun how it is , +1 to keep as it currently

minus all the broken shit

As another member of Wipe Club I agree with what Pipfugl has said, Naxx has been a lot of fun but I would support nerfing trash damage and possibly KT damage needs tuning so you dont need a whole raid flasked. I think Sapph is very difficult for now but will be a lot easier once everyone has epic FR gear so I think he is fine, maybe auto attack damage could be reduced.

I voted keep it as it is, maybe we need another option as these small changes are potentially more popular than full removal or full keep.

Nerfing trash HP and kt damage maybe a little bit sounds like a good compromise. Nerfed trash dying faster gives more time for killing bosses and gear coming in the future will make bosses easier. Sapph should be doable in better frr gear and when tanks are geared.

Also how are you planning on introducing changes? At the moment its:

27% Add world buffs,Nerf Naxx
7% Add world buffs, keep Naxx as is
26% No world buffs, Nerf naxx
41% Keep as is.

Do you keep as is with these results? Because you could also see it as:

34% of people want world buffs
53% of people want naxx nerfed.

Also how are you planning on introducing changes? At the moment its:

27% Add world buffs,Nerf Naxx
7% Add world buffs, keep Naxx as is
26% No world buffs, Nerf naxx
41% Keep as is.

Do you keep as is with these results? Because you could also see it as:

34% of people want world buffs
53% of people want naxx nerfed.

34% of Kronos population is meterwhores that raidlog, confirmed. Please don't give in to those people. The rest of us that actually plays actively outside raids aswell will just become depressed again. Dont reintroduce world buffs in Naxxramas yet, for the love of god. It's probably one of the best decisions you've ever made.

And yes, eventually I want world buffs in Naxxramas aswell, but NOT before the majority of (capable) guilds have cleared it, and by that, I'm not saying they should be farming it all. Stop crying because you can't bruteforce everything now, please.

^ yeah pls make a vote and bend the results with some shady arguments so they fit to what I want.

Why was their no poll option for buffing naxx? The way the poll is set up, with three out of the four options having something to do with nerfing Naxx, and the fourth option being basically "do nothing," it's inherently biased, and will lead many who either don't have a strong opinion, or haven't seen much of Naxx yet to believe that Naxx should be nerfed somehow, simply because that's what most of the poll options call for.

As you have seen so far, a lot of players from both horde and alliance have expressed an opinion that a number of the bosses are actually far too easy in their current state. With the impending armor nerf (which is essentially an hp nerf), they'll become even easier. Over this past weekend I watched one guild kill Thaddius with half their raid dead for most of P2, and another kill Patchwerk with only one hateful tank alive from 80% to 0. Those would have been guaranteed wipes back in retail, but since bosses die so much faster here on Kronos, you can get away with repeatedly failing the main mechanics of every boss, and still win the fight quite easily. Wiping isn't often any fun, but where exactly is the fun and the challenge in killing bosses (especially the ones in Naxx), if you don't even get punished for failing to execute their main mechanics?

If they nerf KT I would be incredibly disappointing. But what do our opinions matter. You guys should of held a discussion first with the community "us" and then made a poll.

Yeah, the poll isn't formulated well, but they don't need to rely on the poll, they can read comments too.

Nerf trash, the rest will nerf itself with more gear and practice. If you really see many guilds struggling later, consider nerfing bosses too. Re-introduce those damn wbuffs, ehh, maybe later if you see strong demand..?

Why was their no poll option for buffing naxx?
Because you can't buff content after the release, everyone caught by a buff in the middle of progress would feel herself cheated by the top guilds.

All buffing it comes down to is requiring more consumables for everyone. The only other thing they could do to make it harder is add custom mechanics...which is stupid. I mean, if you want guilds to burn-out and collapse then go ahead and buff it. Maybe that's the idea?

I vote for keep it as it is, tanks in Tier 3 already makes the content feel easier than first week.

Top Bottom