• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

"There will be an announcement on sunday...you're going to like it" -Dev today

Re: "There will be an announcement on sunday...you're going to like it" -Dev tod

Play on them... Twinstar tbc realm is really good. Opinions in the private server scene are mostly biased so the things you "heard" may not reflect reality.

I have to agree. Its the same topics as with 1x rates now. Some individuals always seem to think they know whats best.
And who would have thought. Szabinger and Grimlocke try to spread negativity again.

Players quit their current server to wait for Kronos so I would think they also wait now. Stay on track team, you got this.

I'm not spreading negativity. Just trying to stop people from spreading false, sugar coated positivity : )
After all, the thing that matters is the finished product, and based on that everyone can create their own opinion. Don't think anyone needs convincing about mark of quality and stuff like that.

Re: "There will be an announcement on sunday...you're going to like it" -Dev tod

I'm not spreading negativity. Just trying to stop people from spreading false, sugar coated positivity : )

But how to you know its false without first hand experience?

You may have read reviews...but what if that was people spreading false, shit coated negativity?

But how to you know its false without first hand experience?

You may have read reviews...but what if that was people spreading false, shit coated negativity?

That's why I edited my post, that people need to create their own opinion based on the finished product, without biased people telling them what to think : )

Re: Release Discussion.

WHAT?????? :no::angry:

It's a good thing. People will buy and sell 60's regardless if there is an official system in place. The fact that Kronos can make some money from those transactions, thus helping to support their server, is a wonderful thing.

I know some people believe things like DDoS protection can be paid for with wishes and dreams, but alas that is not how it works.

It's a good thing. People will buy and sell 60's regardless if there is an official system in place. The fact that Kronos can make some money from those transactions, thus helping to support their server, is a wonderful thing.

I know some people believe things like DDoS protection can be paid for with wishes and dreams, but alas that is not how it works.
Wasnt there always the comment that Twinstar is standing behind them, securing the financial point of the project?

Wasnt there always the comment that Twinstar is standing behind them, securing the financial point of the project?

Of course they are...but you expect it to be that way for the entire lifetime of the Kronos server? Why would the twinstar project bleed money to a server which isn't making them anything? Thats just a bad business plan.

Financial Backing != Financial Support.

Twinstar will back the server financialyl to get it setup and stable...but will not support the server financially if it can't make its own ends meat.

I see your point. However, what I cannot see is why anybody willing to sell their hard earner lvl 60 on a 1x rates would use the auction system that Twinstar has. Unless they wanted to switch to a different class, in which case they'd instantly buy another character.

I mean, I don't know. The auction system is going to help the server, yes. But I imagine it won't be used too often, at least not for a while. Remember that you only get a somewhat useless currency that you can buy (possibly) other chars on auction or some cosmetic items. You can never transfer it to real money for yourself.

Now, about DDoS protection. I'll admit that I have zero knowledge what kind of DDoS protection Twinstar has. But I believe its efficiency remains to be seen. Twinstar has been to a large extend limited to Czech Republic and Slovakia. If it ever gains international attention - which it is going to with Kronos release, we might actually see the real deal. I hope they consider using some kind of cloud protection for that, as that has proven to be most effective. God knows it's not cheap though. So, we'll see what happens :smile:

I see your point. However, what I cannot see is why anybody willing to sell their hard earner lvl 60 on a 1x rates would use the auction system that Twinstar has. Unless they wanted to switch to a different class, in which case they'd instantly buy another character.

I mean, I don't know. The auction system is going to help the server, yes. But I imagine it won't be used too often, at least not for a while. Remember that you only get a somewhat useless currency that you can buy (possibly) other chars on auction or some cosmetic items. You can never transfer it to real money for yourself

You are right. If the seller wanted to earn cold hard cash then they would sell it behind the scenes...the character auction system is in place just in case anyone wishes to support the server in a particular way. If no one wants to sell their 60 over the system...well there is no harm in having the system in place just in case, yea?

The system is also in place to help people sell their characters in a safe way. At least you get something out of your transaction instead of likely being scammed outright,

I've seen many, many post about tbc, wotlk servers and Twinstar realms never came up. When they did, people always wrote bad things about them (quality of scripts, popupation, gm's, etc...).

I have joined Twinstar just about a year and a half ago ... before that, I didn´t even play here (I still don´t :D ) and I must say, that a lot of what I heard about this project from friends was just plainly ignorant ranting. Most of it was due to succesfull PR campaign with News and creating Hype for things and then having 1 bad day after release, but nobody cared that it got fixed really quickly, the first impression created all the rumors :)

This project is not perfect, no project ever is and ever will be. But if you have a good feeling about it, you bond with the team ... then make something out of it and help the project. If you want change, there is nothing stopping you from joining the team and changing it yourself.

So that is why by my own iniciative I tried something I´ve never seen on WoW private scene. Let the players decide by offering them a full idea about the servers quality, not by biased (either too hyped, or trashtalking the actual state) reviews of other players

Cataclysm locations - http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/69049-Lokace-rozcestník

Guide for non-czech speaking:

Aktuálně je kompletně otestováno 70% všech lokací! A testováním průběžně prochází zbylých 30%.

To this day, we have fully tested 70% of all locations! And testing of last 30% is in progress.

[level] Název lokace - plně funkční questy (%)

[level] Name of the location - fully functional quests (%)

Zeleně označeny plně funkční questy
Červeně označeny questy s majoritními chybami
Žlutě označeny questy s minoritními chybami
Green is for fully functional quests
Red is for quests with major bugs
Yellow is for quests with minor bugs

nefunkční - 0x (0%)
splnitelný - 2x (6%)
funkční - 33x (94%)

not working - 0x (0%)
completable - 2x (6%)
fully functional - 33x (94%)

TL;DR:

It´s all about community (that supplies potentional team members) ... if you want change/make something better, nobody here is paid (like a full-time job) to provide you with something. If you are dissatisfied with any project you play on, try joining their team ... and if you see they are ****ts and won´t listen to reason, then you can say it´s a bad server. But if they do, or you didn´t even try ... then your opinion is biased and might be incorrect.

Last edited:

Of course they are...but you expect it to be that way for the entire lifetime of the Kronos server? Why would the twinstar project bleed money to a server which isn't making them anything? Thats just a bad business plan.

Financial Backing != Financial Support.

Twinstar will back the server financialyl to get it setup and stable...but will not support the server financially if it can't make its own ends meat.

Kronos is like advertising from twinstar, I would have never even known about twinstar if it wasn't for kronos. I'm sure it's the same for the rest of you.

Kronos is like advertising from twinstar, I would have never even known about twinstar if it wasn't for kronos. I'm sure it's the same for the rest of you.

Indeed, but its main role is to make money. If the main goal for Kronos was advertisement then this wouldn't be its 3rd iteration...but its first.

Goal of Kronos is to provide the best vanilla experience as it can. Donation shop is there to motivate people to donate so the whole project have enough funds for software/hardware improvements. Just read servers specifications, twinstar is using expensive hardware.

Character AH was created because of increased number of account steals and was introduced with disabling the option to delete characters above level 19, to provide option to get rid of characters you don't want anymore. These two things highly increase chance, that you will not lost your character.

I've been following this project for more than 8 or 9 months now. Never have I thought about creating account on forum tho. However, I decided to make one and tell you guys what I think about it.

First of all devs are working their ass of here so I say just keep patient. But comunity claims that they may express, that we are getting tired of all the waiting. But (!) we may not do anything about that - releasing Kronos is only up to the devs, so why would people even complain about this on forum? Never got that.

There is another server coming out soon. All the impatient people just go there and enjoy (great server I suppose) Nostalrius. Nothing keeps you bounded here guys. Sometimes I think that all the "give us the release date or I leave and play on XYZ" is simply stupid attempt to make people drop this project and join server which these people want.

On the other hand I think releasing perfect server is impossible. Even the orginal WoW release was imperfect, so why would we try to achieve it now? Nothing terrible happens if we get 2 not working quests if rest of 3998 quests are working perfectly. But (!) community can't push the devs because it will end on telling "nothing bad happens if we get 2... 4... 10... 20... 52... and so on not working quests" and Kronos end up like other failed projects, which were supposed to be great and revolutionary but then it came up to be... untrue.

All the hype Kronos has is great PR work which, I think, will harm this project eventually. There should not be any "new quality" posts because true quality defends itself and don't need advertising. And if, in some way, devs fail to achieve what they wanted, community will be frustrated that they've been waiting for that long, hoping for this new quality and then end up disapointed.

Peace!

Last edited:

source, who said there will be an announcement? i searched but found nothing

Assuming both servers are better than the competition, the player base will find a way to segregate itself after the dust settles. My guess is that it will be based on language, with Nostal attracting the French player base again and Kronos becoming the global English language server. Assuming one server isn't noticeably better than the other, of course.

Character buying and selling is not a good thing in general, and doing it trough an official way and the server making profit from it won't make it any better.

Some of you guy are just great <3

Hekko, wiranri, I totally agree.

A new dev (nimrod) was also a regular member before. He showed that he had real interest and proved his worth to the team. Now hes part of it. Perfect example of what wiranri said.

For half a year the only argument agaist kronos seemed to be the auction. The guys arguing about it never even cared to read the rules arround this feature.
I played with the auction on 2 twinstar realms and its safe to say that this feature never ever, not even remotely, had any effect on my personal gaming experience. It you dont have a clue about something, its best to remain silent.

Last edited:

Assuming both servers are better than the competition, the player base will find a way to segregate itself after the dust settles. My guess is that it will be based on language, with Nostal attracting the French player base again and Kronos becoming the global English language server. Assuming one server isn't noticeably better than the other, of course.

Nostal is attracting the international/english player base just as much as Kronos. And Kronos is attracting the CZ/SK player base just as much as Nostal is attracting the French playerbase.

Nostal is attracting the international/english player base just as much as Kronos. And Kronos is attracting the CZ/SK player base just as much as Nostal is attracting the French playerbase.
Is Nostalrius going to enforce English in global channel like Kronos? I was under the impression that Kronos was taking an extra step in ensuring that everybody speaks English.

I think they are planning to do so, yes. They have enforced it on their forums, if I am not mistaken.

Is Nostalrius going to enforce English in global channel like Kronos? I was under the impression that Kronos was taking an extra step in ensuring that everybody speaks English.

From their latest FAQ:
What is the official language on the server?
English, english, and english. No other language shall be allowed on forum and public channels. It's an important rule to us, and we'll be very attentive to the behaviour of our players regarding this rule.

Top Bottom